T
tivi4u Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Hi,

I am very excited about this game.

@Larian Studios: which one is the "developed for" version though, english or german? (And which one is the dubbed version?)

I read that the German voice acting is quite well done, but I have also seen a great lineup of speakers for the english version. What are the character lips synced to, English or German?

From the trailer, I think it was synced to English, but can't be sure.

Can you comment on that?

Thanks!

stranger
stranger
I'm not a Larian official, but I know both versions - German and English - and I can say that the lipsynch is fine in both languages. The lipsynch system seems to follow the actual phonetics.

I'm sure Larian will correct me here, if I'm wrong.

dtp QA Member
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Martin is right: both the English and German versions have been individually synced for the language in question.

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
apprentice
I usually tend to play my games in English but since this one didn't have a language option (a missing feature btw, imho) I played inin German and was pleasently surprised. Some dialects and puns went very well and I had to laugh a lot.
One of the few games I actually enjoyed playing in German.

Maxos! - glad you don't need a translation for that.

journeyman
journeyman
I prefer my games in English but since my german is fluent, I definitely gonna get the CE sometime next week after finishing The Witcher Enhanced.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I don't know - I fear that I'll curse myself for having bought the German CE, because in almost all cases I know the international CE is so much better ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
I don't know - I fear that I'll curse myself for having bought the German CE, because in almost all cases I know the international CE is so much better ...

For example? I guess there are more international CE's overall, but that doesn't make them better quality wise, does it?

enthusiast
enthusiast
If I can stand the wait long enough, I'll get tne English language CE. Would be great if they just added optional language packs, then I'd get it now and go English when they bring out the lang pack.

but i'm crossing my fingers for a timely release in the country of origin.

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
i like to play german games in german and english games in english. since the development team speaks french (i think???) it doesnt matter to me. german version is very good.

veteran
veteran
Flemish.

english dutch french

apprentice
apprentice
I'm Flemish with a decent knowledge of German so it's playable for me - I understand what the characters are telling me most of the time (although I sometimes have to slow down). Not bad since it's been 10 years since I studied German in high school :p Better than waiting two months and discovering that there won't be a CE for that version (happened to Drakensang).

A
veteran
veteran
A
I think you can get Drakensang CEs via ebay Germany. I think I've seen a few there in the recent weeks.

Apart from that - the CE was more or less sold out before the release day. So it's no wonder you couldn't get one.

This just underlines the popularity of TDE in Germany.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
apprentice
apprentice
Yeah but I was hoping for an English CE at the time and there never was one :P

enthusiast
enthusiast
There is no Flemish language. The devs are Flemish, but they speak Dutch. So both English and German versions are not 'native'. I am expecting (hoping) both to have a Collector's Edition... Perhaps a special Flemish CE I can go to Larian and buy? Would really like something like the Witcher medallion keychain or leather bag or something, that's great. I'm looking forward to the international release, and I hope there'll be CE's available here.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard