Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
How's it going, guys? I don't know if you can give any accurate numbers yet, but I'm really interested in the sales of this game. I really hope it's going as planned or better, 'cause I know it'd assure a better future for RPG's if this game were to boom.

I think everyone here is crossing their fingers for this game, and for all you guys who put all that work in it.

apprentice
apprentice
I'm hoping for good sales as well. It's a lot of fun so far and it deserves its sales. Also, this is a good time to release a game since there's not a lot of competition at this time of year.

old hand
old hand
Yeah I also do hope the best for Larian in terms of sales.
Hopefully it will be recieved well by Internation consumers.

In terms of sales, Its currently ranked 7th place in the 100 in Amazons best seller games list.(It updates hourly so this may change)
So thats quite a positive sign!
http://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/videogames

K
stranger
stranger
K
i sincerely hope Divinity 2 comes through in terms of required sales.
Being belgian myself, i find it a sad case that games developing is pretty much inexistant here. Would be disappointing to see that Larian would quit as well.

I would have bought Divinity 2 myself by now if only there was an english version on the market already

apprentice
apprentice
Well according to amazon Divinity is the second best selling pc game in germany right after sims3.
no info on the number of sales though...
hope its doing well, i would really like to see more game content, mybe an addon or something...

stranger
stranger
According to the Media Control Germany charts, Divinity 2 entered right on the 3rd place: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/verkaufscharts/PC-CDROM/media_control.html

Great result! Congrats Larian! smile

\:\)
journeyman
journeyman
I'm sure it will do alright if not great. PC-RPG's are very popular in german speaking countries and it got AA ratings from all major mags.

edit:
Originally Posted by Cyberblitzbirne
According to the Media Control Germany charts, Divinity 2 entered right on the 3rd place: http://www.4players.de/4players.php/verkaufscharts/PC-CDROM/media_control.html

Great result! Congrats Larian! smile

that's great news indeed smile

Last edited by v1ctor; 29/07/09 05:29 PM.
old hand
old hand
Thats great news.
The Collectors Edition is 8th also.

apprentice
apprentice
I honestly hope it will do very well smile I may even buy the English version as well if there's a download version with a low enough price tag.

By the way Larian: have you tried to contact Impulse/Stardock? They may be very interested in your game and they DO deal directly with developers without them needing a publisher. It would give you a far bigger profit margin.

A
veteran
veteran
A
I hope I can still get a Collector's Edition ...

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
I know two stores that still have the CE in stock. PM me if you need info.

stranger
stranger
I can't wait to do my part by adding to the sales numbers. Come on September release date!

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard