Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BaHbKa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Do you remember that moment? There is a soldier on the column surrounded by three enemies. The problem is that nothing happens! Even when i come as close as posible to the enemies, i can't attack them, becouse they are friendly units! But it mustn't be like that. Does anyone has the same problem? How did you solved it? Please, i need help!

Last edited by ForkTong; 03/08/09 11:03 AM. Reason: Changed topic title
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Can you give a bit more info please then maybe i or someone else can help smile.

BaHbKa Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
So i have chosen all four servants (as trainer i chose man and didn't take any quests from woman), found grave with wind. I've been told that to stop wind i must help soldier that is stuck on column and he will give me book that will stop wind blowing. But i haven't got any quests about that soldier and when i come to him just nothing happens. And i can't attack 3 elf-dragons that surrounded him. But they don't atack me too! They are like friendly units. Don't know what to do frown Very upset.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Mmm well i got a quest of the female ship captain i think it was to save him because he keeps wondering off ,when i approached him there was a short cutscene then i killed the elf dragons and he gave me the book,but i have found a number of quests that are bugged so this maybe a random bug ??.

old hand
old hand
Copy paste from another similar topic:

I'm going to play the same record here as I did in the other topics: if you are playing the German release with English text, you may run into problems that the German version does not have. The locale setting is not as easy as it seems sometimes.

We will look into what you said there, but the chances that it's being caused by the fact that you tricked the game into thinking it's English are high.

Tweeting @forktong
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by madpaddy
Mmm well i got a quest of the female ship captain i think it was to save him because he keeps wondering off ,when i approached him there was a short cutscene then i killed the elf dragons and he gave me the book,but i have found a number of quests that are bugged so this maybe a random bug ??.

i passed that part without a hitch, just had to use the book to calm the wind then light the candles.

i havent really found a bugged quest yet, just a few spots where i had to do things in a certain order.

Last edited by FLUXINATOR; 03/08/09 07:25 PM. Reason: typo
addict
addict
ForkTong, this problem isnt caused by the english "patch", its also a bug in the german version of the game.

It can only be solved by rescuing him BEFORE you choose your 4 trainers. Otherwise you will not get the book of the wind which means you cant advance further in the game. Only way to solve is wait for patch or load an older savegame where you still have not chosen your trainers.

He, who does not fear his own sword, is not worthy to hold it.

old hand
old hand
Thanks gang! Made a bug report about this. Will check tomorrow if it has been fixed already or if this is new.

Tweeting @forktong
addict
addict
It was surely already reported, there are many threads about this bug in the german forum.

old hand
old hand
Then let's consider this a double check. I like nagging to the design team about "has this been fixed yet". And it'll also give me an indication of whether I should start monitoring German subforums more closely or not (as my German is really rusty and other people are already doing that).

Tweeting @forktong
addict
addict
=)
Its really nice to see the developers to close to the gamers, that isnt standard, keep up the good work!

old hand
old hand
Fixed in next patch!

Tweeting @forktong

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard