Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Originally Posted by Greever

Can't promise anything, but we are definately looking into this and already experimenting with some ways to add this hopefully in an uncoming patch.

You'd probably add some sort of penalty for the exchange then? To off-set potential abuse? Like paying XP or gold?

By the way, while you're looking into changes, how about adding a recall skill? (to a town or tower) I've found several ways to get stuck in the scenery and you could give it a cool down period and make it take a while to cast to avoid abuse but it would avoid people getting stuck and being forced to reload their game.

Another thing: the mouse wheel is being unused at the moment which is a bit of a shame. Usually it controls the camera but it doesn't here so you could use it to let the user shift between weapon set-ups? For example, move from ranged weapon to sword? It would be very cool to be able to use the mouse wheel to do this.

Originally Posted by Red Avatar

Another thing: the mouse wheel is being unused at the moment which is a bit of a shame. Usually it controls the camera but it doesn't here so you could use it to let the user shift between weapon set-ups? For example, move from ranged weapon to sword? It would be very cool to be able to use the mouse wheel to do this.

As far as I know you can already sort of do this.
In your control mapping screen you can map 'Select Weaponset 1' to mousewheel up and 'Select Weaponset 2' to mousewheel down.

If you put a ranged weapon in your first weaponset and your melee weapon(s) in your second weaponset, then you can quickly switch between them.

I realize it's not exactly cycling through your weaponsets but should be close enough for most purposes.

apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
You'd lose your third slot though :p. But yeah, that could work.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Ive been playing this for around 20+ hrs,very average start to the game at i was not too impressed at first,BUT when you get the tower and dragon powers the game really starts to get going.Some of the features seem a little last minute or not finished,like the dancing girl and the bard,you click them once and never bother again,mybe a feature that lets you sit on your throne atleast would give this a meaning.

Im sure there are things i could say would improve the game but im a bit pushed for time atm,but one feature i think stands out that needs fixing is there is no way to heal your necro pet,not the spell summoned minions,but the pet you make from spare bits,there needs to be a spell or potion or some way to heal it,having to let it die then wait for the countdown timer then cast it again isnt very good imho,i will add to this as things i can think of come to mind,one other thing that comes to mind you can leave markers on the map but they dont show in the minimap so there a waist of time really.Overall a good game slow start may put some off but stay with it and it improves 100%.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M

As far as I know you can already sort of do this.
In your control mapping screen you can map 'Select Weaponset 1' to mousewheel up and 'Select Weaponset 2' to mousewheel down.

If you put a ranged weapon in your first weaponset and your melee weapon(s) in your second weaponset, then you can quickly switch between them.

I realize it's not exactly cycling through your weaponsets but should be close enough for most purposes.

I have noticed a strange bug if you select the mouse wheel in the opions for say a spell in quick slot 1 etc,some spells make the menu keep popping up that askes what you want to put in that slot,every time you wheel down or up to cast the spell that silly menu pops up and you have to choose what spell/item you want for that slot.

C
stranger
stranger
C

Can't promise anything, but we are definately looking into this and already experimenting with some ways to add this hopefully in an uncoming patch.

Thanks for your reply. That is awesome to know. I really hope you will add this in the game.

Another question. I read that (depends how someone plays) the game might take 40-60 hours to complete. But does anyone know how big is the game world? Is there any screen which shows the whole in-game world?

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Cylon
Hi there. Thanks for your impressions!

Do you know if you can change your skills in the game (emm, it is called respec I think?)? I read that there is a lot of skills for different "classes" so it would be nice if you could change your skills for a fee.

I read that you can even change your character looks and even change sex, so I hope the same is with the skills.

Cheers.

Hello from Germany everybody.

Being able to "respec" skillpoints would definately add to the gameplay. So would an inscribable map. smile

Wir bestreiten unseren Lebensunterhalt mit dem, was wir bekommen, und wir leben von dem, was wir geben.
(Winston Churchill)
A
veteran
veteran
A
In :BD: this was possible.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Mini review (I've played enough of the game to be able to make one):

I'm a fan of all types of RPGs and tend to prefer the games that either go full hardcore (Fallout, Baldur's Gate, etc.) or try to make an RPG version of Tomb Raider (Gothic). Divinity 2 is clearly part of the latter and it even hits the mark better than Gothic ever did. Why? Read on.

When you start the game, you may be put off by any number of things. Combat feels a bit basic (you just use the first mouse button to shoot your bow or swing your sword), the animation feels a bit odd, the location is pretty small and limited, etc. But this is just a kind of tutorial. You're only level 1 and weak and like with many RPGs, you only get the better skills later on.

But quickly, the game starts to pick up. The story is interesting from the start, there's tons of quests which bring the village to life (at least half the people you'll find have quests and there's loads of them), there's lots of locations to visit and they ... wowzers. They're gorgeous. The engine may not have the best textures all the time, but the designs of the locations are brilliant. The dragon tower, the ruins, the enormous statues, the temples, etc. It's more jaw dropping than anything I've seen in recent years.

You can pick up loads of stuff:
- weapons
- armour
- gems
- jewelry
- books
- spells
- recipes
- all kinds of good
- items you can turn in for gold (quest items really)
- potions
- plants
- ore
- another type of gems
- body parts
etc.

And all of these have their use. Plants can be used to make potions - recipes can be gotten through quests, loot or just bought. But you can also create enchanted armour, enchanted weapons, necro pets that help you in combat and you can even use gems to enhance your outfit on the move. You can really tailor your gear to your own wishes.

And skills: you can pick between priest, fighter, mage, hunter and dragonkiller ones. I personally combined the increased healing of a Fighter with the poisoned arrows of the hunter with the lock picking of the dragonkiller. You can even have 3 different weapon sets so you can switch from your bow to a sword in a split second. Poison an enemy with an arrow, draw him near, and then finish him off with a sword. Or if you want to be a mage, free him on the spot & use fire balls. Really, if you're smart, you can really find ways to make the game a hell of a lot easier.

The story is a very strong one too - I won't spoil it but later on, you'll get access to an enormous tower with your own staff. There, you can sent your staff on hunts for gems, plants, etc. (in case you run out). You can give them better weapons which lets them get the quicker too. You also get a big chest and you can teleport any item you pick up to your tower which is very nice since it's easy to get overloaded (I used the skills to get maximum carriage capacity).

Also, if you win a quest, you got a base reward and then extra rewards. For example, you get 1500XP and 1000 gold, and you can chose between
a) more gold
b) more experience
c) a weapon
d) a recipe
e) a gem
Some quests will let you choose several extra rewards too. It's a good system that gives you a choice over what you get.

Oh, and did I mention you get to turn into a dragon later on? As a dragon, you have armour too, and flying is really sweet. There's not a lot of depth to the combat there (I mean, you're a dragon - you spit fire) but being able to just change into a dragon and crossing large distance, only to land on top of a mountain is just awesome. It vastly cuts into traveling times.

So, it has a great story, tons of quests (that are very fun and interesting a lot of the time too), fun combat, great locations, etc. etc. So is there anything wrong with the game? Well, yes:

- there's a few small bugs. For example, if I reload, it sets my health to the maximum if I didn't wear all my enhancements. So say I got 300 health and 450 with armour & enchantments, then if I were to reload, I would have 300/450. Also, you can get stuck in a few rare places - depends on where you jump. It only happened to me 2 times so far but still, better to be warned Smile

- some quest rewards are random. This can be a plus and a minus. It means that if you save before getting your reward, you can reload until you get a reward you really like. This is both good & bad depending on your patience

- it takes at least 10 hours of playing before you get your tower. Because you can't drop or store items before you got your tower, it means dragging along TONS of items forcing you to increase your carriage capacity. They should have let you use another chest before.

- if you're starting to attack an enemy, they will detect if you're in a place they can't reach. After a set amount of time, they'll run off to their original point and they will regain their health. This is a typical MMO system to prevent you from exploiting the engine and it's understandable yet also means that some tactics will just not work

- there's no difficulty setting. This may annoy some - the game is the right amount of difficulty for me, but those that want an easy or harder experience may need to hope for mods.

- once you reach a certain stage in the game, all old locations are no longer reachable (due to part of the story). It means that you have to finish all quests before a certain point or you'll never be able to do them anymore.

As you can see, the negatives are not that important. Heck, they're still working on improving the game so you can bet they'll iron out some of the problems & bugs.

9/10

old hand
old hand
Once again nice.
Only skimmed but will read properly later.
Ordering staff to find things sounds right up my street wink

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Mini review (I've played enough of the game to be able to make one):

I'm a fan of all types of RPGs and tend to prefer the games that either go full hardcore (Fallout, Baldur's Gate, etc.) or try to make an RPG version of Tomb Raider (Gothic). Divinity 2 is clearly part of the latter and it even hits the mark better than Gothic ever did. Why? Read on.

When you start the game, you may be put off by any number of things. Combat feels a bit basic (you just use the first mouse button to shoot your bow or swing your sword), the animation feels a bit odd, the location is pretty small and limited, etc. But this is just a kind of tutorial. You're only level 1 and weak and like with many RPGs, you only get the better skills later on.

But quickly, the game starts to pick up. The story is interesting from the start, there's tons of quests which bring the village to life (at least half the people you'll find have quests and there's loads of them), there's lots of locations to visit and they ... wowzers. They're gorgeous. The engine may not have the best textures all the time, but the designs of the locations are brilliant. The dragon tower, the ruins, the enormous statues, the temples, etc. It's more jaw dropping than anything I've seen in recent years.

You can pick up loads of stuff:
- weapons
- armour
- gems
- jewelry
- books
- spells
- recipes
- all kinds of good
- items you can turn in for gold (quest items really)
- potions
- plants
- ore
- another type of gems
- body parts
etc.

And all of these have their use. Plants can be used to make potions - recipes can be gotten through quests, loot or just bought. But you can also create enchanted armour, enchanted weapons, necro pets that help you in combat and you can even use gems to enhance your outfit on the move. You can really tailor your gear to your own wishes.

And skills: you can pick between priest, fighter, mage, hunter and dragonkiller ones. I personally combined the increased healing of a Fighter with the poisoned arrows of the hunter with the lock picking of the dragonkiller. You can even have 3 different weapon sets so you can switch from your bow to a sword in a split second. Poison an enemy with an arrow, draw him near, and then finish him off with a sword. Or if you want to be a mage, free him on the spot & use fire balls. Really, if you're smart, you can really find ways to make the game a hell of a lot easier.

The story is a very strong one too - I won't spoil it but later on, you'll get access to an enormous tower with your own staff. There, you can sent your staff on hunts for gems, plants, etc. (in case you run out). You can give them better weapons which lets them get the quicker too. You also get a big chest and you can teleport any item you pick up to your tower which is very nice since it's easy to get overloaded (I used the skills to get maximum carriage capacity).

Also, if you win a quest, you got a base reward and then extra rewards. For example, you get 1500XP and 1000 gold, and you can chose between
a) more gold
b) more experience
c) a weapon
d) a recipe
e) a gem
Some quests will let you choose several extra rewards too. It's a good system that gives you a choice over what you get.

Oh, and did I mention you get to turn into a dragon later on? As a dragon, you have armour too, and flying is really sweet. There's not a lot of depth to the combat there (I mean, you're a dragon - you spit fire) but being able to just change into a dragon and crossing large distance, only to land on top of a mountain is just awesome. It vastly cuts into traveling times.

So, it has a great story, tons of quests (that are very fun and interesting a lot of the time too), fun combat, great locations, etc. etc. So is there anything wrong with the game? Well, yes:

- there's a few small bugs. For example, if I reload, it sets my health to the maximum if I didn't wear all my enhancements. So say I got 300 health and 450 with armour & enchantments, then if I were to reload, I would have 300/450. Also, you can get stuck in a few rare places - depends on where you jump. It only happened to me 2 times so far but still, better to be warned Smile

- some quest rewards are random. This can be a plus and a minus. It means that if you save before getting your reward, you can reload until you get a reward you really like. This is both good & bad depending on your patience

- it takes at least 10 hours of playing before you get your tower. Because you can't drop or store items before you got your tower, it means dragging along TONS of items forcing you to increase your carriage capacity. They should have let you use another chest before.

- if you're starting to attack an enemy, they will detect if you're in a place they can't reach. After a set amount of time, they'll run off to their original point and they will regain their health. This is a typical MMO system to prevent you from exploiting the engine and it's understandable yet also means that some tactics will just not work

- there's no difficulty setting. This may annoy some - the game is the right amount of difficulty for me, but those that want an easy or harder experience may need to hope for mods.

- once you reach a certain stage in the game, all old locations are no longer reachable (due to part of the story). It means that you have to finish all quests before a certain point or you'll never be able to do them anymore.

As you can see, the negatives are not that important. Heck, they're still working on improving the game so you can bet they'll iron out some of the problems & bugs.

9/10

thanks for this interesting review Red Avatar,but do you mind me asking you a weird question lol??which one is "creepier":Divine divinity or divinity 2:ego draconis??thanks for your time

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
I wouldnt say either is very creepy,but due to the much improved graphics divinity 2 is probably creepier visually imho.

G
stranger
stranger
G
The game looks amazing, truly in the spirit of DD, but it can get better, like maybe a QUICKSAVE button and some MAP MARKERS for SIDEQUESTS (only mainquest markers are added)

Except that, the game is amazing, nice combat, funny dialogues, amazing story and cool stuff that you can only experience in DD games

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by g0ku
The game looks amazing, truly in the spirit of DD, but it can get better, like maybe a QUICKSAVE button and some MAP MARKERS for SIDEQUESTS (only mainquest markers are added)

Except that, the game is amazing, nice combat, funny dialogues, amazing story and cool stuff that you can only experience in DD games

There is a quick save option you just have to go into options control and set it to a key its off by default,you can set map markers aswell but this feature is partially broken because the marker doesnt show on the mimimap to point you in the right direction.

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Originally Posted by madpaddy
I wouldnt say either is very creepy,but due to the much improved graphics divinity 2 is probably creepier visually imho.

lol ok thanks again

K
stranger
stranger
K
sometimes i'm really proud to be belgian, it's all i have to say about DD2.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by madpaddy
Originally Posted by g0ku

There is a quick save option you just have to go into options control and set it to a key its off by default,you can set map markers aswell but this feature is partially broken because the marker doesnt show on the mimimap to point you in the right direction.

nono u dont understand, a quicksave is a save that u dont need to point to a savegame, u just press the button and the save is made automatically, without you having to open a menu and choose a save spot

and for the 2ndary quests, it would be cool if the game AUTOMATICALLY pointed to the spot you have to go

also for the minimap/big map it would be cool if NPCs that give/complete quests would show

a few more things that are missing is : fog-of-war on the map, so you know where u explored and maybe a button to skip movies/cutscenes (i for one had to sit through several repetead cutscenes / movies due to loading previous games)

g0ku the patch added the quicksave function so if you own the game i see no reason why you would not patch

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by Virc
g0ku the patch added the quicksave function so if you own the game i see no reason why you would not patch

To g0ku
As he says and as i told you there is a quick save.

G
stranger
stranger
G
ty, i was playing without the patch, quicksave works perfect now

if only they bring SIDEQUESTs points on MAP and fog-of-war, it would be awesome laugh

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard