Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I want to ask: Is there only one end?

Because I finished the game but by the looks of it I lost everything.. And I suppose this is not the end I should end with.

Spoiler-- The end Im talking about is - Damian is now invincible when I ressurected his lover... And Im frozen in some crystal right next to Divine. Period, credits. -

frown

tommyie #374375 04/08/09 07:44 PM
addict
addict
Yes there is only one end, at least no one discovered other Ends.
Its just not your average happy end game.
You helped to make Damian invincible and reunite him with his love, yes you were manipulated, and now you are in an eternal prison, nothing to add.
Maybe there will be an AddOn or something, but I doubt you can flee from your prison when even the Divine (Dont know how he is called in the English version, but this would be a direct translation) couldnt escape after so many years of imprisonment.

Last edited by Arianaris; 04/08/09 07:44 PM.

He, who does not fear his own sword, is not worthy to hold it.

tommyie #374378 04/08/09 07:46 PM
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by tommyie
I want to ask: Is there only one end?

Because I finished the game but by the looks of it I lost everything.. And I suppose this is not the end I should end with.

Spoiler-- The end Im talking about is - Damian is now invincible when I ressurected his lover... And Im frozen in some crystal right next to Divine. Period, credits. -

frown

Well in my ending me an Damian fall in love take our gay vows and live happily ever after on a lovely warm island in hell horsey

madpaddy #374382 04/08/09 07:52 PM
T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
That ending suck.. There is so much unfinished bussines.. I did not even manage to get to The Rivertown gorge.. Or to return the Lovis Soul stone.. Omg that does not make sense. Even the "bussines" i have with my ex-commander (I mean the tattooed woman on the begining) in Aleroth..

Edit: And what more.. The "tips" in the game have such big ideas like upgrade and upgrade (Alchemy garden , necromancy ring and so on) and omg I didnt even need to upgrade.. The Necromancy ring quest was bugged.. I feel like somebody has stolen half of the game from me..

And isn't it weird the game ended this way? This ending is anything but good. And I mean good from story point of view.. What about fight with Damian..

And one last thing: What was I doing the netire gameplay? If the game from the start was supposed to end like this then where is the point..

Last edited by tommyie; 04/08/09 08:03 PM.
tommyie #374390 04/08/09 08:01 PM
addict
addict
The game "ends" when you get to the Hall of Souls, you need to complete everything you want to do before you go there.
Not many RPGs have the option to play after the ending, thats nothing surprising.

EDIT:
The goal from the game was never to fight Damian, thats nothing surprising, thats just the story. When you dont like the story, its your opinion.
I liked the ending very much, especially because you dont often see the bad guys winning.

Last edited by Arianaris; 04/08/09 08:03 PM.

T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Could you tell me how to get past that barrier blocking Rivertown gorge?

Edit: I liked but where was the point? You know anything, but this just tells you "F*ck off, just be frozen like this" Its not something you would expect. AND, bad end in game is not something there should be. There is villain and you must kill him. But if you cant and the game from the start knows you cant then there is no point in trying. For film great, but for game...not. Not like this

Edit: NO. I should say it this way. "If I failed because of my impotence, okay, but if the game from the start knows I cant win, then there is no point." Thats my point of view.

Last edited by tommyie; 04/08/09 08:11 PM.
tommyie #374394 04/08/09 08:11 PM
addict
addict
Destroy the buildings that got a blue aura.

Ehm no you absolutely dont know from the beginning that the antagonist will win.
I suspected my character was being manipulated, but it was just a suspicion, nothing more.
As I said this ending is something many people dont like because many people like the typical "rescued the princess, now we can marry, be happy for ever after".
I personally really liked the ending, with my character ending up in an eternal prison, from which theres presumly no escape and the villain destroying the world.

EDIT:
Ehm yes, thats your opinion. I personaly think that the point of a game is the game experience itself, yes including the story itself, but not only consisting of the story.

Last edited by Arianaris; 04/08/09 08:12 PM.

T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I was happy I could become Dragon Knight.. And I liked the "Talana" in my head, cause it was refreshing.. But just I've done nothing wrong.. Its like watching a film. The game ENDED this way. Period.... I could not alter anything..

Last edited by tommyie; 04/08/09 08:17 PM.
tommyie #374397 04/08/09 08:19 PM
addict
addict
Yes exactly. You could not change anything. You even helped the evil.
Thats what you would a "linear" game^^

T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Then this is first time the ending of a game really disappointed me.. But I enjoyed the game.. Well, thanks for reply and I hope I'll get 3rd Divinity with proper ending..

tommyie #374402 04/08/09 08:30 PM
addict
addict
Well opinions differ^^

T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
And game qualities too.

tommyie #374405 04/08/09 08:32 PM
addict
addict
Yeah, but game quality got nothing to do with story.
The game is really great, and for me the story is too.

stranger
stranger
There are only a handful of other games that dared to let the bad guy win ... Starcraft: brood wars and warcraft: frozen throne come to mind smile

When I was young, I had a hard time accepting those kind of endings, but now, I find them interesting. And honestly, what would the divinity universe be without Damian? wink

old hand
old hand
May I ask you to use spoiler tags when you're really saying something very, well, spoilery? smile Thanks!

Actually, if you think about it, Divinity games never really ended positively.

In the first Divinity, you cannot really stop the bad guys from summoning the ultimate evil into the child. You cannot get yourself to kill a mere baby even though you know it is ultimately evil.

In Beyond Divinity, you find out that in the end, you have helped Damian escape all this time, and he even casts you (the player) back into Hell.

I know this doesn't change the way you feel or it doesn't change the ending. You are indeed a mere pawn in the history of Rivellon, but in all cases a very important pawn: without the player in Div1, Damian would never have existed. Without the player in Beyond, Damian would never have escaped from Hell. Without the player in Div2, Damian would never have been reunited with his loved one and gotten even stronger. It is an important part of the story that needs to be told.

You _are_ writing and experiencing the story, and you have been a main character in the history of Rivellon. Your name will be known forever. Hailed or cursed. If this were a book, you may have felt differently about the ending.

I am not trying to "defend" the story, this is how I interpret it. I could also go philosophical and talk about the never-ending struggle against evil that cannot simply be fought and ended by one man only, but that would be taking it too far perhaps smile

Tweeting @forktong
ForkTong #374420 04/08/09 08:52 PM
addict
addict
ForkTong, I understand using Spoiler tags in a normal thread, but this thread is about the end, which you can see with the title "finished game?". Theres no reason for guys who dont want to get the story spoiled to look inside.

Koen: Agree, there are too few games which dare to do something like that. I find it kind of sad, because why should everything always go perfectly smooth? Makes no sense^^

EDIT: The only thing that never made sense to me, and still doesnt, why the heck doesnt my character just slide Damian in two in the cutscenes where he is a approached by him? Or at least try it?

Last edited by Arianaris; 04/08/09 08:54 PM.

old hand
old hand
I agree, that's why I edited the title with "warning" and "major spoilers" smile But still, at first I thought this was about something like "who finished it already? was it any good" or "I finished it! Anyone else did?" But anyhoo. Back on topic smile

Tweeting @forktong
ForkTong #374463 04/08/09 09:59 PM
T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I enjoyed the game. I never played the Div1 or sequel, nor even heard about it. I dont mind bad ends, but, and I mean BUT I never experienced bad end in a game as I remember..So I feel like somebody cut the game in two halves, one - me, struggling against Damian. and second - me, as a Winner(Which was not present..). I just felt a little angry.. Can somebody tell me some Rpgs of same quality? I played Gothic, Oblivion .. I hope you dont mind I write them here in Div forum. smile

Edit: "Yeah, but game quality got nothing to do with story." Thats really stupid opinion if we are talking about RPG's. Cause its the storyline and creativity that measures game quality. The game itself is story and you, as a player and as a hero live in that game, in that world. Going through the game, going through the story. smile

Last edited by tommyie; 04/08/09 10:03 PM.
tommyie #374477 04/08/09 10:36 PM
addict
addict
The overall game experience is made up from the quality of the gameplay elements and the story. The quality of the game is made up of the game play elements. At least in my opinion.

Really good RPGs:
The Elder Scrolls (Oblivion, Morrowind, ...)
Gothic 1,2,(3)
Final Fantasy (VII in my opinion the best RPG I've ever played <3333)
Diablo I,II

When you like Party-based RPGs:
Baldurs Gate
Drakensang
Neverwinter Nights 1,2

When you dont mind being Online:
Guild Wars (One of the best stories in my opinion)

Upcoming:
Risen
Gothic 4
Dragon Age
Final Fantasy XIII
Diablo III

Last edited by Arianaris; 04/08/09 10:36 PM.

T
tommyie Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
About Final Fantasy. I REALLY want to know about it. I watched the film and even had the game. I want to ask: Is there any Final fantasy with decent Graphic on PC? Im not gonna play FF VII. Normally I dont care at all about graphic, but FF VII is really old..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard