Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
M
Ok lets start one friendly topic of what we would like to see added or fixed,NO arguments let everyone have there view even if it goes against your own smile.Ill start off with a simple one to get us going.

1:Map markers need to show up on the mini map.

2:the ability to heal your necro pet with spell or potions.

Last edited by madpaddy; 06/08/09 12:00 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
Originally Posted by madpaddy
Ok lets start one friendly topic of what we would like to see added or fixed,NO arguments let everyone have there view even if it goes against your own smile.Ill start off with a simple one to get us going.

1:Map markers need to show up on the mini map.

2:the ability to heal your necro pet with spell or potions.

um, healing the undead is usually a way to kill them, what does rotting flesh care for vitamins or antibiotics? but i am with you on this thread.

arrows should be able to hit things even if they are behind obstacles such as tent stakes.
arrows should not perpetually be pegging your summon instead of the target you have targeted.
should add a button to atleast give some possibility of clicking items that are in retarded places.
should explain how to use charms somewhere in game.
should add mobs to the mini map before you can actually see them, kind of stupid to put the dots there once they are useless (if i already know they are infront of me it is useless for them to be on map).

more to follow as they re-occur to me.

should not have to click 900 times to move stacks of things into storage.

Last edited by FLUXINATOR; 06/08/09 06:18 PM.
R
stranger
stranger
R
- enchantments sorted categorically by armor jewelry and weapon

- button next to quest to bring up map with marker on it

- return to miscelaneous inventory upon closing book

- quick slot fade when mana is too low

- windowed mode

- remove sorting from trade window and keep items sorted same way as they are in the inventory window

Originally Posted by FLUXINATOR
should not have to click 900 times to move stacks of things into storage.
+1

Originally Posted by FLUXINATOR
make cut scenes skip-able
+1

Originally Posted by Jinnigan
ability to name self-placed map markers
+1
*or possibly color coded flags ?? if that could be done easier ?

a sorting button for your inventory might be nice - group items by type (limbs, ores, gems, herbs, potions, enchantments)
+1

view potion/enchant recipes in your logbook
+1
deluxe tweak

Last edited by rickyd12; 08/08/09 07:51 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
i know its too late now, but if the melee/combat system was closer to how it is in two worlds i think the game would be alot more fun.

stranger
stranger
Here are some of my suggestions:

UI Changes:
- a quicksave button would be nice
- make the default buttons for save/load farther apart (so you don't accidentally save (F9) when you meant to load (F10), for example)
- when you open inventory, it should go to the last tab that was open - so if i want to read 5 books in a row, it would be nice if i didn't have to go to inventory -> click misc tab every time, i could just hit inventory.
- make closing book return you to the inventory screen, not out of menu entirely
- a sorting button for your inventory might be nice - group items by type (limbs, ores, gems, herbs, potions, enchantments). The Witcher does this, and it's wonderful.
- toggle-able option to turn on or off a numberical cooldown countdown over your skills? Some WoW UI mods do this, it was really convenient
- ability to name self-placed map markers
- small portraits for health/mana information of your summons, so you can keep track of how soon they're going to die

Gameplay Changes:
- Should platform operators have direct access to your stash? It is annoying to have to move 30+ items from stash to inventory just so you can visit your alchemist + enchanter.
- Would it be possible to view potion/enchant recipes in your logbook, after you've collected them? this way, it would be easy to reference what ingredients you need right when you're in the field, instead of having to travel back to your tower to figure out if you needed the venom or the ginger...

that's all i can think of for now, hope you find some of these helpful! <3

old hand
old hand
Here are some of my suggestions:

UI Changes:
- a quicksave button would be nice

it's allready in the game.came up with the 1. patch.

F
apprentice
apprentice
F
make cut scenes skip-able.
make chickens, ducks, rabbits ....shit EVERYTHING easier to target! i should not be switching to bow to constantly kill them just because its easier to hit them with that than a sword (since i STILL have to be standing right next to them anyways).
add more blood!!! yes, i AM an american...but it is also more realistic and would look so much cooler than just bludgeoning everything. i dont see how the game gets a 12+ rating anyways, with loose whores and pig fuckers running around... may as well go the whole 9 and add loss of limbs, decap's, and why NOT have finishing moves (fatality is a joke which brings me to the next point)?
make it so if i am in combat spamming a button (for example as cooldown nears) it does not PAUSE the game and bring up the skill item window. if people are too stupid to drag and drop oh well, games that inconveniently pause in combat and occasionally add things like chicken legs to my hot-keys make me seriously question if people expect anyone to play their games.

edit: give the middle mouse button some love! it doesnt zoom, change enemy, cycle wep sets or anything it just sits there. having it zoom would be VERY nice, and middle click would be good for those impossible to reach loot bags.

also did someone just forget to add staffs?

Last edited by FLUXINATOR; 08/08/09 09:53 PM.
F
apprentice
apprentice
F
since there are books you may as well make there be craploads of them (no offense but the game does lack the in depth plot of the first), i dont see why i even bother since theres only what ..12 of them that arent unique (quest related)?

how many times would i really be picking up the ABC of dragons given the time frame?

...yes let me live in a 10 story tower fortified with ballistas and guarded by the undead so i can safely hide my copy of an anonymous limerick in a chest...

also, under water content would have been nice.

Last edited by FLUXINATOR; 09/08/09 06:21 PM.
S
apprentice
apprentice
S
More item types and models....ffs there are 3-4 models for anything, not including re-textured models...

we only have swords, axes, hammers and 2h sword...

Originally Posted by susu
More item types and models....ffs there are 3-4 models for anything, not including re-textured models...

we only have swords, axes, hammers and 2h sword...

that would be also cool if there would be more weapon/armor models...
i also noticed in the end of game when u kill ppl in "memory" 2 of them drop UNIQ items..
whats the point at all? that u can get only in the end of game uniq items.. -.-

journeyman
journeyman
- Targeting system is terrible atm - the automatic targeting mode should be replaced by a manual targeting mode of either a "tab-targeting cycling mode" or a combination of automatic mode with manual override as soon as you press a pre-defined manual targeting key.

- Moding like tool like oblivion so that the fans can create new content.

- Fixing of animation problems and the poor medium LOD texture poping out of nowhere

- Better AI from NPCs or a penalty system for stealing friendly NPCs.

stranger
stranger
I agree with a better targeting system. I think an easy patch for the English version (or both), would be to tweak the targeting system into a "flick" targeting system. This mean that the creature closest to you, once you centered the camera on them, would be targeted and then the player would have to move the mouse fast enough or "flick" the camera left or right to change targets. This would mostly eliminate the constantly changing target reticle that happens in group fights.

If possible change the ceiling limit so you could flay above the mountains, and instead make the current ceiling limit the point at which you could still land or morph back. As far as I know, that would require very little tweaking, while creating a seemingly bigger world.

Make the target reticle change colors if chest or barrel is empty or full, this way you don't have to keep your eyes in the lower right are of the screen all the time. You could also make a different color target for doors.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Roland Baye
(or both)

Of course both, but with the English version coming in September it might be possible that it will be already included, I think ... Depends of course on how much time they have.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
M
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
M
Some good ideas keep up the good work,you never know the devs read the forum dailey so they may include or fix some of this stuff smile.

M
stranger
stranger
M
grafics grafics grafics, choppy framerate is starting to hurt my eyes i have an up to date video card that isent the case.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by MargusP
grafics grafics grafics, choppy framerate is starting to hurt my eyes i have an up to date video card that isent the case.

That will be fixed in an upcoming patch if i recall:

"We realize that it was a mistake not to expose sliders which allow you to control the update speeds of these animations, and hope to make that feature available in a forthcoming patch together with a number of other options which will further increase the graphical quality."

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=366629#Post366629

Last edited by Adomingues; 12/08/09 08:51 AM.
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
First of all, thank you for the great game. The import version did quite a bit of dmg to my wallet, but it was worth it! (And it will take even more dmg when the US version is out, esp. if there is a CE version, pretty please? smile )

Anyway, onto recommendations (I'll try to not overlap with what others have commented already):

1) Books, I find the books in Divinity 2 well written and adds to the game greatly. However, the handling of them is quite cumbersome.
- Make the books weigh nothing, or maybe let the player "scribe" the books into his journal. Having the ability to archive the books would also greatly help those of us that must collect all the books, since it will provide a "at-glance" view of what books are missing from a series.

2) Recorded conversations. While it is great, its value diminishes greatly when the player has recorded massive amount of conversations.
- It would be nice to have the ability (via a filter setting or different colored text) to distinguish "Mind read" records from normal conversation records.
- A search function would be great, but not needed.

3) Animations. TBH, I find that the animations in Divinity 2 to be both awesome and disappointing at the same time. Actually, it is because it is so awesome, that the issues with it stands out much more.
- Not sure if this is by design, but it would be nice to NOT require the player to have to press the movement key again when she decides to ready her weapon (or put it away). It seems from my observation that during the sheathing/unsheathing animation, no action will be registered. While I appreciate this added layer of realism, movement related actions should NOT be restricted.

- Falling animations. I know it is most likely too late to be talking about this. But I thought I mention it since it is the biggest offender in the "animations that makes the game look bad" category. I think it is great that the players can jump higher (why don't any other games do this!? I am seriously addicted to the jumping system of the game smile ) and that he doesn't take fall dmg (I mean you are a Dragon _____, you shouldn't take dmg from mere falling! smile ).
However, there is no "impact" of the player hitting the ground. Having a different sound clip and/or animation for player falling from different levels of elevations would be great.
Further more, a "sliding" animation would do wonders in addressing the issue of "floating" character on a hill side.

3) Finally, is there a way to use the keyboard to navigate the conversation choices? If not, please add one, since the mouse gets really laggy during conversations, and it is annoying to have to move them around so much during conversations (the cursor doesn't like to stay near the body of conversation it seems... Having the last location of the cursor recorded would greatly help with the transitions in a conversation that seems to reset the position of the cursors)

4) Sorry, I just HAD to throw my vote in the ballot box for "please make the targetting system better." A way to manually "Tab target" would be great.

5) So much for keeping the list short.... But I think this could be a easy one to fix and would add to the usability of the game greatly: make the buttons that are binded to the quick action bar show up in game.

Sorry for the wall of text frown But I want this game to be ranked up there with the "RPG greats." It really has been a while since I became so passionate about a game...

Thanks for reading, and thanks for the great game.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard