First of all, thank you for the great game. The import version did quite a bit of dmg to my wallet, but it was worth it! (And it will take even more dmg when the US version is out, esp. if there is a CE version, pretty please?
Anyway, onto recommendations (I'll try to not overlap with what others have commented already):
1) Books, I find the books in Divinity 2 well written and adds to the game greatly. However, the handling of them is quite cumbersome.
- Make the books weigh nothing, or maybe let the player "scribe" the books into his journal. Having the ability to archive the books
would also greatly help those of us that must collect all the books, since it will provide a "at-glance" view of what books are missing from a series.
2) Recorded conversations. While it is great, its value diminishes greatly when the player has recorded massive amount of conversations.
- It would be nice to have the ability (via a filter setting or different colored text) to distinguish "Mind read" records from normal conversation records
- A search function would be great, but not needed.
3) Animations. TBH, I find that the animations in Divinity 2 to be both awesome and disappointing at the same time. Actually, it is because it is so awesome, that the issues with it stands out much more.
- Not sure if this is by design, but it would be nice to NOT require the player to have to press the movement key again when she decides to ready her weapon (or put it away).
It seems from my observation that during the sheathing/unsheathing animation, no action will be registered. While I appreciate this added layer of realism, movement related actions should NOT be restricted.
- Falling animations. I know it is most likely too late to be talking about this. But I thought I mention it since it is the biggest offender in the "animations that makes the game look bad" category. I think it is great that the players can jump higher (why don't any other games do this!? I am seriously addicted to the jumping system of the game
) and that he doesn't take fall dmg (I mean you are a Dragon _____, you shouldn't take dmg from mere falling!
However, there is no "impact
" of the player hitting the ground. Having a different sound clip and/or animation for player falling from different levels of elevations would be great.
Further more, a "sliding" animation
would do wonders in addressing the issue of "floating" character on a hill side.
, is there a way to use the keyboard to navigate the conversation choices?
If not, please add one, since the mouse gets really laggy during conversations, and it is annoying to have to move them around so much during conversations (the cursor doesn't like to stay near the body of conversation it seems... Having the last location of the cursor recorded
would greatly help with the transitions in a conversation that seems to reset the position of the cursors)
4) Sorry, I just HAD to throw my vote in the ballot box for "please make the targetting system better." A way to manually "Tab target" would be great
5) So much for keeping the list short.... But I think this could be a easy one to fix and would add to the usability of the game greatly: make the buttons that are binded to the quick action bar show up in game
Sorry for the wall of text
But I want this game to be ranked up there with the "RPG greats." It really has been a while since I became so passionate about a game...
Thanks for reading, and thanks for the great game.