Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Borden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Good evening,
First of all I have to say that as an experienced gamer I have decided to post a message on official forum once - now.
Why? Because I've never seen such a wonderful and marvellous game since Oblivion has been released. But when I finished Oblivion about 3 times I actually started searching for a game that would be able to match it. For few years my quests didn't bear a fruit for me.
And recently while I was dying from boredom I decided to download a pretty-looking RPG called "Divinity II: Ego Draconis" just to kill time. I emphasize - I downloaded it. Well, downloading games without paying any money has been a habit of almost all russian gamers for long time. But don't judge me at this point, read further.
Should I say that finally my search was over after I had played this game for a while? This game really absorbed me for few days and then weeks. I don't have enough words now to write down all my positive thoughts about it - that's how I liked it. I adored it.
I wanted to say thanks to all developers of the game and whole Larien stuff. You really impressed me. I never expected such a masterpiece from a company I had never heard about before. You really have my gratitude. And I also have to say that I will buy this game just to support you (I have already finished it 2 times).
But, as in every single thing on Earth, the game also has its drawbacks. I really hope you will release some amazing patches to
make the world of rivellion wider, more beautiful and challenging. And there is one more thing. I appreciate that you, guys, have made a sad ending. It was a surprise for me. But it also disappointed me as a player. I was expecting to continue my journey after the end of the game.
Though my words probably mean to you the same as a fish means to the ocean, I would advise you to work on it.
Best Regards,
Borden.

P.S. I will be pleased if someone from Larian stuff honoures me with an answer. Thank you.
P.P.S. Have no idea really why you decided to support only German language at first. I had to use hack to switch the game to English. Thanks for adding it into the game, though.

Last edited by Borden; 20/08/09 11:21 AM.
old hand
old hand
Hello, welcome to the wonderful world of Larian.

You should seriously try the first game. Divine Divinity (they wanted to call it Divinity: Sword of Lies originally but were forced by CDV to change the name).

That game shows you exactly what Damian has destroyed.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
Support
Support

The next patch will improve the graphics and add more graphics options, among other things.

Posts about the game content (plot, quests, etc) should either be enclosed in spoiler tags or go in the Help/Tips/Tricks forum. The majority of people following the main D2:ED forum have not played the game yet, and do not want to see any spoilers, especially about the end of the game (even if it is just in general terms).
In any case, presumably there will be a Divinity 3 to finish off (or continue) the story started in Divine Divinity, the Beyond Divinity novella and game and D2:ED (the BD novella and some other background info is included in the D2:ED fansite kit).

The German publisher signed on relatively early (a couple years ago), while the English / international publishers have not been announced yet (we expect / hope for an announcement during CamesCon, where DTP will be showing the game, so in the next 2-4 days we may know more).
The German version of BD was also released a month or so before the English version, IIRC, so the English release included updates from the first German patch.

Borden Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
LightningLockey, as I understood Divine Divinity has camera that is similar to Diablo 2. I was playing D2 for very long time and I'm kinda bored with 2D/3D-like-graphics. So in my dreams I hope to see some patch that will give this game a
chance to continue the game after the end and bigger world to explore.

Raze, thank you for notice, I will fix that issue.

Last edited by Borden; 19/08/09 05:51 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Borden
Though my words probably mean to you the same as a fish means to the ocean

No they don't. It is rare that people go through the pain to speak positively about a game on an official forum. Most of the time, only people with problems or remarks come here. So every chance we get to receive a small ray of sunshine in an otherwise bleak and dark forum, we take it smile Therefore: thank you for your kind words.

To forum members: yes, there have been similar posts of praise, and yes, the forum is fun and not always dark and bleak, but lately I tend to only read the "bugs and tech problems" forums. About that: it's great to see the community helping out eachother. Thanks.

(Oh, and that doesn't mean we condone downloading games and downloading NOCD patches.)

Tweeting @forktong
A
veteran
veteran
A
Of course when a new game is out, *any* developers' Forum gets crowded with people having problems with it ... The "sheep", as I call them, are the mass of silent & satisfied gamers, imho.

It's a bit like ... The people reporting frustration and problems - in general - are about 20 % (just a very rough estimation, nothing more), with about 95 % of "sound-importance" (regarding their "loudness") on forums.

The other side would be about 80 % satisfied gamers, of which only let's say 5 % actually write on the forums.

So don't be confused.

A very few critics, by the way, can be be a real treat for enhancing games: They are very deep with their criticisms - and that in a positive way ! My personal example of this is the *real* Buad, a German forummember here. His criticism is actually very deep, but also very thoughtful, imho. I'm always impressed by his thoughts, and I believe that the Larians should rather listen to him more (which doesn't necessarily mean the devs should follow everything he writes), because he imho points out very thought-provoking things.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
old hand
old hand
According to my colleague, there's been research about that. If people like a product, they tell 7 or 8 of their friends. If they don't like it, they tell 35 people smile

Tweeting @forktong
A
veteran
veteran
A
Interesting. wink I'm not surprised about that. wink

--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Thanks for your praise, Borden! kitty I'll keep you to your promise to buy the game! smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
Support
Support

DD is a 2D game with an isometric camera view, like D2, and also has similar movement and combat controls. However, the story, quests, dialogs, humour, etc give it a much different atmosphere, IMNSHO.
FWIW, I started playing D2, got bored, started again with the expansion, got bored again and never finished it; DD I've finished and played a fair bit on top of that (though graphics are not terribly important for me).

old hand
old hand
I haven't enjoyed a game as much as Divinity in a very long time (last one was Morrowind) - I was especially impressed with the music in the game: I can honestly say it's the best I've heard in any game. I ordered the game in German (which is abroad for me), but if there is ever a English collector's edition coming out (with seperate soundtrack :)) I'll definitely buy it just to support Larian - the saga must continue! smile

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by virumor
the saga must continue! smile

Amen! wink

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
journeyman
journeyman
I sure hope larian considers to deliver a tool for fans to deliver aditional content / mods like a previous "cult game" that is still alive today thanks to that (most ppl will know what i'm talking about here i think).

In fact, i already saw a major mod to D2 on the texture department, wich realy surprised me as the game is so recent.

If larian manages to capture this community feeling on modding and makes it easy to mod on its 3d engine, with delivery of new content by fans (wich is free for larian), i'm sure this will create a very good groundbase for a future release of divinity3, as a lot of players are still playing mods for D2.

But anyways, i'm already going ahead of time! first the english version. Me wants... any of larian would be so kind as to say when it'll be available ? smile

apprentice
apprentice
Though my words probably mean to you the same as a fish means to the ocean

Believe me, I drink your words with pure delight laugh
I mean, I know the game isn't perfect and has many faults, but again, we spent so many time and efforts for so many years, you have no idea how I feel when I read happy players posts wink

(Now, let's go back reading grumpy posts again...)

Hot the Dimsums please...
old hand
old hand
Hey Boron,

I understand how you can be tired of the 2D games. And from what I've read on the forums, fans of Ultima raved about Divinity: Sword of Lies (a.k.a. Divine Divinity).

If I were you, I'd get Divine Divinity and save it for when your bored and starving for a good rpg to play and pop the CD in. There is a demo of Divine Divinity you can play as well.

Also, make sure you hold down the CTRL key to target nearest monster and ALT key to show where items are. The game is old and has its limitations, but the npc interaction was something I didn't think was possible. You'll be wondering which game is better, the Divinity 1 or Ego Draconis. Right now there is a constant debate on which is the better game.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Hey Boron,

I understand how you can be tired of the 2D games. And from what I've read on the forums, fans of Ultima raved about Divinity: Sword of Lies (a.k.a. Divine Divinity).

If I were you, I'd get Divine Divinity and save it for when your bored and starving for a good rpg to play and pop the CD in. There is a demo of Divine Divinity you can play as well.

Also, make sure you hold down the CTRL key to target nearest monster and ALT key to show where items are. The game is old and has its limitations, but the npc interaction was something I didn't think was possible. You'll be wondering which game is better, the Divinity 1 or Ego Draconis. Right now there is a constant debate on which is the better game.

I always check out local game stores, and sadly, I haven't seen Divine Divinity in any for years. Personally, I bought it at the supermarket (Colruyt). It's sad, cause I had it, and I've been pining to play it again, but I lost the game cd in Canada. Still have both the other cd's, and the box and the manual... just not the friggin' game cd. It irks me to no end. When I was at Larian, I saw it sitting there behind the front desk thingy, and I was like... mmmmmm... /need that game cd.

Before you go checking that case, I didn't steal anything... but not grabbing it and running was quite hard :p

and about which is better - us nerds tend to romanticize the past, for nostalgia's sake... but really, they're both great games. And they can't be compared. They're obviously related, but they are different era games, with different mechanics, different graphical standards, etc. The 3d element alone pretty much renders any comparison null and void.

old hand
old hand
I know what you mean man, I have the same with Arcanum. I have the box, the (best ever) manual, but the CD's have vanished. Maybe I should move again, that's when all this stuff pops up out of the blue smile

Tweeting @forktong
A
veteran
veteran
A
This is exactly the problem I'm ranting about for one or two years now: Publishers just don't produce replacement disks anymore ... Yet still they instist on copy protections, hinting at the secondary market ... To me, this is just nonsense, after so many years ...

They just treat games like bulk wares through this, not like games, as it should be.

Games which cannot be played aren't games anymore ... They're wares ...

--Dilbert cartoon

L
apprentice
apprentice
L
Originally Posted by ForkTong
I know what you mean man, I have the same with Arcanum. I have the box, the (best ever) manual, but the CD's have vanished. Maybe I should move again, that's when all this stuff pops up out of the blue smile

Speaking of awesome manuals. Any word on English version of CE of Divinity 2? At least give us a hefty English Manual please. I like to read smile

While we are on the subject of future game improvements, few more things came to mind:

1. Please eventually give us a way (maybe letting us mod the wonderful game) to not show the helmet graphics. As much I love the art design of the armors, the helmets can make your char look like a fool, or like a evil bastard, not the cool hero. (Just look at the Divinity II banner on the top of this page, imagine putting one of those executioner-mask-look-like helmet on that dragon slayer's head. silly)

2. I don't know if this actually happens in game,

but please in the future give us an addon that let us restore the destroyed lands and continue beyond the end game.

Reason that I am asking for this is that, right now, I am so upset, over the fact that the "old world" was trashed by Damian, that I am not enjoying the dragon form fighting as much as I should (manual targetting mechanism would help kitty ), and I am actually "reluctant" to continue playing. Because all I could think about is to smash Damian's face, but at the same time I fear that once I do that, the game will end, and I will never have a chance to fly over lively mountains and forests; and I'll never have a chance to enjoy looking over the beautiful world from the dragon tower :hihi: )

Last edited by lethial; 19/08/09 06:52 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ForkTong
According to my colleague, there's been research about that. If people like a product, they tell 7 or 8 of their friends. If they don't like it, they tell 35 people smile

I can completely believe that, I have to say!

Annoyance seems to be a far greater motivator than contentment when it comes to games. Doesn't really seem fair, somehow...

Please click the banner...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard