Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Will you release cheat-codes for the game?

So I can play around and test other skills and stuff on the 3rd or whatever time when playing it?

(Before anyone feels to need to comment with "cheats are bad": It's my game, I bought it, I can play however I want to have fun and it's a single player game anyway. Also, I finished it already twice the honest way (quite simple)... but cheats are cool to extend your gameplay, try and level stuff you usually would (COULD!) not level etc).

old hand
old hand
Doubt it, they didn't for the other games. Though cheats can be fun, especially if you get to play with spells that are disabled because they didn't work right or too powerful.

So far the best "cheat" would be to take your game disk out of the drive and let copy protection jack your skill points super high. Though I don't know what else will be messed up in doing this. Also don't know at what point SecuRom would do this, best to start a new game and hope it happens. Seems the teleport shrines get hit more than this.

Can have a lot of fun with that.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 24/08/09 12:09 AM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
stranger
stranger
CHEATHAPPENS.com has a trainer which would serve the same purpose. You can also try removed link to piracy website

Last edited by Macbeth; 24/08/09 10:20 AM.
old hand
old hand
Dheeraj, it takes either a lot of balls or complete arrogance to even think of advertising a website dedicated to hacking games and piracy on the game makers' own forums.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
N
apprentice
apprentice
N
Originally Posted by dheeraj3480
CHEATHAPPENS.com has a trainer which would serve the same purpose. You can also try removed link to piracy website

You are SICK and WRONG man.

Last edited by Macbeth; 24/08/09 10:20 AM.
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
I do not want third-party-trainers unless it's a very cool character- or savegame-editor that can do quite a lot. Some stupid codes that give you three points to distribute (not 100, but any number you wish, from 1 to 10.000 or so) would be awesome.

We should start a petition of Larian does not release them on their own (they must exist, no way to test a game without "cheats"). smile

Yeah we in our inhouse builds have all sorts of cheatcodes smile Hell I programmed most of em in myself just to make testing things easier.

Even some cool ones that let you polymorph in any creature you want :hihi:

Unfortunately all of em were disabled for the shipped version smirk

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
WHYYYY?

No, this is a real question. Disabling the cheat codes is only a loss for you.

a) If they are there, people can have fun with them, can fight occasinal bugs (spawn items, teleport themselves), people who are too stu... not good enough to win a specific fight can cheat their way through it and then have *fun* with the game again, if you oversaved your savegame in a hopeless situations, a cheat is a quick way to fix it...

b) If they are not there, well... they are not there.

No matter how I look at it, it's not a good thing they are out. Maybe you could re-enable them (if possible) with the next patch? *blink*
I'd even send you a cake if I had enough trust in the Deutsche Post to deliver it without smashing. wink

A
veteran
veteran
A
Unfortunately some companies just have a policy of delivering only non-cheatavble games.

There are opposites to that as well, like Commander Keen 4, for example, in which I wouldn't have found the Secret Passages without the cheat that was "enlighting" them for me in the first place. Otherwise I hadn't even known they just existed.

On the harder levels, I wouldn't have won the game without it at all.

So, there are different kinds of games, based on the developers' policy.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Policies can get changed. This one, I think, is a stupid one that does not really have a point. So SHOULD it be one (we don't know that), it really should change. My reasons can be found above.

When playing a game for the 3rd or 5th time (over a few months or years), cheats can be fun. In addition to the stuff above. I keep saying it: Please release a version where you can cheat (if you want to).
Or someone should write a savegame editor. smile

old hand
old hand
It be nice to play the game with cheats after you beat it. I've played games where you must complete it in order to play with the extras.

Originally Posted by LightningLockey
It be nice to play the game with cheats after you beat it.

that is the right way.. otherwise playing with cheats would be a lot difference game expirience.
1st play game to the end without cheats and then just for fun with cheats =)
thats like i mostly do if i like the game

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Well, people *bought* the game. If they want to play the 1st time with cheats... it's their choice.

But to make that choice, Larian has to release them first. I think, even if there's the danger I repeat myself ;), they should do it. *blink*

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
Were there any cheats that let you use a different kind of camera? Maybe a free camera that is not locked on the character?

Welche Sprache spricht der Baum in Aleroth?
Warning, Spoiler:
Altel-Fisch!
S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Another good reason for cheatcodes! wink

old hand
old hand
Silver, no one should ever play a game like this the first time with cheats. They would be better off flushing their money down the toilet (or sending to me so I can flush it for them, PM me for mailing information).

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
You have not read my previous posts in this thread, no? wink

old hand
old hand
Sounds more like you didn't read what I said...

S
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
S
Originally Posted by LightningLockey
Sounds more like you didn't read what I said...

What I wrote:
A) I want cheats for later gameplays.
B) I said cheats can help if you are stuck due to some bug or so.
C) I also said you can use cheats to play the game in way you think is fun.

Now the analysis:
* Nothing you said is of relevancy to A).

* If you use cheats due to B), it's nothing you "chose" or your "wanted" to do. You can go on, the alternative is that you are stuck. So, nothing you said is of relevancy to B).

* Look, it might be hard to imagine that, but it's up to any individual to decide how they want to play the game. If they want to use cheats on the first run, it's their choice. They can make it.
If you do not like it, fine. Don't do it. If someone wants it that way (because they think the game is too hard or because the developer did a bad job with the balance or...) it's their legit right to cheat on the first go. They paid for the game, now they can have fun with it in the way they want.
If I want to have fun with the game I bought by throwing the DVD around, I can do it. If I want to hang it in front of the window and enjoy myself how it glitters, I can do it. And, as a matter of fact, if I want to literally flush my money down the toilet: I *can* do that as well.
Please stop telling people how they *have to* enjoy their games.

Now: Nothing of the above was not written already further upwards. As nothing you just wrote is of relevancy to or even relates to the issues I already addressed, I have to assume you either did not even read what I wrote earlier or did not quite understand it. As your last post answered in a provoking way, I fear I have to assume the latter.

P
journeyman
journeyman
P
PLEEEEEEASE put the cheats back into the game! I wanna make cool screenshots. frown

Welche Sprache spricht der Baum in Aleroth?
Warning, Spoiler:
Altel-Fisch!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard