old hand
old hand
It doesn't have to be today.
It was there rough estimate.

v1ctor Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
wahrscheinlich means most likely so i assumed that it's gotta be today since it's the last day of august.

v1ctor #381745 31/08/09 11:45 AM
journeyman
journeyman
in worst case the QA Test failed and they need more time to fix unexpecting topics.

well, one ore two weeks more would be allright. I (and everyone!) need a worked out patch, not any kind of worthless snapshot wink

oh well oh well oh well oh well.
v1ctor #381748 31/08/09 11:58 AM
Gor Offline
Der Beitrag von Betty ist mir bekannt. Aber "vermutlich" bedeutet nahezu gar nichts. Ich bin Software-Entwickler und kenne die Begriffe sehr genau. wink

Last edited by Gor; 31/08/09 11:59 AM.
Gor #381756 31/08/09 12:26 PM
E
journeyman
journeyman
E
och echt ?" kake

Gor #381792 31/08/09 03:16 PM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Gor
Der Beitrag von Betty ist mir bekannt. Aber "vermutlich" bedeutet nahezu gar nichts. Ich bin Software-Entwickler und kenne die Begriffe sehr genau. wink

True story... most people dont understand that its nearly impossible to fix a date about releasing a "bug-free" piece of software. THere is just too much stuff that can go wrong in-between.

And, if things go the way i imagine, this is probably THE patch that will have the english-version release, so things better go right on this one, thus the delay so that everything goes as smooth as possible.

Ofc, thats just me throwing theories into the air to shake the thread. lol.

old hand
old hand
The patch is ready, has been going through testing for some time now and we're waiting for QA to release it. Should be any day now.

The list of improvements is quite impressive I think, and we'll be releasing an entire list when the patch is out. In a nutshell: lots of UI improvements, different difficulty levels, extra graphics settings to increase the quality (significantly) a bunch of graphic improvements (e.g. swimming, animation speeds,...), a high-res texture pack, a number of optimisations, and of course a number of bugfixes.

Lar_q #381994 01/09/09 08:37 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Lar_q
The patch is ready, has been going through testing for some time now and we're waiting for QA to release it. Should be any day now.

The list of improvements is quite impressive I think, and we'll be releasing an entire list when the patch is out. In a nutshell: lots of UI improvements, different difficulty levels, extra graphics settings to increase the quality (significantly) a bunch of graphic improvements (e.g. swimming, animation speeds,...), a high-res texture pack, a number of optimisations, and of course a number of bugfixes.

Awesome stuff, thanks for the heads-up. It seems you guys were reading the forums a lot :P

Lar_q #382012 01/09/09 09:21 AM
v1ctor Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
sounds great. way to go smile

v1ctor #382054 01/09/09 11:49 AM
A
veteran
veteran
A
I'm wondering on the system requirements for that high-resolution texture pack ?

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
L
apprentice
apprentice
L
This is great news (almost as great as my CE version of Div 2 arriving in one piece...) . Thanks for the update!

lethial #382160 01/09/09 03:38 PM
F
stranger
stranger
F
wow thank you alot thats sounds quite impressive : )

hope to see the patch in a few days

Hey Lar, is it safe to assume that since there hasn't been international version released yet, that this patch(and potential subsequent patches?) will make it into the international release version?

BTW, just your short synopsis of features sounds great. Good job to the team!!

Is reality just a fantasy?
Lar_q #382291 01/09/09 11:20 PM
addict
addict

Wow, that sounds like a fair deal of stuff.

I'm guessing this patch will ship likely with the USA Release of Divinity 2 (or whatever the newest patch is), whenever that might be?

MysterD #383060 05/09/09 01:06 AM
veteran
veteran

But what's about savegames compatibility between 1.01 and 1.02 patches? Do I need to start a new game after installation of the patch?

P.S. Yeh, I know, english-hacked version is not supported but will be there an English strings in upcoming patch by chance? :P

Kein #383121 05/09/09 11:28 AM
v1ctor Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
@devs: how's it progressing? any news?

Kein #383231 05/09/09 09:51 PM
Rei Offline
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kein

But what's about savegames compatibility between 1.01 and 1.02 patches? Do I need to start a new game after installation of the patch?

You can play "1.01 savegames" with 1.02, but then you haven't all fixes.

Rei #383248 06/09/09 04:00 AM
veteran
veteran
What fixes will not be applied, for example?

Kein #383254 06/09/09 09:08 AM
Rei Offline
veteran
veteran
I don't know. The patch notes will release with the patch.

Rei #383281 06/09/09 11:15 AM
veteran
veteran
Ok, let me summarize things: you know that "You can play "1.01 savegames" with 1.02, but then you haven't all fixes.", but you don't know "What fixes will not be applied, for example?".
I am right? Correct me otherwise >_>

And what's about:

P.S. Yeh, I know, english-hacked version is not supported but will be there an English strings in upcoming patch by chance? :P

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard