Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Originally Posted by Armin
The only 2 Games that absolutely demand to be installed on my C: drive are Drakensang (doesn't even start on D:) and Divinity 2 (lags like crazy).

No, both do.

At least with my system. (Winxp)

I have both on D: .

I still think that the culprit here is the combination of partitioned drive, Windows Vista and Dtp's version of Securom...

With magic, you can turn a frog into a prince...
With science, you can turn a frog into a Ph.D.,
... and still keep the frog you started with.
A
veteran
veteran
A
Could be. I have read here or in the Drakensang forum that Drakensang had problems with D: in combination with Vista.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
D
stranger
stranger
D
I have decreased the video lagging immense by starting the task-manager after loading the Game and setting the process priority of the divinity2 task to high.
After returning to the game the video lagging is nearly disappeared.

My install-path is not the System-HDD
I am using Win7 X64 RC7100
My CPU is a AMD x4200 running stable at 2.76 Ghz my GPU is a 8800GT.

L
stranger
stranger
L
I have a bit of trouble with the game running slowly at times.
I just bought a new PC and rented this game to test out my new hardware.
My new PC:
AMD Athlon X2 215 dual core with 2.7 GHz each
3GB RAM (actually 4, but Windows XP only recognizes 3)
nVidia 9400 GT Graphics Card.

The HD I installed the game on has over 800GB of free space. It's my secondary HD, so no other programs use it.

This should be even a bit above the recommended requirements and yet I experience slow downs at times.
The videos stream perfectly without any problems and even normal gameplay doesn't have any slowdowns.
But whenever I get into a dialog choice it slows down a bit.
Especially at the start when you customize your character I had massive slowdowns.

I even reduced the graphics settings a bit, but I didn't notice any sort of difference.

What could be the problem and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

apprentice
apprentice
I am very dissapointed with the optimization of the game. I reach the recommended requirements, and the performance is poor. Sometimes it doesnt reach the 20 pfs.
I hope for a new patch. I like the game....but the graphic engine is horrible!!

Originally Posted by Lar_q
The game does not support SLI or Crossfire setups, so it is adviced to turn these off when playing Divinity II - Ego Draconis. The game will run faster if it disabled.
I can confirm this as false - for me, enabling SLI (using AFR2 with 2 Nvidia 8800GTXs, Forceware 195.62 on a WinXP SP3 setup) improved framerates from 25-30 to 45-50 (2560x1600 resolution, High settings).

The only graphics problem I have seen is lack of anti-aliasing (widely reported and, frankly, rather annoying) and flickering if either of the "Timeslice" options are enabled (which occurs regardless of SLI settings).

I am using the No-DVD patch in case that is of significance (standard procedure for any games requiring media checks, to avoid long-term wear on discs).

Video memory usage is unusually high though (700MB at game start) so anyone encountering sudden slowdowns (framerates typically drop to single figures if usage exceeds the videocard VRAM) may wish to check their VRAM usage using a utility like Rivatuner. Lowering texture quality or resolution should reduce VRAM usage. SLI/Crossfire can't help on this issue.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Hello, I've got a question for performance problems..

I've got a Dell laptop, with the following configuration:

Intel Core Duo CPU 2.53 GHz
4 GB RAM
Windows 7 64-bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4750 512 MB

Well, Divinity 2 still twitches and lags even when I set everything on low. I have installed the latest graphics drivers, and I have over 2/3rds of my 500 GB drive empty... Obviusly games don't work very well on laptops, but still, with this kind of configuration, it lags on low graphic? Is that normal or not?

old hand
old hand
I dont play DS but D2FOV is on E:/ .No lags it works great.But no raid ,no sli or crossfire and the newest driver.And german ... laugh

Wenn man die Meinung der Mehrheit teilt ist es Zeit sich zu besinnen
J
stranger
stranger
J
Hello, and welcome to the first message in 7 Years (Yaaay)

One quick tipp for all those still searching for performance increases due to percieved problems:

Do not be blinded by high fps during loading screens or low fps in menus. In the options menu I only get 20-30 fps, in the laoding screen it somethimes jumps over 400 and in normal gameplay there are between 80 and 200 fps depending on what I am doing (I have Vsync enabled now due to screentearing, therefore limiting the game to 60)

Just don't waste 30 Minutes watching fps counters while in Menus, it isn't reflective of what you have in gameplay. Definetely not talking from experience *winkwink*.

Settings are all on max, no depth of field (Tiefenschärfe).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alix, Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard