Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi I just got into level 1 of Iona's dungeon, and my game crashed.
Every time I have tried to start the game it will not load up.
Instead I get a pop up that states " Divinity was not correctly terminated the last time. It is recommended that all dynamic files will be cleared up and that all configeration data will be resetted. All saved games will still be available afterwards. Do you want to reset the configeration"
It dosent matter if I say yes or no, I eventually get another pop up that says " Could not open font < fonts\font1.fnt >"
would someone please tell me how I can fix this problem, and if possible in simple english.

I have done a full installiation of the 3 CD pack and the version is 1.0034A.
By the way I live in Australia, and I know that made a difference for beyond divinity,
but I dont know if that makes any difference for divine divinity.
I am running Windows XP Home Edition Service pack3
I have an AMD Athlon [tm] 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.69GHz, and have 896 MB of RAM.
I run AVG anty Virus.
On the drive I am useing for the game I have a total of 39GB with a total of 5.00GB free
after divine divinity has been installed.

journeyman
journeyman
I have seen this topic before...

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Please ignore my above request for help.
I reinstalled the game and solved my problem that way.

Support
Support

It sounds like that fonts file was deleted or corrupted when the game crashed, either by Windows or the game. You may have been able to fix it by just re-extracting the 'fonts.rar' file from the \disc3 folder on the Play CD (see here), though a re-install is easier and more thorough.

There was a difference between the Australian release of BD and North America / UK because of different versions of the copy protection used. There are no differences with DD between English releases (except of course original vs patched re-release and 3 CDs vs 1 DVD).

With the Australian version of BD, a registry edit would allow you to install the 1.49 English patch (which removes the Starforce copy protection so you don't need the CD in a drive, and allows the game to be played under Vista).

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard