Next Thread
Print Thread
#389069 19/10/09 08:28 AM
R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I have finally made it to near the end of the game, but I keep getting killed by the Blue Dragon Riders.
I have not charmed any of my weapons. Although I can access the skill group, path of the warrior, and can access all the other skills in that group, I cannot access the enchant weapons skill. No matter what I try I cant get it into the ACQUISITION SKILL BOX.
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get that skill.
Any ideas on how to beat the blue dragon riders would also be appreciated.

Support
Support

What happens when you select the Enchant Weapon skill (in the Path of the Warrior Gods)? You should be able to learn the skill the same as any other, and level 1 is available at character level 1, so the checkmark confirmation button should be enabled when you select the skill.

Once you have Enchant Weapon, clicking on an equipped item with a charm quality will open up a charm window where you can drag and drop charms to permanently add them to the equipment.

What are your resistances? I don't recall what kind of damage blue dragons do (are they the ones that freeze you for about 5 seconds?), but you could try a distance attack (bow, Hell Spikes...) or something like Burning Wall, where you wouldn't need to stand toe to toe with them for very long.

Resistance, strength or agility potions would give you an edge, or you could try just using more restoration potions.

Other than checking with Kroxy for better equipment, etc, there are various combat techniques described in the topic Chasing Josie... which should be effective against any other strong opponent.

addict
addict
What makes Dragon Riders so tough is they freeze you for periods of time - sometimes this can mean constantly being frozen while they blast you. Spiritual resistance will counter this - if you can get enchant weapon working charm some equipment with a gold spirit resist charm.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Raze, when I click on the brows skill icon, it lists all the skills I have gained.
In the first column which is for the path of the warrior, I have 7 skills listed, the one skill out of the possible 8 that does not show up anywhere is Enhance Weapon. However when I press the skills icon and the list of all potential skills comes up, the Enhance Weapons skill shows as being able to add 1 charm. When I click on the Enhance Weapon icon to move it into the skill increase box, nothing happens. My stats are, Warrior L42, Exp25675906,Vitality 1374/1408, Magic 646,Strength,163,Agility 161,Intelligence 170 Constitution 180.
Just in case the Enhance weapons was working and the pop up was appearing off screen, I tried to alter the config.div file. I was able to do that and save it. but when I went tried to load the game the system would always have me run the config system again and would force me to reset to on of its options. So I was not able to tell if I was getting a pop up or not.

My resistances are lightning 40,fire40,poison gas 55,spirit35. My reputation is 30.
I have a number of bonus points, but I thought I could only use those on my vitality, strength etc.
Is there a way to increase my resistance levels

addict
addict
Charms, equipment, and the survivor skill (Magic Barrier) can increase resistances. There is also the mage's Spellshield which will absorb magic damage.

Support
Support

In the skill window, the Enchant Weapon icon should be shown whether you have the view set to available skills or all skills, since level 1 has a requirement of character level 1. Maybe try learning the skill from within iZakaroN's SaveEditor.

When editing the config.div file, did you just change the listed height and width values, and make sure you didn't add any extra spaces, mix up the two values, or something? I've edited that file a few times to try different resolutions, and the game never popped up the dialog about resetting the configuration.

The majority of my resistance came from equipment bonuses, though I did max Magic Barrier as well. I maxed Spell Shield and Aura of Guarding from purchased spell books, though that would be harder to do in the wastelands, with fewer merchants. Spell Shield is particularly helpful to protect against poison.

If you are comfortable hex editing, you can change your resistances directly (see Some more hex offsets... and Teleporting Anywhere, via hex editor). For smaller bonuses, you can use the save editor to unlearn Magic Barrier, load, learn it again, save, unlearn (as required), re-load... (see help with negative resistances).

Also, you could just use DAD's item editor to add a resistance bonus to armour or jewelry (I have not used it in quite awhile, but I'm pretty sure it can do that).

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
I have tryed learning the enhance weapon skill from within iZakaroN's SaveEditor.I highlited the skill and pressed save,but that has not worked.I guess I just have to pray I don't need charmed poweres to get to the end.
I looked at the info on hex editor, and that is way too spookey for me to handle.
But there is some good news, by using strength, resistance and shadow potions, I was able to kill the blue nights.
So now I am off to the Black Lake Dungeon, here's hopeing!
By the way should I ditch the dragon armour and use the armour of Larian
Thanks all for the help.

Support
Support

In the save editor, when you highlight the Enchant Weapon skill, can you click on the up/down arrows beside the box where it shows the current skill level?

The stats on the dragon and Larian breastplates are random (as with all other equipment), so in any given game one may be better than the other, or better suited to a particular character class or playing style.
You only need to wear the complete dragon armour set once to complete that quest and get the reward. After that there is no additional bonus for keeping it together, so feel free to mix and match depending on what other armour you can find or buy.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Raze, once again I am indebted to you for your assistance, thanks.

R
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Raze I tried to get the skill through the save editor, even went to the trouble of doing a back up save, reset the skill to 0 saved the game, then reset the skill level to 5 again,and saved. Then I deleted the dat000 file from the original saved game and copied the new saved dat000 into the original saved game. I ended up the same, still don't have the Enchant weapons Skill.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard