Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I just noticed few days ago, that theres quite a nice engine, thats capable of DX11 and tesselation.. and when I saw "Heaven" demo-benchmark (especially part with dragon), I just said myself.. whoa, if next Divinity looked same or better, I wouldn´t be disappointed.

Not that I´am, Ego Draconis looks very nice.. smile

But, just idea.. I guess that your engine could be capable same if not better with some improvements. Plus, I would play next part even if it looked same.. in case it will have good story and more RPG and less killing (especially 4/4 of game is really boring .. its just kill, go there and kill more and.. argh.. stupid, but 1-2/4 of game really great).

And for example quest for Amulet of Northern Winds (I hope its right name, but anyone who got it know what I mean laugh ) is really great thing.. Plus lot of decisions between good and bad (well, sometimes between bad and worse).

Went bit far from topic.. but that engine looks great still. smile

Even C4 engine looks fascinating if used correctly.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
enthusiast
enthusiast
The most important part is making sure that you don't spend your whole budget on things like that. What good is a fantastic graphic engine if it means cutting your content in half due to lack of funds?

A
veteran
veteran
A
Originally Posted by Mescalamba
I just noticed few days ago, that theres quite a nice engine, thats capable of DX11 and tesselation..

Depending on Directx 10 or/and 11 will alienate most xp players.

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
Support
Support

In the time it takes to develop a new game, I don't think XP will still be a big factor. Current video cards, etc, may all have XP drivers, but in 4 or 5 years that may not be the case.

Anyway, there is a difference between being capable of DirectX 11 and requiring it. As long as the current generation of the XBox is a significant factor in game sales, licensable game engines will have a big incentive to be able to fall back to DirectX 9 era hardware, to make development for the XBox and PC as seamless as possible and keep down development costs. Unigine, for example, supports DirectX 9/10/11, as well as OpenGL.

veteran
veteran
Barely doubt that the next Divinity episode (sequel for D2) will be on new engine. Most likely old good gamebryo since the approx. release date is 2010.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Well, it was just idea. I have plenty of them usually.. laugh And I can´t use any of them.. frown

veteran
veteran
Gamebryo is a great engine, it would be a shame Larian threw away the expertise they build with it for a new engine.

Only if Gamebryo (lightspeed) has come obsolete by when a new Divinity is developed, only then changing should be an option. If it were up to me I'd choose for Cryengine 3 as it's proven its worth rendering natural enviroments.

As obvious here:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Plus it runs on even my years old rig at decent settings.

Last edited by Draghermosran; 28/10/09 11:05 PM.

It's one of these days...
Oh bugger. That looks really good. BUT, 360 and PS3 players can in that case forget about the next Divinity, unless a new console capable of running this errupts by that time. Those consoles are just going to blow up.

veteran
veteran
Cryengine works on both 360 and PS3 wink obviously with scaled down gfx frown

It's one of these days...
Originally Posted by Draghermosran
Cryengine works on both 360 and PS3 wink obviously with scaled down gfx frown

Exactly, so that means it has no point.

old hand
old hand
You don't know how scaled down though.
It could still look better than what we've seen on consoles so far.
If used correctly.

veteran
veteran
CryEngine for RPG? Well, yeah, every engine can be rewrote to implement some required things, but...
SENSE.
It makes none.
D2 already has nice and mastered engine for the game and the sequel.

M
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Risen uses Unreal 3 engine.. so, why Divinity couldn't use Cryengine 3? smile

veteran
veteran
Risen uses Unreal 3 engine

LOL.
I hope you realize that you have no clue what are you talking about. Completely.

Risen uses Genome Engine

enthusiast
enthusiast
They developed their own engine, but it's based on the Genome engine they used in GIII

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by swordscythe
They developed their own engine, but it's based on the Genome engine they used in GIII

Indeed, but imho the engine is either at its max, or the implementation was not perfect on this last project.

I honestly dont like its graphics implementation on risen, even with .ini tweaks and 1920x1200 with full detail. The lightning seems wrong no matter how i adjust it, the close-up textures on leafs seem just wrong also (too blurry, not enough detail).

For me, the best graphics yet is oblivion fully modded, with Quarl texture pack/LODs and a numerous other external mods.

But going back to D2, from what i saw, its pretty decent graphics also, imho better than RIsen due to the already mentioned reasons.

Last edited by KnightPT; 03/11/09 02:22 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I felt oblivion was ugly. Witcher EE I thought was real beautiful, and Drakensang was real pretty, albeit not so much for its texture detail. Risen I love the setting and the overall scenery, but yeah, the texture quality was not always fantastic.

old hand
old hand
Indeed vanilla Oblivion isn't that pretty, but Knight PT mentioned graphical mods, and some of them improve the quality of oblivion drasticly (i.e. there's a mod out there, making grass look more realistic and at the same time making it use less cpu)

With a few mods, Oblivion can equal the graphical beauty of Witcher EE (and maybe even surpass it)
but as they say in French: les gouts et les couleurs ne se discutent pas!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard