Next Thread
Print Thread
Y
yaone Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Hello everyone, I wanted to discuss some things that bugged me a little while playing this nice RPG.
These are quality of life issues and they won't kill enjoyment during gameplay, however I think that it's those little details that make the difference between a polished game and another one... I'm talking about the 1.02 PC, German version here. I had some other concerns while playing 1.00 but they went "poof" when I patched to 1.02 ;D That's promising indeed for future patches wink

* Where are mah camera controlz?! I couldn't find a way to rotate/zoom the camera freely during gameplay, it's a shame! Can't take the pretty screenshots.. frown
* Environment is TOO static: water is not disturbed when you fall from a big height, trees do not burn when fire is used on them.
* Regen is too weak - just to make it clear, I talk about the regen AFTER a fight - food/drinks only speed it up by a little, and you'll need tons of 'em to completely recover when you get some levels.
* It seemed to me the dragon does not open its jaw while breathing fire, why is that?

While I mention the firebreath animation issue, I think I should also mention something odd I found while browsing the Video folder of the game.
I saw two distinct dragon firebreath videos. One called Firebreath and another one called DragonFireball, the title of this one is misleading because it does not actually show the dragon spewing fireballs.
What's the difference?
The video which is used in the skill window is DragonFireball and I never saw Firebreath ingame. Why is it here?
If something ingame changes your firebreath, then I'm sorry for asking, because I haven't got far enough in the game to get it yet.

Last edited by yaone; 05/11/09 03:06 PM.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by yaone
Hello everyone, I wanted to discuss some things that bugged me a little while playing this nice RPG.
These are quality of life issues and they won't kill enjoyment during gameplay, however I think that it's those little details that make the difference between a polished game and another one... I'm talking about the 1.02 PC, German version here. I had some other concerns while playing 1.00 but they went "poof" when I patched to 1.02 ;D That's promising indeed for future patches wink

* Where are mah camera controlz?! I couldn't find a way to rotate/zoom the camera freely during gameplay, it's a shame! Can't take the pretty screenshots.. frown
* Environment is TOO static: water is not disturbed when you fall from a big height, trees do not burn when fire is used on them.
* Regen is too weak, food/drinks only speed it up by a little, and you'll need tons of 'em to completely recover when you get some levels.
* It seemed to me the dragon does not open its jaw while breathing fire, why is that?

While I mention the firebreath animation issue, I think I should also mention something odd I found while browsing the Video folder of the game.
I saw two distinct dragon firebreath videos. One called Firebreath and another one called DragonFirebreath.
What's the difference?
The video which is used in the skill window is DragonFirebreath and I never saw Firebreath ingame. Why is it here?
If something ingame changes your firebreath, then I'm sorry for asking, because I haven't got far enough in the game to get it yet.

1.Don" know
2.That would be little overpowered,as a mage I would only need to throw fireball on wood and I am winner(burn baby burn)
3.agreed(mana)
4.Don"t know
5.read above

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually like the regen thing, it makes sure you have to think ahead and not just quaff a potion when you're at 5% and be back at full health instantly. It also makes sure you can't just buy 200 potions and then take on a foe that's way out of your league.

veteran
veteran

One of the Gamebryos disadvantages I guess, lol.

trees do not burn when fire is used on them.

0_o
Regen is too weak, food/drinks only speed it up by a little, and you'll need tons of 'em to completely recover when you get some levels.

Um... are you serious? Regen is WEAK? I leveld it up to 9 and, actually, after that I never used a bottles.
It seemed to me the dragon does not open its jaw while breathing fire, why is that?

Lack of animation ;P
Also, "sharp eye" ppl noticed already that there is no "real" difference between male and female dragon form.
I saw two distinct dragon firebreath videos. One called Firebreath and another one called DragonFirebreath.

Divinity 2, v1.02 German release.
Divinity2\Data\Video\Skills\:

BattleRage.wmv
Bleed.wmv
Blind.wmv
Charm.wmv
Confusion.wmv
Curse.wmv
DeathBlow.wmv
DefensivePosture.wmv
Destruction.wmv
DragonBurst.wmv
DragonFireball.wmv
DragonPolymorph.wmv
DragonShield.wmv
DragonSpirit.wmv
DragonSummonFriend.wmv
DragonSuperFireball.wmv
DualWieldingExpertise.wmv
Encumbrance.wmv
Evade.wmv
ExplosiveArrows.wmv
Fatality.wmv
FatigueConsumption.wmv
Fear.wmv
Fireball.wmv
Firebreath.wmv
Firewall.wmv
Healing.wmv
HideInShadows.wmv
JumpAttack.wmv
LifeLeech.wmv
LifeTap.wmv
LockPick.wmv
MagicBlast.wmv
MagicMissile.wmv
ManaLeech.wmv
Mindread.wmv
PoisonArrows.wmv
Polymorph.wmv
PotionEfficiency.wmv
RangerStealth.wmv
RangerStrength.wmv
RangerSurprise.wmv
Reflect.wmv
Regenerate.wmv
RushAttack.wmv
SingleHandedWeaponExpertise.wmv
SplittingArrows.wmv
StunArrows.wmv
SummonDemon.wmv
SummonGhost.wmv
SummonMastery.wmv
SummonUndead.wmv
SwordandShieldExpertise.wmv
ThousandStrikes.wmv
TransmuteConsumables.wmv
TwoHandedWeaponExpertise.wmv
UnarmedExpertise.wmv
WayoftheBattleMage.wmv
WayoftheRanger.wmv
WayoftheWiseWizard.wmv
Whirlwind.wmv
Wisdom.wmv

Where it is?

Y
yaone Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Y
Where it is?

Oops my bad, I wasn't careful enough and I written DragonFirebreath although it is actually DragonFIREBALL. I think this is strange because DragonFireball video is NOT about spewing fireballs but instead shows the dragon doing a classic "firebreath" (so no "fireball" projectile).

In fact, after watching carefully the content of the Video folder, I noticed another video which is NOT used ingame : DragonSuperFireball and this one IS about spitting fireballs, lots of 'em.

2.That would be little overpowered,as a mage I would only need to throw fireball on wood and I am winner(burn baby burn)

Well using environment strategically to damage foes would be a neat idea, but in fact I was only talking from a purely cosmetic standpoint =P

I actually like the regen thing, it makes sure you have to think ahead and not just quaff a potion when you're at 5% and be back at full health instantly. It also makes sure you can't just buy 200 potions and then take on a foe that's way out of your league.

I think your misunderstood me, I was not talking about how potions replenish health/mana over time while in combat (I think that's a good idea indeed), but, I was rather talking about regeneration through food/drinks after a combat: that is when you are low on health/mana and you need to regenerate before trying to engage other foes.

Last edited by yaone; 05/11/09 03:12 PM.

In pause mode you can turn around all you like. The camera controls when not paused where designed to give an optimal overview of the situation and easier targetting/looking around.

I saw two distinct dragon firebreath videos. One called Firebreath and another one called DragonFireball, the title of this one is misleading because it does not actually show the dragon spewing fireballs.
What's the difference?
The video which is used in the skill window is DragonFireball and I never saw Firebreath ingame. Why is it here?

Don't worry, you're not missing anything. Over the course of development we experimented with different types of attacks for the dragon (fireballs/firebreaths). What you have in game is what is in game, don't trust the videos folder wink

veteran
veteran
In fact, after watching carefully the content of the Video folder, I noticed another video which is NOT used ingame : DragonSuperFireball and this one IS about spitting fireballs, lots of 'em.

Hmmm.. I wonder if script and animation for this skill still in the game's resources... Oh well, I'm too lazy to check it ;<

Greever
Talking about pause mode... Is there any way to hide HUD?

Originally Posted by Kein

Greever
Talking about pause mode... Is there any way to hide HUD?

Not in the released version wink

veteran
veteran
:<
Any chance that next patch will unlock some nifty features, like console, etc? Or do we need to hack the game and make HUD transparent? >_>

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard