Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
stranger
stranger
M
Hi All;

after uninstalling old drivers Creative sound card, I uninstalled all codecs and utilities Divx player, I uninstalled the K-Lite codecs and installed the latest.

I installed the AMD Dual Core Optimiser.

I put all the 3D settings control panel NVIDIA default.

And re testing the game yesterday I managed to play more than 3 hours without a bug! "

Continued ...

R
Ro3 Offline
stranger
stranger
R
I thought of sharing this with everyone in case someone was going through a choppy game.

I started the game and right away the game was choppy. I was irritated because my pc exceeded all the recommendation (6G of RAM, 1G video ram, 3.0Ghz processor, etc). I tried adjusting my pc's video settings to get the game going but nothing worked. Finally, I was getting so fed up that as a last resort, I configured the game's graphic settings to the 'highest' on everything and I checked all the boxes. I then closed the game, reset my pc's graphic settings to default, restarted my pc, and restarted the game…..and the choppy graphics were eliminated. I've been playing without any problems ever since.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by Ro3; 13/01/10 07:14 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
Hi,

I finally started to play DD II. But I'm already frustrated. I'm a loyal fan, so want quiting yet, but ...

I read all forums but havn't found any solution.

When leaving town and going down the alley towards a kind of platform, the game freezes.
I tried out every suggestion done but none were given any solution.
About setting the game settings to max isn't making the game smoothier.

Hope solution could be given soon, other ways ....

C
CWS Offline
stranger
stranger
C
I downloaded the demo before buying and couldn't get it to start. Upon loading the game, it showed the 1st 3 loading screens ("Larian", something else, then the 3rd credit screen). After this screen it crashed. I thought it was a demo problem, and bought the game anyway. Same problem: game will not load past the 3rd credit screen. I've reinstalled several times, with and without antivirus SW.

I've tried installing physx, directx, and updated my nvidia driver. I doubt this has anything to do with securerom as the same thing happened on the demo version. Can anyone provide help here, in english? I'm not a computer wiz and pretty much at the end of what I know how to do. I really want to play this game but just about ready to give up. My system is fairly robust, and I haven't had any trouble playing dragon age and anything else (RPG or FPS) that has come out in the last year. thanks.

stranger
stranger
Please forgive me if this has be answered but I could not find it.
I have installed the game then the update. With or without the update/patch it starts up black screen only then the error pops up and says Couldn't create renderer. I have uninstalled once and patched two times. SeruRom didn't help and Google wasn't any better. I have DX 11 but I did try to install the DX that came with the game and it said my system has better. The GeForce 240 drivers are up to date aswell. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Dell
Win 7 Home Premium
Studio XPS 8000
Intel Core I7 860 @ 2.80GHz
8.00 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System

"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit and its filled with people who are filled with shit and the vermin of the world inhabit it." -Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber
H
stranger
stranger
H
Possible graphics stuttering fix ( worked for me) would like soem feedback if it fixes anyone elses problems I have found a tweak to the ntfs file sytem that happened to fix my stuttering issue.. was so bad I could barely play (core 2 duo e7200 OC'd 4.03 8GB of ram 8800 GT 512MB)

This fixed it for me Type in the following command to increase the cache setting:

fsutil behavior set memoryusage 2

To check the current value, type in this command:

fsutil behavior query memoryusage

To change the setting back to the default, use this command:

fsutil behavior set memoryusage 1

command prompt is in the all programs/accessories menu ( sorry for the long delay for me to get back to you...) mine was set at 0 as well and after changing to 2, stuttering problem is gone I can play on extreme settings @ 1680x1050... after checking default, if it is set at 0, then go back and change to 2.. and I am 90% sure your problem goes away.. what is being altered is the file system cache buffer. make sure to right click it and choose run as administrator otherwise you cannot change system settings I hope this helps.. let me know if it works for you

S
S
HardLine please tell people that you are running Vista and this work arround will not work with Win7

S
S
I am amazed that people do not understand First Aid, and continue to post their problems here, maybe Kevin has a point, but not everyone can read english, and even if they do, it doesn't mean they have any common sense eek

Last edited by Shocker; 21/01/10 09:50 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by Shocker
HardLine please tell people that you are running Vista and this work arround will not work with Win7
I can't tell ppl this as I did it WITH windows 7 X64.. the same commands are in 7.. windows 7 has the same underlying kernel as vista just a little smaller with performance imporovments.. you have to make sure you run the admin privilige.... right click the cmd in accessories adn choose run as administrator then it will work

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Shocker
I am amazed that people do not understand First Aid, and continue to post their problems here, maybe Kevin has a point, but not everyone can read english, and even if they do, it doesn't mean they have any common sense eek

I think it just that people are looking for help where ever they can. And posting where they hope a dev will read and hopefully give some feed back.

I do agree that people who are having problems(like me heh) should follow the First Aid suggestions listed and then report back if these steps didn't help.

"believe in what gods you may, but TRUST in cold hard steel!"
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Hard Line
Possible graphics stuttering fix ( worked for me) would like soem feedback if it fixes anyone elses problems I have found a tweak to the ntfs file sytem that happened to fix my stuttering issue.. was so bad I could barely play (core 2 duo e7200 OC'd 4.03 8GB of ram 8800 GT 512MB)

This fixed it for me Type in the following command to increase the cache setting:

Please note that these OS changes on a "lower level" may seem to solve certain problems, but may also have side effects that are not documented or well-known. A lot of the Windows tweaking tips may be dangerous or have no effect at all. I do believe that changing this may solve problems, but a good defrag may also fix read/write operations smile

For instance, concerning the fsutil memoryusage command, read this: http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-ntfs-memory.html

And note on that page: Note this setting is mainly for server systems with a high end disk system that consists of multiple disks, which is bombarded with file operations (Like a Web-Server).

Note when increasing the memory usage, then it will use more of both paged- and non-paged-memory. Therefore make sure that existing services/drivers are not already using the available paged and non-paged memory, as these services might perform worse with less memory available.

I am always cautious when reading tweaking tips, and google for technical explanations, preferably from Microsoft's own website. I always start from the fact that Windows is at its best as it was shipped. I would like to politely urge our players to act and think similarly smile

Tweeting @forktong
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by ForkTong

Please note that these OS changes on a "lower level" may seem to solve certain problems, but may also have side effects that are not documented or well-known. A lot of the Windows tweaking tips may be dangerous or have no effect at all. I do believe that changing this may solve problems, but a good defrag may also fix read/write operations smile

For instance, concerning the fsutil memoryusage command, read this: http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-ntfs-memory.html

And note on that page: Note this setting is mainly for server systems with a high end disk system that consists of multiple disks, which is bombarded with file operations (Like a Web-Server).

Note when increasing the memory usage, then it will use more of both paged- and non-paged-memory. Therefore make sure that existing services/drivers are not already using the available paged and non-paged memory, as these services might perform worse with less memory available.

I am always cautious when reading tweaking tips, and google for technical explanations, preferably from Microsoft's own website. I always start from the fact that Windows is at its best as it was shipped. I would like to politely urge our players to act and think similarly smile
I agree that sometimes there are side effects.. however I found that windows 7 incorrectly set my machine with a value of zero as in "0" file system buffer and I have 8GB of ram.. that is a big mistake and from what I have read, should have at least been set to 1 by default..sometimes the os does not do the right thing and causes an issue.please keep in mind.. I am a system builder and have managed several repair companies before starting my own.. ( not trying to gloat just show experience )

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
however I found that windows 7 incorrectly set my machine with a value of zero as in "0" file system buffer and I have 8GB of ram.. that is a big mistake and from what I have read, should have at least been set to 1 by default..

Okay, you're right, that is true!

Tweeting @forktong
H
stranger
stranger
H
however I found that windows 7 incorrectly set my machine with a value of zero as in "0" file system buffer and I have 8GB of ram.. that is a big mistake and from what I have read, should have at least been set to 1 by default..

I am guessing that windows is incorrectly setting the value to 0 during install. but that is def causing streaming issues from the game engine

H
stranger
stranger
H
Well when I start up the game, it runs. But after I create a character it shows this cut scene then the cut scene ends, and the game crashes. Music keeps playing and everything, but I have to task manager outta it. I'm on Vista/32bit. Any ideas how to fix it? Please and Thank you.

H
stranger
stranger
H
what are your system specs? cpu ram graphics card...I will help if I can

veteran
veteran

To check the current value, type in this command:

fsutil behavior query memoryusage

To change the setting back to the default, use this command:

fsutil behavior set memoryusage 1

command prompt is in the all programs/accessories menu ( sorry for the long delay for me to get back to you...) mine was set at 0 as well and after changing to 2, stuttering problem is gone I can play on extreme settings @ 1680x1050... after checking default, if it is set at 0, then go back and change to 2.. and I am 90% sure your problem goes away.. what is being altered is the file system cache buffer. make sure to right click it and choose run as administrator otherwise you cannot change system settings I hope this helps.. let me know if it works for you

I have set it to 0, no sluttering here :P

H
stranger
stranger
H
I would then say that windows did not set it right on your comp either, it should by default be set at 1. Regardless if there is a problem or not. I will be sending an email to microsoft to question this and see what they say

Last edited by Hard Line; 23/01/10 02:49 PM.
veteran
veteran
Who said it should be set to 1?

R
stranger
stranger
R
Before even releasing this game:

-Same thing..
My RIG surpassed the recom settings by 2x.. updated drivers(windows/non windows)..
uninstalled VLC(because of the CODECS excuses.. so I've used the latest windows codecs for the WMP)

-service pack 3 winXP.
-ATHLON X2
-ATI HD5600+ series of vid cards on "TWO COMPUTERS".
-4GB ram ddr2

-THE GAME WON'T RUN...

Tsk2x.. I was expecting much from this game..
and gave me this crap..

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard