Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Whole game runs fine up until the point after I create my character. I see the cutscene with the ship and the river, and the next loading screen never ends. I've let it run for 25+ minutes and it eventually just freezes and locks up my computer.

I'm running Windows XP
AMD Dual-Core Opteron 2.4 GHz Processor
Nvidia 7600 GT
with 3 GBs of ram

I'm also experiencing some slight stuttering of sound during the cutscenes and logos.

I have the latest Direct X, PhysX, and Visual C++

I haven't installed any new codecs besides Windows and have also made sure I have the latest video drivers.

Any fix for this?

*edit* after installing the 182.50 NVIDIA driver I noticed a pretty decent improvement of sound and video stuttering (Also overclocked GPU and CPU so that might have helped)

Still stuck at the loading screen though.

Last edited by make7ac; 07/11/09 02:48 AM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
I've noticed a few people having this problem including myself and it seems to be people with older AMD Processors.

veteran
veteran
make7ac

It is not related, but... can you tell me the value of your "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Larian Studios\Divinity2\Language" registry key? Thanks.

Oh, and your game language: english or german one?

A
stranger
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Cathgar
I've noticed a few people having this problem including myself and it seems to be people with older AMD Processors.

Tested the game on my old FX-57 based machine with 2 gtx 8800's and it appears you are correct.

The game loads and cinematic runs fine, i create my character and after that it just sits forever on the loading screen. Have tried multiple times and like with make7ac all my drivers are up-to-date. Tested on both xp and win7 with the same result.

Works fine on my i7 based machine.

Hmmm.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I have the same problem.. And yes, oldish AMD processor...

I also have the horrible performance in the videos..

I went as far as replacing the three videos it makes you sit through, before it stops working, with the "lockpick" one, as thats much shorter.. Why no skip video key?

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Blah
I have the same problem.. And yes, oldish AMD processor...

I also have the horrible performance in the videos..

I went as far as replacing the three videos it makes you sit through, before it stops working, with the "lockpick" one, as thats much shorter.. Why no skip video key?

Man I hear you on that...I sat through those first three cut scenes like 25 times trying different things....

Originally Posted by Kein
make7ac

It is not related, but... can you tell me the value of your "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Larian Studios\Divinity2\Language" registry key? Thanks.

Oh, and your game language: english or german one?

Sure. It's English (For both the key and the game)

Originally Posted by Cathgar

How odd...Looking around it seems that is the case.

I wonder if there will be any type of fix or work around for this...

veteran
veteran
WAIT.
AMD?
That reminds me... isn't here such thing as drivers for CPU (LOL) from AMD? Called as AMD Dual Core Optimizer or similar. I remember that many games had issues if these drivers wasn't installed (Risen/Gothic). Can someone who has subj issue install this package and try to play game again?

Also, if you have it already installed - do it vice versa: remove and try.

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
WAIT.
AMD?
That reminds me... isn't here such thing as drivers for CPU (LOL) from AMD? Called as AMD Dual Core Optimizer or similar. I remember that many games had issues if these drivers wasn't installed (Risen/Gothic). Can someone who has subj issue install this package and try to play game again?

Also, if you have it already installed - do it vice versa: remove and try.

I actually already did that. I noticed in the graphics tab under CPU "Optimizer" was selected. I figured it might solve the problem so I downloaded it and still no difference.

I'm going to try a bunch of other stuff today...

*edit*

I tried running the game again with an AMD Athalon x64 3500+ (Single Core) overclocked to 2.6GHz

Same problem.

Last edited by make7ac; 07/11/09 08:05 PM.
veteran
veteran
Yeh, just got an info that the same issue happens under Intel Core i7 ;<

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Well I've been busy for most of the day buy the things I did try didn't help at all. Guess we will all just have to hang on and wait for a response/fix.

B
stranger
stranger
B
One thing I thought of trying.. If someone who can play could upload a save file, we could try loading that and see if its just the start that's bugged, or the entire game..

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Blah
One thing I thought of trying.. If someone who can play could upload a save file, we could try loading that and see if its just the start that's bugged, or the entire game..

Yea..I tried googling a save game but only managed to find the german version which apparently isn't compatible with the english version.

Certainly would be helpful if someone could upload Save States after the bugged loading screen and we could see if it works.

M
stranger
stranger
M
i have the same problem...and i tried everything,but nothing work's we need a fix people laugh sombody with beter english need to speak with the support team and explain the problem with this older AMD processors , mine is AMD ATHLON 64 3500+

veteran
veteran
Seems to me to be only happening with autosaves ?

Not in the mood for cheese?
That excuse has more holes than a slice this fine Gorgombert!
M
stranger
stranger
M
i don't know, but its killing me im trying to sort this out for 5 days i tried a bunch of stuff and none of them works we realy need some professional help :P

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Malkiq
i don't know, but its killing me im trying to sort this out for 5 days i tried a bunch of stuff and none of them works we realy need some professional help :P

Not too much you can do about it till a fix is available.

I really don't think there is anything I haven't tried.

veteran
veteran
Reinstall the OS?

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Reinstall the OS?

I highly doubt that is the problem, considering the vast number of people the problem is affecting.

If it means anything, I installed Divinity 2 about 3 days after a fresh install of Windows XP.

I'd like to try using a save file to get past this bug, if anyone is capable of playing the game and can upload a save file right after character creation, I can post the results here.

I'm pretty sure the saved games are located in..

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\Divinity 2\

M
stranger
stranger
M
I do infact have a saved game that will bypass this horrible error. Its right after said loading screen. My friend supplied me with this one. She said she loaded the Hacked english language version (basically the german version with english subs) and it worked for the official english version. I know, I'm playing it currently!

Try not to complain so bad about the name and appearance as you can go to the illusionist and change said things in the tutorial area.

My only complaint about this, is that it may lock up when using the waypoints later in the game. So please; try to save your games as much as possible! I lost over 3 hours of work due to that! I am not sure if this waypoint loading freeze is similar in nature to this one or entirely random in nature, but I can say that this saved game does indeed work for me. I hope it does work for you all as well!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jgq2tnzyyjo

Saved Game from the very beginning. This file should be 1.38mb in size. Lets just hope I upped the correct save file! ^^;

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Mehale
I do infact have a saved game that will bypass this horrible error. Its right after said loading screen. My friend supplied me with this one. She said she loaded the Hacked english language version (basically the german version with english subs) and it worked for the official english version. I know, I'm playing it currently!

Try not to complain so bad about the name and appearance as you can go to the illusionist and change said things in the tutorial area.

My only complaint about this, is that it may lock up when using the waypoints later in the game. So please; try to save your games as much as possible! I lost over 3 hours of work due to that! I am not sure if this waypoint loading freeze is similar in nature to this one or entirely random in nature, but I can say that this saved game does indeed work for me. I hope it does work for you all as well!

http://www.mediafire.com/?jgq2tnzyyjo

Saved Game from the very beginning. This file should be 1.38mb in size. Lets just hope I upped the correct save file! ^^;

Tested and works. (For me at least) Thanks a bunch for the upload.

For anyone trying to get it to work, download the file provided by mehale above this post.

Copy the downloaded file to C:/Documents and Settings/*(username/ Local Settings / Application data/ Divinity 2/ Savegames

Start the game and load the file. You can change your appearance and name in game.

*edit* I may have spoken too soon. Upon finishing the tutorial and finishing the broken valley quests...I go into the once blocked path only to hit another never ending loading screen.

Shame..The game is really fun too. Did you have this problem mehale? If so, is there any way around it?

Any special settings or differences in your game files?

Last edited by make7ac; 10/11/09 05:13 AM.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard