Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I may have been wrong about Dragon Knights, they were Dragon Riders in DD. However in Divinity 2, it is said that the one who killed the Divine was a Dragon Knight.
Lol at the last few sentences. I doubt it. They are all human, except Zandalor, whose race is wizard race, as said in DD.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
old hand
old hand
If all Dragon Knights were as powerful as the player character at the end of the game, I can't even understand how Dragon Slayers ever managed to kill even one Dragon Knight...

It's a pity, actually, that there was no fight with Commander Rhode. She annoyed me endlessly.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Originally Posted by sin
I never played Divine Divinity. Is there a connection between the stories?

Yes there is and you can read about it on the Divinity II website. [Click 'Game', then 'The Story'. It's in three parts.] smile

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by virumor
If all Dragon Knights were as powerful as the player character at the end of the game, I can't even understand how Dragon Slayers ever managed to kill even one Dragon Knight...

It's a pity, actually, that there was no fight with Commander Rhode. She annoyed me endlessly.
I loved Rhode. I wish there had been a romantical involvement. That would've been even more awesome.

old hand
old hand
Hmm... does she act differently toward the player if you're a male character?

I played as a female and she was quite hateful near the end. Lol.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well, near the end, she is quite hateful, but I gotta love a strong-willed woman like that. I admired her steadfastness, really. Turns out she was right too. They should've let her kill me.

old hand
old hand
Nothing can kill you near the end of the game, and even so Damian would win anyway... since you're so powerful near the end, you're still theoretically "the only hope" of victory.

Rhode's just a mindless fanatic.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Nah. She was so fanatic because she felt betrayed that you were tainted by the dragon. And there's always hope. Just for your quest, they opened rifts that caused the downfall of Aleroth, and then by your doing, Damian was reunited with Ygerna. Things would look much less dark if you had remained a Dragon Slayer.

Besides... If Rhode killed Talana, I wouldn't really say she has no chance against me. Especially as love would stay my hand :p

I like the perspective given by the Elder dragon though. Things are fleeting. You may be locked away in the hall of echoes, but you're not truly dead yet. Perhaps there is a chance for you and the Divine after all, though the outlook is grim.

There's still hope.

Zandalor may yet figure it out.
And whatever happened to Maxos... wink

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by swordscythe
I loved Rhode. I wish there had been a romantical involvement. That would've been even more awesome.

Yeah, when you encountered Rhode for the firs time as a DK even thou she sentence you to death, she returns the sword that Arben gave you. That was so cool xD But the game was too short for romantical involvement frown Anyway I'm glad she's still alive 'n kickin'. She has an unfinished business with the DK so the must meat again (and hopefully not kill each other)

Originally Posted by Macbeth
Originally Posted by sin
I never played Divine Divinity. Is there a connection between the stories?

Yes there is and you can read about it on the Divinity II website. [Click 'Game', then 'The Story'. It's in three parts.] smile

Thanks Macbeth, I'll check it right away :)))

old hand
old hand
She probably gave back the sword because it was her own fault that you became a Dragon Knight in the first place and she felt guilty about it. If she had kept you more close, nothing would have happened (but it would make for not a very exciting game).

And so she failed her task again... she was too weak to do finish the job herself while you were still not powerful enough to be able to kill her (most likely). :P

By the end of the game, she would have no chance at all (like everyone else, save the Elder Dragon & Damian, perhaps).

enthusiast
enthusiast
She just left it up to the others because she knew, once she looked into your eyes, she could not have steeled herself to finish it.

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by virumor
She probably gave back the sword because it was her own fault that you became a Dragon Knight in the first place and she felt guilty about it. If she had kept you more close, nothing would have happened (but it would make for not a very exciting game).

I think she gave you the sword cause it was rightfully yours. And it was not her fault that you became a DK. She ordered you to stay behind in order to protect you, to stay safe in the village. A newly created not complete Slayer will definitely get toasted against a dragon. You disobeyed her others and Talana/Ygerna got you. She felt betrayed by that and got pissed which is understandable. And the fact that she didn't kill you herself near the Temple was cute :))) On your second meeting in Aleroth she's furry-ous (hot! xD). Well, not only did you betrayed her but you also killed her man and a true Dragon Slayer would rather sepuko than accept the dragon xD

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
well, i she really louses any chances to defet you when you hit around lvl 24 amybe 26. After all even at that time you are allredy a threat to Damian, any by the time you hit lvl 28 you can take down a entire stone fortress all by yourself,so preaty much your a one men army. Also it is entaerly her fault for you bekoming a DK, SHE is the one that left you in the villige without a proper dragon slayer teacher, after all you shold be in the academy still, and she took the sword from you, witch could frankly save your ass from teh evil dragon off doom, also she just seid "go and help some villigers" while she well knew that there are undead around the tower and frankly you would be proboly sent the clear them out, and if that was not enouf after they have hurt the dragon, and thought that she was dead instead of sending a dragon slayer to make shure you were ok and continiue your trening she desided to camp.....in front of the Maxos temple.....and she did not even celar the wey for you. Also it is your fault that moust of the criminals are dead and olmost all evil plots are broken in moust of the world....how can she be mad at you? you even got your own tower that you prayed from a necromansers heands!!!

S
sin Offline
apprentice
apprentice
S
Originally Posted by mr.stoner
well, i she really louses any chances to defet you when you hit around lvl 24 amybe 26. After all even at that time you are allredy a threat to Damian, any by the time you hit lvl 28 you can take down a entire stone fortress all by yourself,so preaty much your a one men army.

Gameplay wise you can't fight ground monsters as a dragon. You encounter Slayers 26-27 lvl, She is the Slayer Commander so she should be higher, try going to Stone Flying Fortress at lvl 26. It shouldn't be easy fighting the fortress commander. Story wise she (and a few weak Slayers) wasted Talana (probably in her dragon form) so she must be tough laugh Threat to Damian? Hardly... More like a nuisance. If he considered you a threat he would've destroyed you single-handedly in one of his "visits" :P Don't forget that those fortresses you destroyed were just a "small fraction" of his empire wink

Also it is entaerly her fault for you bekoming a DK, SHE is the one that left you in the villige without a proper dragon slayer teacher, after all you shold be in the academy still, and she took the sword from you, witch could frankly save your ass from teh evil dragon off doom, also she just seid "go and help some villigers" while she well knew that there are undead around the tower and frankly you would be proboly sent the clear them out, and if that was not enouf after they have hurt the dragon, and thought that she was dead instead of sending a dragon slayer to make shure you were ok and continiue your trening she desided to camp.....in front of the Maxos temple

Like she said in the beginning "the time is less than perfect" and she explains what the situation is. A dragon appeared and she has a few men with her. She can't spare any teachers for you but you should be OK for a day in the village right? The Slayer is not a kid so perhaps Rhode didn't think he needs a babysitter all the time :P But in order for the story to continue the Slayer (You) must s*rew up and go to the place marked on the map where the Slayer "shouldn't" go. That's why the Slayer (turned DK) doesn't have a proper replay to Rhode's question "What are you doing here?!" Btw you never did have a chance to use any of your weapons against Talana so Arben’s sword wouldn't make difference on the outcome wink

.....and she did not even celar the wey for you.

It's a game, It's suppose to be hard getting to the temple xD Not to mention she wasn't expecting you...

Also it is your fault that moust of the criminals are dead and olmost all evil plots are broken in moust of the world....how can she be mad at you? you even got your own tower that you prayed from a necromansers heands!!!

Ok, lets say you pick all the positive choices. Lets not forget that Damian turns his wrath and obliterates Broken Valley cause of you, All the outside people in Sentinel Island also died cause of you and a lot more innocent people will die in the near future cause of you (resurrecting Ygerna, making Damian invincible).Nevertheless Rhode doesn't know that. It's not like she's monitoring your every move or something xD All she knows is that a Slayer turned to a "Betrayer" smile

stranger
stranger
Man I didnt like the fact that you cant choose if you remain a Dragon Slayer or if you want to become a Dragon Knight, I think it would be better if we had a choice between the Dragon Slayers and the Knights.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by wagnerdm
Man I didnt like the fact that you cant choose if you remain a Dragon Slayer or if you want to become a Dragon Knight, I think it would be better if we had a choice between the Dragon Slayers and the Knights.

I think that would've been interesting. I'm not sure how it could've been done with the way the story panned out... but then again, I'm not a story-writer. It does make for a compelling "what if..." though.

J'aime le fromage.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard