Next Thread
Print Thread
#392059 14/11/09 04:32 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Can anybody give me some tips? He keeps critting me for 233 damage, I just can't seem to be able to kill him, Lv 13 ranger.

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
i'm having trouble at first too. but those critical strike for 200+ damage
comes from his arrows i think. so i use the terrain(dragon bone) to block those arrows.

when he had shot his arrow, i rushed at him and start using my fav move in the game, the jump strike!! grin

and make sure u have a lot of potions. don't be stingy to use 'em. i used it quite a lot.
this game is quite hard at lower levels. but when your at level 25++, do the flying fortresses,
and u'll be fine.

addict
addict
go in close combat
when you are close to him he will switch to sword

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
journeyman
journeyman
killing amdusias is rather simple if u know the trick. First of all, u have to rush in, pot (if u have it, use hide in shadows) and ran to the blood altar. just be4 the altar is a dragon scale. pick it up and rush out again. (use Jump/space frequently, there isnt any better dodging move in the game then that 1) after that, search the temple for the blood and the spell (blood is in his room, spell u have to get from the librarian in exchange for the first part. (wich is located in * The Books of the Dragon part I and II.) then read the second book. (wich is the spell) and amdusias wil transform to human. after that, make sure u have lots of potions. a save game to fall back on.

when u charge in, its helpfull to summon either the ghost or the undead, in the matter preferebly the ghost. if u have the skill, charm 1 of his minnions. and hit space/jump often, best way to dodge spells and attacks. keep an eye out on ur hp bar, and nvr run out of mana! if u want u can also put an auto pause in the game, like when ur hp reaches 10% (tactical pause). i was lvl 14 ranger when i did this. so the best way is, stun arrow, ranger suprise, (eventually poison arrow) and just keep firing. but keep shooting rangers suprise cus it tremendisly helps down his resistance!. and keep dodging potting. and stay the hell away from his sword!

and as a former person said, use the terrain! terrain is often ur best defence or offence!

if this doesnt help i dont know it anymore...

i hope ppl can use this, cus i know how hard this part of the game is...

hf Magiz

[Edit: i editted this post. so newbys stil have to find out on their own. but if you insist on knowing it. cause u cant get further. just press "show"]

Last edited by MagizZziaN; 15/11/09 06:51 PM.

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
oops. sorry. didn't read ur post enough. didn't notice ur a ranger. ouch

i played as a warrior. so that strategy can be applied. warriors got a skill
that can dash towards an opponent.

journeyman
journeyman
yea i know it, just recently started as a warrior^^

ranger is nice, but u have to stay away from his melee. and keep dodging. if u can do that ur fine..

-Magiz

Fuer grissa ost drauka!

stranger
stranger
I killed him easy with my lvl 14 warrior using sword and shield with 360 hp.
Just rush in and use a lot of jump attacks when he puts a fear spell on you use it in your advantage and run a little and rush back in with your rush attack and jump attack egain i only used 2 potions thad give me 150 hp and use a pet and ghost they are verry handy in this fight.

If you are a warrior and have some more questions about killing him just ask.

-Aimanos

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I killed him at level 16 with one hit with either Fireball or Magic Blast (can't remember which) and probably could have done it at 14 almost as easily.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Thanks all, I melee'd him all the way even though i was a ranger. Thanks for all the tips! laugh

O
stranger
stranger
O
Oh my god this game is the devil! Wtf the mobs leading up to him are level 11, but ALL of this 220 dmg BS, and thats what it is BULLsh*T, what is the point of allowing me to customize a character if you are going to force me through ridiculous mechanics to fight a certain way anyways!, now my pet wont attack the guy, just trots around while he violates my sanctity I am going to spam kick pet in the head for 3 days straight omg the pet just refuses to attack the guy EVEN AFTER I have hit him and he has hit me the pet just omg I am so mad I am going to go adopt a kid, buy him a puppy, and then make him choose if the puppy lives he has to go back to the orphanage, if the puppy dies he can stay NO ONE LOVES YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE A SMELLY ORPHAN!

O
stranger
stranger
O
Oh and I highly doubt any of the people making this game played it once, gamers should make games not just any money hungry nerd!

O
stranger
stranger
O
lol I finally beat him at level 12, just had to close the gap b4 he could get explosive arrow off, its just an OP skill hehe he himself wasnt OP just the skill was, I now do like 240 with my explosive arrow at level 16 its redunculous 2 shotting level 16 elites

1 thing to this game - be 1 or more levels higher than your boss and u win laugh

V
stranger
stranger
V
How do I get to Sentinel Island?

Support
Support

After defeating Amdusias (and getting the book off the alter) one of the corridors there that was blocked becomes open (opposite the chamber with the bedrooms upstairs). You may want to finish off Broken Valley first, if you have not done so already.

Your first encounter on sentinel island you can mindread to go up a level, so the higher level you are (I made it to level 18 in the fjords) the more of an experience bonus that will be. You don't need to get to a high level, but it would be better if you got to a new level before entering, to get a full level bonus.

Welcome to the forum. wave

Was I the only person that had absolutely no problems with killing Amdusias? (Warrior, level 13 or so)

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now
Support
Support

I didn't have any problem. Playing a warrior, I reached level 15 entering Maxos' temple, and almost got to 16 by the end. In general I try to put off any main plot quests as long as possible, and explore everywhere and do side quests first.

Same here. Otherwise I miss a lot of fun. Though I did miss that secret cellar of the necromancer the first time I played this.

The Question isn't how
The Question is when
and the answer is now

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard