Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NAZLSI Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Ok I've basically killed everythin there is to kill in Broken Valley, I tried going in to that other place with the weired name (the place that you travel to from the bottom of the broken valley map), but it seems those things are invincible! I attacked them and they just kept filling up their lives and my attacks did nothing to them. Im a 14 level and they are 22 by the way, but since i couldn't find anything else to kill in broken valley I assumed I was ready.

Anyway so then I go looking for more kills around places I allready visited when I sudently found a crazy bloodfilled BUNNY with unbelievable strength and an attack of about 350!! (my max life is 200, and my attacks did around 6 damage each time).

What the hell is wrong with this game?!?! How the hell can I progress and advance in levels?!?!

Oh and since Im asking for help, tell me how to use my quest items that i can figure out what they are. I have around 3 scrolls that have words on them and a bunch of keys and some alcohol that i found at the bandit camp and even a skull.

Support
Support

I haven't played the game yet, but there should be somewhere else you can go leaving Broken Valley, and/or some places/quests you missed there. A ~14 to 22 level jump for opponents doesn't seem very reasonable...

The killer bunny is intended to be very tough, and triggered if you kill some number of rabbits (at least that's what it looked like in a video someone posted a link for some time ago). In the first Divinity game you could attack rabbits for a little experience (if you were at a low character level), and a bit of meat (minor healing). I think the bunny in D2:ED was meant as a part joke and part punishment for gratuitous killing of tasty defenseless creatures.

After you`ve done everything in Broken Valley, you need to head to Maxos temple, after some events there you can go to Orobas Fjords. Maxos Temple fills up the level gap. However, it is possible to kill the goblins and imps, it maybe just a bit more difficult depending on the build you have chosen for your character.
As for the bunny, pity i didn`t meet him. Next time i play D2 ED, i`ll make sure to kill every bunny and chicken.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
I am 1 bunny away from getting killed by the Killer Bunny but sometimes one of my abilities kills one and I have to reload. It is interesting when while you are running around the Killer Bunny comes out and kills you.

PS. You either have a bad build or haven't even distributed your points. At level 15 I didn't have much difficulty killing the enemies in Orobas Fjord. I killed Amdusias in one hit at level 16 and am at level 18 and just reached Sentinel Island.

old hand
old hand
I'm usually level 15 when I reach Sentinel Island, but never have any problems before.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
the game is really really hard, quick save and quick reload often to beat tougher battles, play the game as easy...

As soon as you get to the island, use your trainer to respec.
Max out magic missile, it does a TON of damage
Max out firewall, it is actually not a firewall, it is a circle. Any ENEMY within it takes MASSIVE damage. Several times the damage of magic missile.
Max out magic efficiency (you will need it to cast magic missile often).
Put 1 point into evasion
put 1 point into regen
Consider maxing out the summon ghost, you summon a ghost your level that has unbelievable healing.
Optional: 1 point in stun (from magic), and 1 point into steal mana / health (for those occasions you are out of mana and have to resort to using weapons).

Focus all your attribute points on intelligence, intelligence increases the damage of spells, magic items, magic resistance (reduces damage from enemies), mana regeneration, and magic weapons (aka, the best swords and bows in the game do 90% magic damage, those gain 90% of the bonus from int, and 10% of the bonus from str/dex to damage).

When I respeced my dual weapon wielder into the above skills my DPS from magic missile became 6 times as much as before. The DPS from wall of fire is several times that.

You can change into dragon form to quickly regen mana, as dragon form has a huge boost to mana regen rate.

I am going to try to combo invisibility with wall of fire. I imagine it will be highly effective.

Last edited by taltamir; 16/11/09 11:14 PM.

I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Using a good bow is better then magic missle and use Fireball and Magic Blast as your main magic. My current bow does over 100 damage per shot and takes down enemies really quickly. My Fireball is at level 7 and does over 300 damage to each enemy in range and usually kills them. Magic Blast is at level 6 and does about 700 damage and will kill anything in 1 hit. (including bosses)

I just got the Battle Tower (at level 20) and respeced to get rid of Magic Missle and increased Magic Blast and Fireball.

PS. You can get a really good bow by reading the mind of the dragon elf you help on Sentinel Island.

Last edited by guenthar; 17/11/09 03:48 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hmm. I've read lots of posts that suggest that you're likely in for trouble if you don't take certain magic skills and put points into int.

However, what about people wanting to play a more pure melee warrior build? Are they destined to be weak without putting points in skills and stats they generally would steer clear of (magic skills and the int stat)? A traditional warrior build would be pumping stat points into STR and VIT, leaving the INT pretty much alone, and selecting melee based combat skills as opposed to magic. Is that a really bad idea in this game?

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Statue
Hmm. I've read lots of posts that suggest that you're likely in for trouble if you don't take certain magic skills and put points into int.

However, what about people wanting to play a more pure melee warrior build? Are they destined to be weak without putting points in skills and stats they generally would steer clear of (magic skills and the int stat)? A traditional warrior build would be pumping stat points into STR and VIT, leaving the INT pretty much alone, and selecting melee based combat skills as opposed to magic. Is that a really bad idea in this game?

That is good idea
Experiment

My second FAV character is my dual-wield warrior(light armors,I don"t like knights)
He put points in dex and vitality and STR to meet gear requiements
so at end of game I had
-30 STR(50 with gears)
-89 DEX
-56 vitality

Level 41

I had 75-90% for CRIT damage

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand
Hmm. I've read lots of posts that suggest that you're likely in for trouble if you

For pure melee, investing in Thousand Strikes, Regenerate & Life Leech is an absolute must.

But even then, in many parts at the beginning you will need to resort to ranged anyway to deal with groups of enemies.

Last edited by virumor; 17/11/09 02:34 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I played a DW warrior (on Medium difficulty) with all points in Strength and Vitality, 60/40 ratio. I maxed out lockpick first, then maxed out Dual-Wielding, Regenerate, Life Leech and Whirlwind(for some AOE). DW, Life Leech and Regen I took far (lvl 10-ish), Whirlwind I left at 6 (Kinda feel guilty about it, shouldve put points into rush attack and Jump Attack mayhaps). The game's easy from that point.

Don't do Thousand Strikes, it's a horrible idea for a full warrior. You can't use it without getting spirit points and magic potions galore, because it's a horrible mana sink. I imagine it would be good for a Battlemage hybrid. But still. Stick with mainly passives, and get one low-cost mana skill (like Rush Attack or Whirlwind). Your creature will keep your mana low enough, and it won't hurt to put some points into summon demon later on.

Anyway, with Regenerate and Life Leech and good armour, playing a warrior isn't hard. They really can't do much to you then. It's also real good for dragon form - if you get low on health as a dragon, just shift into human form and auto-regenerate while kicking some Black Ring behind - then ascend again and kill some more towers... no down time whatsoever, and you can keep your potions for the interesting fights. I would suggest getting a two-hander though, there are a lot more good twohanders out there than onehanders, even if you don't discriminate (swords/axes/hammers). For a dual-wielder who only wants swords, life's tough. Also, the great warrior armor set includes a twohander - extra bonuses.

EDIT: Never used ranged. It's easier to draw them by just getting in range so they'll spot you and then hiding.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T

int = armor against magic spells hitting you, adds damage to magic weapons.
str = armor against physical strikes, adds damage to physical weapons.

A weapon is either 100% physical damage, 50%/50% phys/magic, or 10%/90% phys/magic. Int allows great flexibility by adding to any bow or sword that has at least some magic damage, but if you specialize you get a physical bonus that is identical... aka, points into str increase sword damage equally as int as long as sword is magic. if the sword is purely physical than ONLY str increases its damage.

The bonus to resistance to blows can be nice, and you get to wield two handed swords, which are the best damage from melee.
Overall though, magic is better.

Last edited by taltamir; 17/11/09 08:55 PM.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Actually I was wrong, I am told full STR focus can go quite well. It gives you resistance to physical attacks, and it gives you a percent regen to health... combine that with regeneration and vitality and you will regen health so fast that very little bothers you.

Last edited by taltamir; 18/11/09 03:48 AM.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Cool - thanks for the tips folks, sounds like I will be ok with a traditional STR-pumped 2h pure melee warrior after all smile

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
I hate to copy paste this yet again... but basically, if your character is "weak" go do some side quests... level counts for way too much in this game AND enemies do NOT scale, at all (which is good, level scaling is a horrible disease of RPGs that ruins all immersion)

Let me quote myself:

"Level" counts way too much in this game...
I tried to face stone (level 28 boss) at level 26... he charged me for 300 damage every time, leaving me stunned and at less than 5% health, then he will finish me off with a second hit... Once I managed to beat him by immidiately going invis (load until i get it off in time), run away, blast with magic missile, and use potions to health the damage from his magic missiles... but I decided not to follow, i reloaded, retreated, and went to do some other quests...

If I snuck near him while invisible and hit him with my wall of fire, it did practically no damage, and he still killed me in two normal hits.

When I came back I was level 31. I had gotten one extra rank of magic missle that doubled its damage. But that wasn't really the issue, I just walked up to him... his charge attack did insignificant damage which I healed almost as fast as he was hitting me, and did not stun me. The arena was a joke, I was using firewall to drop everyone and they were not able to hurt me... (speaking of, goblins have been doing 0 damage per hit for several levels now)..

This is not the first time I noticed how significant LEVEL is... Level seems to be the KEY to victory over anyone... your skills matter little. If they are higher level you will be slaughtered, if they are lower level they are harmless... It might seem crazy to "waste" 15 skill points on wisdom, that can mean another "combat" useful ability maxed out... but those don't seem to matter nearly as much as another 2 levels by the end of the game (actually you will only waste 13 skill points, because you get 2 extra from those 2 extra levels you gain... so total is -15 points used +2 gained from skill = 13 used up total by skill)

Last edited by taltamir; 19/11/09 10:11 AM.

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
xD I remembered when I first faced the Killer Bunny. It was in High Hall. Just went around, killing Bunnies, and then, the Killer Bunny came up, with the omnious music. Freak me out for a sec.

Thrashed it with Firewall and Thousand Strikes. :3 Level 31 at the time. It was level 22.

But seriously, why would you go to Orabas Fjords at level 14? They are pretty strong, and I think they are level 18 (Well, the Goblins.)

Go to the Maxos Temple.

"Never Try, Never Fail."
veteran
veteran
It IS possible to kill these level 18 Goblins when your hero is level 14! I do it in my first playthrough. I was level 13 and killed one by one the level 18 Goblins, but, I play on the most easy difficulty!! Maybe that's why I can handle these Goblins from 5 levels higher grin

But on the other hand, I find it better now to go first to the Maxos Temple and to Sentinel Island first and than my Battle Tower. After that, I can do teh whole Orobas Fjords in Dragon + human form laugh

For me it's more fun to kill enemies from the same or 1 or 3 levels higher all the time (not higher),
because by enemies they're more levels higher (than I'm), I must use to much potions and I find that a little boring! smirk

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard