Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
B
stranger
stranger
B
Working for me too smile

At least, I got into the game and can move around.. Haven't tested any further than that, but that's better than its ever done without a save..

Thanks

veteran
veteran
So... another save-files works. Hmm, perhaps defaul init_savegame.dsg is a bit broken, huh.

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
I wouldn't be too excited, as stated before, the game will allow you to play up to a certain point and then you will hit a wall again.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
It's not just with AMD im using intel pentium 4, 2.4ghz and i have the same problem.

Last edited by Zolee; 10/11/09 08:23 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Edited

Sorry guys, I just tried loading my game in the German version. This is definitely not backwards compatible.

We'll have to wait for a patch from Larian to fix these bugs! I wish I could do what I wanted to do, but I just can't!

So far, from what I've encountered for the Loading Screen Errors are the Beginning cut-scene, the Place where you first meet Talana and the usage of Waypoints. I can no longer play past the running into the rest of Broken Valley to encounter Talana! I cannot tell you any other places where the game just hangs. If I could, I would!

I WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME IN MY NATIVE LANGUAGE! I want a patch! T.T (add many other impatient whiny demands I refuse to type relating to these errors)

The only temporary thing I can thing of is for me to be nice and ask for you all to upload your saved games from that point and have you PM me of their locations on the net and continue past that sequence.

You can luck out of seeing that sequence by doing this or wait for a patch from Larian?

I honestly don't know why its not working the way it should. I have both the German and English versions of this game on the same machine. The German version works where the English version doesn't. It does get annoying having to load up a different version just to get it to go past certain points.

I don't usually go out of my way to help people like this, but I will do so for you all! You could either PM with the links to your uploaded saved game file or put them here. It just depends if you want everyone knowing what your character is!

Oh, and if you do decide to do this, please tell me what you want. As in, use this waypoint to go to here or get me past this part! If it involves a cut-scene I'll just direct you to your video directory in your game files!

I will be like a hawk on this thread if anyone decides to use me and my services! You know, so you can get your game back on track in an orderly manner.

Last edited by Mehale; 10/11/09 10:40 PM. Reason: Not backwards compatible!
M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Mehale

Originally Posted by make7ac
I wouldn't be too excited, as stated before, the game will allow you to play up to a certain point and then you will hit a wall again.

I apologize for not responding sooner.

Is this happening when you disobey Rhode's orders to wait in the village after defeating Lord Arben's ghost? I mean, when you go past where Marius was preventing you from going to earlier? This is where I was stopped just now. So I figured I'd drop by and see if anyone else was experiencing this as well.

I just read your edit. All I saw is that you were stopped by this loading screen again and jumped to reply! I should really read everything before I begin typing!

The only temporary thing I can thing of is for me to be nice and ask for you all to upload your saved games from that point and have you PM me of their locations on the net and continue past that sequence.

You can luck out of seeing that sequence by doing this or wait for a patch from Larian?

I honestly don't know why its not working the way it should. I have both the German and English versions of this game on the same machine. The German version works where the English version doesn't. It does get annoying having to load up a different version just to get it to go past certain points.

I don't usually go out of my way to help people like this, but I will do so for you all! You could either PM with the links to your uploaded saved game file or put them here. It just depends if you want everyone knowing what your character is!

Oh, and if you do decide to do this, please tell me what you want. As in, use this waypoint to go to here or get me past this part! If it involves a cut-scene I'll just direct you to your video directory in your game files!

I will be like a hawk on this thread if anyone decides to use me and my services! You know, so you can get your game back on track in an orderly manner.

While certainly it's a very generous offer, we don't know how far the problem persists. I'd hate to be uploading saved files and downloading saved files on a constant basis. Though other people may take you up on your offer.

And yes, your spoiler describes the point where I'm having issues.

I guess it's modern warfare 2 till a genuine fix comes out.

Last edited by make7ac; 10/11/09 10:38 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by make7ac

While certainly it's a very generous offer, we don't know how far the problem persists. I'd hate to be uploading saved files and downloading saved files on a constant basis. Though other people may take you up on your offer.

And yes, your spoiler describes the point where I'm having issues.

I guess it's modern warfare 2 till a genuine fix comes out.

It was worth the mention, until I figured out it just wouldn't work no matter how I tried it.

I guess this will give me time to clean up around the house; as much as I'd hate to commit to it.

Last edited by Mehale; 10/11/09 10:46 PM. Reason: Fixing errors overall
stranger
stranger
I have the same problem never ending loading screen like a Never ending Story

My PC

CPU: AMD Athlon x64 3000+ 2000Mhz (o/c = 3400+ 2400Mhz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 512MB GDDR3/128bit DX 10 and SM 4.0
RAM: DDR400 2x1024MB Elixir

And game don't wont to work. Game stop when i try New Game select a char click Accept then Yes load movie and when i see loading screen the Divinity2.exe crash

My notebook

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 2x1800Mhz
GPU: G-Force 7000M with 512MB DX 9.0 SM 3.0
RAM: DDR2 2048MB

And game work, but i wont play on my PC
I try install other driver to ATI Radeon on my PC and this not resolve crash Divinity2.exe

Some one can help me resolve this problem on ATI Radeon.

Last edited by 6ShadoW6; 14/11/09 01:51 PM.
veteran
veteran
Wait 'till the patch or some temporary solution from devs, that's he only thing you can do atm unfortunately

M
stranger
stranger
M
Hail all! I find a solution to the neverending load screen. Here my specs:

Biostar TPower I55
Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8Ghz (HT disable for frames up of course...)
NVIDIA GTX280 1024MB (latest 195.39 drivers)
Sounblaster Xi-Fi Fatal1ty Gamer Pro
G-Skill 2x2GB 1600MHz
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

I had the same issue that all of you: the neverending loading screen before leave the village. So, I change the following compatibility options in the properties of the game shortcut:

Set the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3
Turned on the option Disable Desktop Composition (for stability)

Done! It's surprises me that the loading screen to the next cutscene is incredibly fast...

P.S.: The stuttering problem I solved by enable the following option in game: Shadows Animation Update or something like that...

Last edited by McDullen; 15/11/09 09:12 PM.
M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by McDullen
Hail all! I find a solution to the neverending load screen. Here my specs:

Biostar TPower I55
Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8Ghz (HT disable for frames up of course...)
NVIDIA GTX280 1024MB (latest 195.39 drivers)
Sounblaster Xi-Fi Fatal1ty Gamer Pro
G-Skill 2x2GB 1600MHz
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

I had the same issue that all of you: the neverending loading screen before leave the village. So, I change the following compatibility options in the properties of the game shortcut:

Set the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3
Turned on the option Disable Desktop Composition (for stability)

Done! It's surprises me that the loading screen to the next cutscene is incredibly fast...

P.S.: The stuttering problem I solved by enable the following option in game: Shadows Animation Update or something like that...

Don't really see how any of this would help us. A few people are already running windows XP with service pack 3 (myself included).

So we can't switch compatibility or disable desktop composition. I guess if you are running Windows 7 or Vista give it a shot and see if it works.

Last edited by make7ac; 15/11/09 09:19 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Well, that's really sad. So, like the dude says: if you have this problems running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, that's the way! Peace and Love!

stranger
stranger
I try Run the game on Windows XP +SP2 on PC and nothing then i try on Windows 7 and still the same problem but if i load save game the game run but stop in here whem game try load cut scene.
[Linked Image]
and one thing, should there be a move in August with one hand on the path of an animated blue stripe and the center of the CD shown a Unfortunately, they are not there. But in my notebook and everything is OK. This game is not any agreement.

But When i run the game on notebook on Windows XP +SP2 game work fine

My PC

CPU: AMD Athlon x64 3000+ 2000Mhz (o/c = 3400+ 2400Mhz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 512MB GDDR3/128bit DX 10 and SM 4.0
RAM: DDR400 2x1024MB Elixir

And game don't wont to work. Game stop when i try New Game select a char click Accept then Yes load movie and when i see loading screen the Divinity2.exe crash

My notebook

CPU: AMD Athlon x2 2x1800Mhz
GPU: G-Force 7000M with 512MB DX 9.0 SM 3.0
RAM: DDR2 2048MB

And game work

and i find this on other web site

Support GPU:

ATI Radeon:
Nvidia GeForce:

Not support GPU:
ATI Radeon: x1600-x1950, series: HD2*, HD3*, HD4*, HD5*
Nvidia Geforce: 7600 and new, series: 8*, 9*, GTX
Intel - all model
VIA - all model
SIS - all model
Matrox - all model

It's that true?

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
The game is kind of fluky with what works and doesn't.

I think I may just try to get my money back and buy the NA version when it comes out since they usually have all the kinks worked out by then.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Can everyone having this problem please tell us what version they have ?

Russian ? Polish ? Benelux ?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi
Polish version
Pentium4 2,6 Ghz,windows xp service pack 3,radeon hd 2600 xt,2 gb ram
The same problem with loading after character creation.
Darek

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
Can everyone having this problem please tell us what version they have ?

Russian ? Polish ? Benelux ?

Spanish version
AMD 64 3200+, NVIDIA EN9800GTX+, 2gb RAM, Windows XP SP3
Latest drivers, direct X and PhysX installed

Also happens with Windows 7 and same hardware

Regards

K
stranger
stranger
K
Well i got the neverending loading screen when exiting farglow. But:

When i was in conversation with the npc just before leaving and i selected the option END when she was still talking (her last sentence before load) it worked and i could continue smile

I double checked this, when you dont press END: neverending loading screen. When pressing END (at her last sentence) all is well smile for me that is.

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Kasad
Well i got the neverending loading screen when exiting farglow. But:

When i was in conversation with the npc just before leaving and i selected the option END when she was still talking (her last sentence before load) it worked and i could continue smile

I double checked this, when you dont press END: neverending loading screen. When pressing END (at her last sentence) all is well smile for me that is.

I don't see what effect ending the dialogue would have...or why it would fix the problem. Are you sure it wasn't just a coincidence? Did you change anything else?

I feel silly for trying it, but I just did, and same issues.

K
stranger
stranger
K
The only other thing i did was installing the directx thats on the game cd, but really when i dont press END i get stuck in the loading screen.

And i dont mean the END button but the End option in the conversation

Last edited by Kasad; 16/11/09 09:45 PM.
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard