Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
veteran
veteran
Confirmed on Russian retail release too.

Looks like all releases, except a German one suffers from the same issues.

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Kasad
The only other thing i did was installing the directx thats on the game cd, but really when i dont press END i get stuck in the loading screen.

And i dont mean the END button but the End option in the conversation

Yea...I used the End option.

And I installed the Direct X located in the installation folder as well quite awhile ago and neither seemed to make any difference.

Anywho, as Kein said, this has been confirmed on all releases except for the German one.

stranger
stranger
i have English ver. Divinity 2

configuration computer

My PC

CPU: AMD Athlon x64 3000+ 2000Mhz (o/c = 3400+ 2400Mhz)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 512MB GDDR3/128bit DX 10 and SM 4.0
RAM: DDR400 2x1024MB Elixir

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you all for the information.

To get to the bottom of this problem, we need to have more information. We are still unable to reproduce it on any of our machines here.

Could someone do the following:
(this is quite technical and at your own risk, so if you do not know what you are doing, please don't).

> install the directx SDK (feb 2007). Link here : Directx SDK
> After installation you should have a DirectX submenu added to the start menu. Please open the DirectX Control Panel under the DirectX Utilities.
> Set the following values in the Direct3D tab : Debug output level 4, Use debug version of Direct3D, set maximum validation ON, set break on D3D error ON. See screenshot for correct settings.
> download debugview. link here : debugview
> Start up debugview before the game, this will catch all the debug information from Directx that the game is using.
> when you have encountered the problem in div2 (loading screen never ends), save the debugview output to a txt file and send it to kenzo[at]larian.com together with a dxdiag.txt.
(to make a dxdiag.txt simply do start > run > dxdiag and then "save all information")

enthusiast
enthusiast
You can also try to install the Nvidia Perfhud drivers and see if you still have the problem. This would also provide us with more info to tackle the problem.

link here : perfhud

stranger
stranger
I wont show one SS when i see loading screen i don't see on him two things
Animation CD on central
and move bars side to side
Game runing on ATI RADEON HD 2600 XT 512MB GDDR3/128Bit graphics card on pciE and AMD Athlon x64 3000+

[Linked Image]

But when i run game on notebook a see all on loading screen
notebook have G-Force 7000M graphics card and AMD Athlon x2 2x1800Mhz

even tried to reinstall the drivers for the ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, and even that did not help. I have the latest drivers from ATI 9.10. PhysX is NVIDIA. All other games are working properly Dragon Age: Orgins, Risen and others also work very well. To your game does not use any pirated copies, and perhaps give your product and management of a refund. Because it is unthinkable to a lot of wasted time and nerves. To find any meaningful solution for suspending the game during which any charge. The game only works by loading a saved game. nothing else remains, but after some time the problem reappears. The problem shows up again just before the first change in the dragon.

and for some this is not the wine of my computer drivers and your game just as English is one word, is underdeveloped and not tested on most graphics cards.

M
stranger
stranger
M
OK for all of you that have this error ,, i had it too ,, i may have found a solution ,,, i also got the loading screen and when i finally got bored of waiting i accidentally hit a key .. dunno which one was but suddenly !! omg :O the game continued and now the loading screen always works !!

try the middle ones , ( letters , space bar ,, try all that it may work !! worked for me ,, im using win 7 x64 ) hope u get as lucky as me ,, im playing with 1440 x 900 high settings and working fine.

good luck.!

M
make7ac Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by marambaia
OK for all of you that have this error ,, i had it too ,, i may have found a solution ,,, i also got the loading screen and when i finally got bored of waiting i accidentally hit a key .. dunno which one was but suddenly !! omg :O the game continued and now the loading screen always works !!

try the middle ones , ( letters , space bar ,, try all that it may work !! worked for me ,, im using win 7 x64 ) hope u get as lucky as me ,, im playing with 1440 x 900 high settings and working fine.

good luck.!

I can't help but feel a lot of the "solutions" posted lately are people just trying to get us to waste our time. Either that, or extremely odd coincidences.

D
stranger
stranger
D
I was tracking this thread for days now, didnt reply because at the begining I was very angry and I might write something very, very bad. Angry because in my country I must pay 1/5 of my salary for any game wich I have done. Why? Because I was hoping that I will receive some support for some bugs that will MUST appear (and that is a case with all games of German developers wich I have encountered so far - Sacred (both games), Gothic (all parts), Divinity (first part).
Anyway here is some configuration wich I have tested...
- single core AMD processors (AMD64 and AMD core duo) both with GF9800GT with 1gb) - game DOES'T WORK
- AMD AM2+ Phenom x4 940 3,0GHz with ATI Radeon EAH4850 1GB GDDR3 HDMI - game WORKS
In all cases I tested my English version of game.
So I belive (from my above experience) that if you test a game on combination of AMD single core and GF9800gt you will get this unwanted result. (this is statement for Larian QA who are trying to help us and his statement that they can't reproduce this effect on their machines)
Sorry for my bad English and I hope that you will find solution soon...

veteran
veteran
So I belive (from my above experience) that if you test a game on combination of AMD single core and GF9800gt you will get this unwanted result.

No, happens on Intel's too.

I hope that you will find solution soon...

They will if you help them. Read previous QA-team post.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Yeah I know that this happens on intels, just suggest configuration wich they can try...
And I have try perfhud, got some error during instalation, but finished installation - game still don't work but that may be because of that error... Second option wasnt try because I have recently some problems with computer and I have installed XP for about 10 times so I don't want to mess things again specially because I have installed Fallout 3 and Oblivion with about 200 mods smile...

Forget to say that I was tested a game on XP (all 3 computers)

Last edited by darky; 18/11/09 12:36 AM.
stranger
stranger
I have the exact same problem at the same spot in the game. After the avatar and movie with the river and ship..
I'm not that good with computers so I'm not sure if it's smart to do what Larian_QA asks... I'll try to find someone who knows what is it that you want us to do and I'll send it.

To play this game I already had to buy a new cdplayer because my old one didn't recognize my game-cd. And I had to buy a new graphics card because my old one didn't support the shader 3.0

So, after all this effort I'd love my game to work :p

D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by McDullen
Hail all! I find a solution to the neverending load screen. Here my specs:

Biostar TPower I55
Intel Core i7 860 @ 3.8Ghz (HT disable for frames up of course...)
NVIDIA GTX280 1024MB (latest 195.39 drivers)
Sounblaster Xi-Fi Fatal1ty Gamer Pro
G-Skill 2x2GB 1600MHz
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

I had the same issue that all of you: the neverending loading screen before leave the village. So, I change the following compatibility options in the properties of the game shortcut:

Set the compatibility to Windows XP Service Pack 3
Turned on the option Disable Desktop Composition (for stability)

Done! It's surprises me that the loading screen to the next cutscene is incredibly fast...

This worked for me too. Im also running the game on Windows 7 x64 so it might be only a viable solution for us.

Last edited by Dyshamir; 19/11/09 04:34 PM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Originally Posted by Larian_QA
You can also try to install the Nvidia Perfhud drivers and see if you still have the problem. This would also provide us with more info to tackle the problem.

Installed, but still the same issue.

So far loading issue happened:

* after ladybird scene after character creation. Had to pass with savegame transfer.
* when done in Farglow and after talking to the DS to go to broken valley. Second time no issue anymore.
* scene with the last DK Talana doesn't start, just load screen. Had to pass with sg transfer.
* broken valley - derelict tunnels, the first stepstone that teleports you back to the start of the tunnel(not the goblin/tower exit), loading issue again. Had to fix with savegame transfer.
* broken valley - derelict tunnels, the stepstone that teleports you to the goblin exit, loading issue again. had to fix with savegame.
* whenever I try to use a waypoint shrine.

No issues:

* scenes in and around Lovis Tower.
* scenes with the magician popping up, summoning hostile goblins/demon (Belephor or something)
* scenes with the house selling man.
* scene of the "daylight robbery".
* scene with the dying miner.

I'll perhaps try the debugging thingie later, I was hoping to get some logs from perfHUD, but nothing there it seems frown. Or I just don't know how it works.

D
stranger
stranger
D
So no one do anything about all this... Nice!!!

M
stranger
stranger
M
i have returned the game Fuck Larian Studios this problem is from the release of the game and no one is doing anything about it

Support
Support

So Tuesday Larian posts requesting people experiencing this problem try a couple things to get additional information so they can fix a problem they have been unable to reproduce. By not isolating and fixing the problem, then testing releasing a patch in the next three days it means they are not doing anything???

D
stranger
stranger
D
Sorry, I don't speak English so good, so I don't understand what you want to say.

Btw, I put my above post, among other reasons, to keep thread at top :), and urge them to solve this problem...

A
stranger
stranger
A
I'm not sure if I have had the same issue but I was locked on a loading screen for what seemed an eternity and then found this page. I tried popping the DVD in and out (thinking copy protection gremlin) but that did not seem to work. However just a few seconds after going back to presing random keys on the keyboard the number 8 key on the keypad seemed to release the issue.

CPU: Pentium Quad Core Q6600
GPU: Raedon 4870

Hope that helps folks and Larian with this nasty glitch.

Cyteen out

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Larian_QA

You says install nVidia . Why you dont tell what install to ATI i try install new drivers from ATI 9.11 but i can't this driver restart my PC

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard