Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392891 19/11/09 09:41 PM
S
Sammyw Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
I have to kill Svadilfari, I found him, but when I got him to about 75% of his health, he runs off!
WTF? Where did he run too ?

Sammyw #392894 19/11/09 09:46 PM
Outside of the cave.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
DeviRyuuD #392902 19/11/09 09:56 PM
S
Sammyw Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
S
Hmm, I went outside, but he's not there ??

I'll do a reload and see if that changes things...

Thanks!

Sammyw #395050 09/12/09 03:42 AM
apprentice
apprentice
He flies away and will attack you anytime you come back to the area as a dragon. I'm finding him very hard to kill, myself. Kills me fast, and heals himself very well.

dracone #395059 09/12/09 07:37 AM
old hand
old hand
I didn't even kill him with dragon form. Once get outside, my necromantic pet kill it with lvl9 or lvl10 magic blast lol. Even gain 10% extra exp through wisdom.

ACSS #395062 09/12/09 07:43 AM
apprentice
apprentice
That's nuts wharn he's so hard to kill as a dragon. I may not be able to finish the game without a creature, but I'm trying. Necromancers fully creep me out. wink

dracone #395067 09/12/09 07:55 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by dracone
That's nuts wharn he's so hard to kill as a dragon. I may not be able to finish the game without a creature, but I'm trying. Necromancers fully creep me out. wink

Even in dragon form, its not that hard to take him down. Shoot him with fire sphere and chase up to him and use fire breath while your fire sphere in cool down and can pretty much take it down easily. Did you invest any points in your dragon skill? If you find it tough, maybe lvl up few more lvl and come back for him later. Dont tell me you dont even had your pet yet even you in fjords now? The necromantic pet is a very important companion that helps alot through out the adventure. You can choose not to learn summons but not having the necromantic pet or utilizing it is really a pretty silly move.

Last edited by ACSS; 09/12/09 07:56 AM.
ACSS #395071 09/12/09 08:06 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I haven't invested enough in my shields. I'm going to fix that now. Either that or I'm just not all that good at dragon fighting. If that's it, I'll just have to get better. smile

It's only silly if I can't do it. The fight in Aleroth was pretty exciting all by myself. wink

Last edited by dracone; 09/12/09 08:08 AM.
dracone #395075 09/12/09 08:14 AM
old hand
old hand
I haven't invested enough in my shields. I'm going to fix that now. Either that or I'm just not all that good at dragon fighting. If that's it, I'll just have to get better. smile

It's only silly if I can't do it. The fight in Aleroth was pretty exciting all by myself. wink

Maybe you just enjoy being gang rape lol :hihi: . There is reason why the creature exist in the game. I enjoy my pet very much as it has no duration limit like summons. When you met case when more than 10 enemies ganging you, you will treasure the pet more

ACSS #395079 09/12/09 08:23 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Uh, y'know joking about rape isn't very funny.

Back to talking about fighting.... Killing ten at a time doesn't even cause a sweat. So far, not having a creature hasn't been any big deal at all. Perfectly doable. The only places I'm having a problem are in dragon form, and that's because I didn't level them evenly. I think that should stop being a problem as soon as I build up my shield and healing capabilities a bit. I maxed out offensive skills at the expense of defense.

dracone #395084 09/12/09 08:37 AM
old hand
old hand

Back to talking about fighting.... Killing ten at a time doesn't even cause a sweat. So far, not having a creature hasn't been any big deal at all. Perfectly doable. The only places I'm having a problem are in dragon form, and that's because I didn't level them evenly. I think that should stop being a problem as soon as I build up my shield and healing capabilities a bit. I maxed out offensive skills at the expense of defense.

Basically I do agree I dont have much problem being gang in fjords even though alone, especially when you are over level comparing the mob. I not sure you had clear Baal's cave or not but that the only place I feel slight tough when facing those black ring archer with similiar level. Its no joke when 6 to 7 archers gang you with stun and poison non stop, where there are others like summoners, healer and fighters around and their lvl is bout lvl 27 -28 where you are at lvl28.

So far I dont find any trouble with dragon form, and to be honest, I havent actually level up any dragon skill at all. I still have bout 21 to 22 points of unused dragon skill points. All its matters is how you control and apply your tactics while playing in dragon form.

I had clear entire broken valley with all lvl 1 skill in dragon form. Fjords quests had all been done. Now going to move up Aleroth, then follow by the 4 flyign fotress.

Last edited by ACSS; 09/12/09 08:39 AM.
ACSS #395085 09/12/09 08:45 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by ACSS

Basically I do agree I dont have much problem being gang in fjords even though alone, especially when you are over level comparing the mob. I not sure you had clear Baal's cave or not but that the only place I feel slight tough when facing those black ring archer with similiar level. Its no joke when 6 to 7 archers gang you with stun and poison non stop, where there are others like summoners, healer and fighters around and their lvl is bout lvl 27 -28 where you are at lvl28.

So far I dont find any trouble with dragon form, and to be honest, I havent actually level up any dragon skill at all. I still have bout 21 to 22 points of unused dragon skill points. All its matters is how you control and apply your tactics while playing in dragon form.

I had clear entire broken valley with all lvl 1 skill in dragon form. Fjords quests had all been done. Now going to move up Aleroth, then follow by the 4 flyign fotress.

It was the reference to rape I found inappropriate, not what you were trying to say about the fights. I'm sure this will be much more difficult, maybe impossible, but it's worth a try if only to know if it can be done.

Regarding the dragon stuff, I'm starting to think that my dragon skills kind of suck. Haven't done any of the fortresses--just starting that now. I'm sure dying enough times will improve my skills eventually. wink

dracone #395087 09/12/09 08:53 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ACSS

It was the reference to rape I found inappropriate, not what you were trying to say about the fights. I'm sure this will be much more difficult, maybe impossible, but it's worth a try if only to know if it can be done.

Regarding the dragon stuff, I'm starting to think that my dragon skills kind of suck. Haven't done any of the fortresses--just starting that now. I'm sure dying enough times will improve my skills eventually. wink

I sure there will be tougher fight later, which I think will be starting from the flying fortress I guess, since I havent been there yet as well, as I trying to clear all available quest in the map 1st before approaching them. Playing as melee, the only trouble which I consider is what had been mentioned above, being gang by archers, where its really horrible when I am stun and not able to perform any action at all. The rest is pretty easy to settle without much trouble charging in the enemy group so far.

As regarding dragon form, I dont actually find much trouble even with low level skill. When I find my hp drops very fast, I just fly off the enemy firing range and recover. And I always take down catapults firse since there always more of them compare to those flying enemies, follow by the nest if there is any.

ACSS #398100 04/01/10 04:23 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I went to kill Svadilfari and while he does become hostile after the dialogue, the rest of the goblins surrounding him just stand there. I guess this is done so you don't get mobbed by 15 goblins but it seems very illogical that even goblins would stand by and watch as you tried to kill their leader. Anyway, he runs away, I follow and the merchant goblin does attack but stops when he is down to half health just letting me kill him. I suppose this is good because he dropped 17 greater healing potions which have become a precious commodity to me. Then I proceed to the exit and the same thing happens with the "doorman" goblin. I go outside, take dragon form and kill Svadilfari with 3 level 4 Dragon Spheres. I'm level 25 and he suddenly became 26 when flying after being 24 in the cave so I was expecting a tougher fight. The whole thing just felt glitchy. This happen to anyone else?

Last edited by Killbomb; 04/01/10 04:27 AM.
Killbomb #398112 04/01/10 08:17 AM
apprentice
apprentice
This happen to anyone else?

The game bugged in your favor, those goblins should have all attack you once you deside to kill Svadilafari.

TonZa #398120 04/01/10 09:18 AM
old hand
old hand
Indeed the goblins should gang you by default. But even though they gang up, its not actually tough at all. That was pretty much an easy battle. But this game is really quite buggy. Remember to save more often to prevent shit happens.

Last edited by ACSS; 04/01/10 09:19 AM.
TonZa #398137 04/01/10 10:13 AM
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by TonZa
This happen to anyone else?

The game bugged in your favor, those goblins should have all attack you once you deside to kill Svadilafari.

I met another quest related goblin later and he did the same thing...attacked once then stood there. Got an achievement for killing him too and didn't really feel like I earned it. I am strange that way I guess. Hate to have something bug out so I can get by without doing what I was supposed to do. Anyway, maybe after killing so many, all goblins just freeze in fear at the sight of me now. laugh

Killbomb #398143 04/01/10 10:37 AM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
I got his health to about 25% then he fled. I went outside, used Fire Sphere and Dragon Burst, and he died :P

"Never Try, Never Fail."
SoulWing #437985 05/02/11 09:10 AM
D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Guys - what is better to do? To kill the Goblin leader and get a reward from the soldier or to kill the soldier and get a goblin reward? IM GREEDY! D lol-only in rpgs I am

THIS GAME IS GREAT!!
DivineMAGE #437986 05/02/11 09:33 AM
Support
Support

I did the quest both ways (having saved before entering the cave), and then reloaded to kill the goblin leader (the quest reward is better, and killing Aurelius is a tad evil).
Svadilfari will just attack you after you complete his quest, and has no reward for you, except the chests that you can loot either way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard