Print Thread
#392739 18/11/09 10:01 PM
A
armagan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
I'm having a few problems with the game and I'd appreciate any info. I searched forums but couldn't find any info except maybe one. Are any of these problems have solutions:

- Stuttering. Game stutters/lags while having constant 60fps. There's no/low HDD activity. English topics about this didn't have much info.
- Anti-aliasing. It's enabled in the options but not in game.
- V-sync. No idea how to enable this one.

Thanks.

stranger
stranger
I'm having the same problems myself. Even the menu is "shocky?".
I really hope they can fix it with a patch or allready have
somewhat of an idea on how to solve the problem.

Running:

Athlon64 4600+ 2.40 GHz
EN260GTX
3.00GB RAM
Windows 7 x86

Last edited by $ethicus; 18/11/09 11:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
Enable following options in "Graphics" tab:

* Timeslice animation update
* Shadows animation update

If these are enabled - try to play with them, like disable 1st but left enabled 2nd or vice versa or disable all.

A
armagan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Kein
Enable following options in "Graphics" tab:

* Timeslice animation update
* Shadows animation update

If these are enabled - try to play with them, like disable 1st but left enabled 2nd or vice versa or disable all.

I tried all combinations with those two and none helped. It looks like to me that there's some kind of frame skipping.

As for AA and v-sync, I overriden/forced them on nVidia control panel but they didn't work. v-sync may could be working but with all this skipping I can't be sure sad

G
apprentice
apprentice
G
Use D3doverrider utility that comes with the RivaTuner. It's a small but much useful program that enables Vertical Sync and Third Buffer in Direct3d games including Divinity 2. With this program screen tearing problem that I encountered in the games ended without any frame drop.

stranger
stranger
Tanks for the quick response guys! Playing around with timeslice and shadows animation update didnt work. I'm now going to try the rivatuner thingy.

edit: It doesnt work for me but to be honest I dont really have a clue of what i'm doing :P

Last edited by $ethicus; 19/11/09 04:39 PM.
A
armagan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks Gokyabgu.

Is there a German patch that fixes stuttering? Should I wait for English one? Game is completely unplayable for me in this state.

Support
Support

The 1.02 German patch should already be integrated into the English release. In any case, you can not mix game/patch language versions.

veteran
veteran
This helped me reduce the stuttering, but I'm afraid I shall have to wait till I have a more actual machine:

- rolled back geforce drivers to 182.50
- disabled hdr

timeslicing hasn't had any effect what combo I try

I run on a AMD64 X2 4200+
+ geforce 8800 GT
+ 4GB RAM (PC6400, speed is as important as quantity)
+ win7 x64

The game is playable, but frustratingly, lowering other graphical settings has little effect.

It's one of these days...
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
The last version of the game is 1,02. The 1,02 patch can be found on the internet. English version includes 1,02 patch. So, no need to patch the game for english versions.

By the way, for vsync, install Rivatuner, there is no need to run Rivatuner. Just run the D3doverrider that can be found in the Rivatuner program directory. It's a small program, and you can adjust it to start always automatically at the Windows start. Third buffer prevents frame drops that stem from the Vysnc. But, enabling third buffer needs extra memory on your graphic card. So, at least 512 mb ram must be on your graphic card to play Divinity 2 without any performance lost with vsync. Once d3doverrider is activated, you will hear a small Windows sound everytime you enter a game. This means the program is active and working.

stranger
stranger
hey thanks Gokyabgu, the game is a bit more playable now but its still not what you would expect from my pc. Its almost like i'm playing on my old single core again :P Its a shame that I cant play the game the way the designers intended it to be played.

A
armagan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu
The last version of the game is 1,02. The 1,02 patch can be found on the internet. English version includes 1,02 patch. So, no need to patch the game for english versions.

By the way, for vsync, install Rivatuner, there is no need to run Rivatuner. Just run the D3doverrider that can be found in the Rivatuner program directory. It's a small program, and you can adjust it to start always automatically at the Windows start. Third buffer prevents frame drops that stem from the Vysnc. But, enabling third buffer needs extra memory on your graphic card. So, at least 512 mb ram must be on your graphic card to play Divinity 2 without any performance lost with vsync. Once d3doverrider is activated, you will hear a small Windows sound everytime you enter a game. This means the program is active and working.

Thanks.

So there's no 1.03 German patch. I do hope English 1.03 will help with this problem..

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard