Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
i just got inside maxos temple and got a cutscene with zandalor. he said something which concerned me slightly...

he made it sound that after i go through the temple, i got straight to another area called sentinel island and the battle tower back from the necromancer laiken.

i havent fully explored broken valley yet and i dont want to miss out on anything, and also really dont want to go to any new area without finishing up most things in the current area.

can someone shed some *not to spoiler heavy* light on things?

D
stranger
stranger
D
Dno, I started temple at lvl 12,
there s lvl 13 mobs spawning,
but you can always leave, once you are through the first room there will be a waypoint shrine. There will be another one deeper, right before Amdusias. Also gates always open again after finish business. Just save often enough and you will be fine. It's quite obvious Maxos temple is something "big", should ring a bell to save game before entering smile.

What I did in short:
I for one was lvl 13 when I could encounter Amdusias, but it was too difficult, always one-shot me with his magic.

So I decided to finish some side quest n kill some things I didn't kill yet in Broken Valley.
Got me to lvl 15 as I was hoping for. Got me the very powerful boost on magic blast (lvl4), got me hide in shadows and fire wall lvl 1.

Killed Amdusias without getting hit :o, magic blast (stuns him a bit), jump backward(so I'm out of "sight") n wait a bit, hide, run forward next to him, wait a bit(cooldown magic blast leftovers), firewall and magic blast, that did it ^^.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
i also entered the temple at level 12, but i havent been any further in broken valley than a cutscene at the quarry area.
i found the black ring soldiers near there quite hard so i left and went towards maxos.

im past the first shrine, and have entered the eternal maze so i cant go back to broken valley yet because there isnt a teleport shrine anywhere in site and i dont think i can go back the way i came to the first one.

as for the enemies. the skeletons in armour werent that hard, i find that creature you can summon works wonders as a decoy for their attacks, although hes useless in the eternal maze because he always gets trapped behind doors when they close. smirk

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard