Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
veteran
veteran
Suggestion to install a PerfHUD tool package is NOT a solution for the problem. It's a tool to examine the problem and possible issue.
As for ATI, you still can get feedback from DX debug tools.

M
stranger
stranger
M
I did the same ,stuck on Loading screen and then just hit 8 on numeric pad and then it loaded up .

Thanks for the info.

AMD Quad Core
ATI 4600

P.S I have the english version.

D
stranger
stranger
D
None of these "fixes" fixes my loading... Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. I think the compatibility/desktop composition fix only works for win7?
My fix is still using my laptop and savegames to get passed it frown.

Waypoint shrine usually gets stuck, but seems I did manage to use it from maxos temple crypt one to lovis tower one.
None of the belegar cut scenes get me stuck.
Most loading issues seem to have to do when changing (drastically) from location.
Always had loading issue in maxos temple going from one floor/section to the other, but the cutscenes with the summonings and other stuff(library/amdusias/damian), and teleportation inside same room, no issue.
Trying to use teleport to Sentinel Island, issue again.
Opening doors/gates? no issues.
Laiken/bandit camp scenes, no issues.
Going Orobas fjord no issue.
Maybe I should start to write it down :c.

Figured how to run the game with perfHud now, but don't know how it will help, if the loading gets stuck I cant use it anymore either to save the log, and it doesn't seem to automatically log anything. Maybe some guidelines would help, I read the pdf but doesn't make me much wiser, or I'm doing nothing wrong and it is just not possible of course :o.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thanks to the members who supplied us with info on perfhud and directx in debug mode. It has been a step forward but the cause of the problem is not known yet.

We are looking into getting a PC that already has the problem.

In the meanwhile, a suggestion from someone from our engine team:
Can anyone try to turn on/off the "cool and quiet" option in the BIOS to see if this helps?

FYI: "Cool 'n' Quiet is a feature in AMD Athlon 64 that reduces the working frequency and Vcore when the processor is not under heavy load in order to lower the heat dissipation."

I will keep you posted if any other progress, though a solution seems to be close now.

L
stranger
stranger
L
Followed the 'cool and quiet' suggestion, mine was already disabled when I had the loading problem, just enabled it now and still the same, hangs on the loading screen

apprentice
apprentice
Hi!
I have the same problem with the infinite load screen just after the ship and river movie.

In all previous load screens i can't see any moving icon or progress bar, that is right or i was supossed to see some moving thing there?

I have a realy cheap and slow configuration here:

Processor: Intel Celeron 420 1.6Ghz
Memory: 2Gb DDR2
MotherBoard: PCChips P17G/1333
VGA: GeForce 8600GT 256Mb DDR3 PCI-E

Programs installed, as see in Unistall Programs in Control Panel:
7-Zip 4.65
Adobe Flash Player Plugin
Adobe Reader 9.2 - Portuguese
AVG Free 9.0
Blender
Circuit Maker 6 Student
Far Cray 2
ffdshow [rev 3078][2009-09-17]
IDT Audio Driver
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Objects
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition with SP1 - ENU
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17
Microsoft Windows SDK for Visual Studio 2008 Headers and Libraries
Microsoft Windows SDK for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Express Tools for .NET Framework - enu
Microsoft Windows SDK for Visual Studio 2008 SP1 Express Tools for Win32
MilkShape 3D 1.8.4
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.15)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK
NVIDIA Drivers
NVIDIA nView Desktop Manager
NVIDIA PhysX
OpenAL
PunkBuster Services
Phyton 2.6.2
Real Alternative 1.7.5
SQL Server System CLR Types
Uninstall trueSpace7.61 Beta 8
Unreal Development Kit: 2009-11-2
Wings 3D 1.0.2

As you can see its almost a clean WinXP instalation, just installed basic prograns like 7Zip and ffdshow, then Nvidia drivers version 191.07, IDT sound drivers, Visual Studio 2008 Express and some 3d modeling prograns, FarCray 2 is the only game i installed.

Using the save file provided in this post, i was able to play the game, but i prefer wait until a patch is released because as the users said it will crash again in other part of the game.

I have here a disk of Windows Vista 32Bit and a empty 80Gb Sata hard disk, i'll try to install win vista using that hd to test if the game works with the same hardware but using different windows version.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Thank you both for the information.

I'll keep you posted if more news.

A
stranger
stranger
A
Larian could you check my major Resolution bug thread and also pass that issue along due to many people setting there Resolution to there native monitor Resolution but the game has a bug where in the config it says a different resolution

Hey,

I got Divinity 2 on my Xbox 360. I have run into a frozen loading screen. I got a couple of saves, which I tried numerous time to load. First, the bar in the middle of the screen moves from the left to the right and back again, but after some time, it freezes. The Guide doesn't respond either when I press the Guide Button on my controller.
I have installed the game to my HDD, but it doesn't change a thing. The game still gets stuck in the loading screen.
Does anybody know if there is something I can do about this?
Thanks.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
apprentice
apprentice
Stuck on the loading screen here, too. AU release, so it would seem this occurs across many versions. I managed to get past it eventually (leaving Farglow to go to Broken Valley) by interrupting Rhode's voiceover with the [END] key.

AU release, Windows Vista, Intel C2D 2.4ghz, 4Gb RAM, nVidia 8600GT-M.

Stuff @ RPGWatch https://www.rpgwatch.com/
stranger
stranger
I'll concur with Willlem up there. I got the 360 version through the post today.

I experienced the loading screen bug when I first left Farglow after becoming a Slayer. I had been playing from the disc. I decided to install it on the 360 hard drive and low and behold when I tried it again - I got the pretty cutscene this time. It's not happened since so far. Let's hope it doesn't again. Looks like a few saves might be in order though. wink

Decent game though, well done Larian.

He thinks again....
Well, my game didn't stuck after a conversation with Rhode. My game got stuck after 30+ hours of playing the game! Reloaded an older save, that one worked, so had to catch up on 1 hour of gameplay or something. No big deal, just a shame the bug is in there!

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
O
stranger
stranger
O
Had a problem with loading screen after you leave the tutorial village and talk with the npcs at the ship. The loading screen never went away, and just kept "loading" forever. Changing screen resolution from my default 1680x1050 to 640x480 let me get past the screen. (Same thing solved my problem with getting stuck at npc infront of village first time you go there).

win7 64bit, i7 920, 6gb ram, ati radeon 4670 with 512mb video memory.

H
stranger
stranger
H
some computer pros in another forum already found the problem and solution

the reason for infinitive loading is that the registry is changed to English(or w/e the language is) but everything else is still in German.

However, it takes quite a while to fix everything.

i encountered this problem as well. but i ran out of patient and closed the program.

and then i tried it again. after 15 mins of loading, the game went on again.

i encountered this problem again yesterday in the battle tower. but the loading lasted 8 hours this time and still loading.

Last edited by he_kod; 26/11/09 12:32 AM.
Y
stranger
stranger
Y
Try changing your codecs.
I had K-lite codecs pack before and after I chandged it with Ace Mega codecs pack 603 it worked perfectly.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by he_kod
some computer pros in another forum already found the problem and solution
the reason for infinitive loading is that the registry is changed to English(or w/e the language is) but everything else is still in German.

Don't mess an issue discussed here with "language hack" issue, you have no clue what are you talking about.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Yosavage1
Try changing your codecs.
I had K-lite codecs pack before and after I chandged it with Ace Mega codecs pack 603 it worked perfectly.

The only codec i have installed here is ffdshow codec, it's not even a "codec pack". But i configured it to don't be used inside Divinity 2, and no change, the load problem continues.

apprentice
apprentice
I found the fix.
I changed the crack that is available
It is working for me.

Last edited by ForkTong; 30/11/09 09:12 AM. Reason: Removed link to crack
stranger
stranger
Why is there still people that think this problem is the way their PC is set up?

It happens on the 360 version. It's a random bug in the game code. There is no real fix. It's down to Larian to fix their code.

Is there likely to be a 360 patch for this game?

He thinks again....
enthusiast
enthusiast
It was never said that the problem with the ending dialog of rhode in the tutorial (xbox) is the same problem as the never ending loading screen after the ladybug movie(aka the older amd problem). Ladybug movie problem is persistent and continues on any pc that presents with the problem.

These are two completely different problems as far as we are concerned.

The one where you leave the tutorial and have to "skip" through the dialog with rhode is a onetime specific bug to that dialog and the following loadscreen/movie.

I can't confirm any patches on any platform yet. All i can say is that we are aware of the problems and looking into them. If a solution is possible, then of course we will provide it.

Last edited by Larian_QA; 26/11/09 11:44 PM.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard