Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Except Mass Effect is a Bioware game as well. I haven't noticed any egregious abuses of Executive Meddling on EA's part when it comes to Bioware's games.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Gotta say i,m also dissapointed with the ending. Not because damain is now killing everyone & stuff

But now i cant kill himmmm! >:'[

Its probably gonna take 1-2 years before part 3 comes out i guess

But i,m seriously going to buy it!........ and kick its ass!

D
stranger
stranger
D
Just beat the game... I am so pissed.

I know that so many people rage about the ending. and im not trying to be one of them, dont get me wrong. An "evil" ending is really refreshing, and id love it... if it didnt just Spring on you. i mean. its like, the ENTIER game your going thru doing all this shit, desperatly trying to save the world. and your at the end "Now we can save the world" then in the last 3 minutes they hit you with "guess what, you fail".

Good endings are cliche, but wouldve fit MUCH better here. negative endings like this dont fit right if either A theres not an OPTION to have this ending. like theres the good or evil ending. or B, if at least theyd give SOME kind of idea that its a possability through the game other than sheer guesswork, and the ending was longer than 3 minutes.

seriously, killed divine. "allright, saved the world." then i see some crystal "Divine: hey guess what, you got fucked"

Damien: now we kill everyone.

30 second random zepplin fight scene, the end.

Its just... dissapointing. Not that the type of ending is bad, but the excecution was absolutely terrible.

*rages more*

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Pyrion
Originally Posted by scalla
Actually, I like the end because that's not the one you would expect.
This doesn't seem like enough justification to me for pulling a Twist Ending out of left field. And let's be perfectly clear on this - there is no foreshadowing whatsoever that leads up to the twist. That's a necessity to make it believable - there has to be something to look back upon and say "yeah, this makes sense," without having to invoke any sort of Fridge Logic to explain it away. What we've instead been dealt is a Shocking Swerve ending, a Twist Ending thrown in at the end simply for the sake of having one, which drags the whole thing into Wall Banger territory.

Originally Posted by scalla
That made me to think about the whole plot and what should have made the DK aware of his mistakes. About Talana that wasn't a ghost but was speaking to us throught death. About how she was in a hurry. She was so sarcastic in her coments... but at the same time, she congratulates him and allays suspicion.

That's Fridge Logic for ya, but even then it doesn't work, cuz there's no prior indication that who we're hearing isn't Talana. Even the Big Bad doesn't see it coming, he's as stunned as we are.

+1
You put it better than I could have.
Your constantly rewarded in the game for doing big jobs.. This was just another job, and the way things normally go,you'd be rewarded for all of your trials and tribulations. The ending we got was well its like having the ground yanked out from under you.

Last edited by SeriousBusiness; 10/01/10 10:55 PM. Reason: Fix quote

"What is the opportunity that lay in this situation?" -Core
P
apprentice
apprentice
P
Quite. The ending in this game could be summarized as getting berated by this game's version of God with Not So Fast Bucko, Failure Is The Only Option, Nice Job Breaking It Hero, with the realization dumped on the poor player's lap that he's been carrying the Idiot Ball this whole time (which is further jarring when you bear in mind that up to this point, the player character is portrayed as being EXTREMELY Genre Savvy). Seriously, read those links, and you've got the game's ending nailed. How anyone can possibly find this satisfying is beyond me.

C
stranger
stranger
C
But here's the problems I have with this ending.
1. All the epic and legendary loot that dropped in the halls of echos that I will never get to use.
2. I just gave 20+ hours to the hardest game I have ever played, learned tons of spells I planned on using after defeating Damian, and did a ton of quests, only to lose in the end. And my closest save was about 8 hours ago. I saved over my recent one after I killed the divine so I could have a safe point if Zandalor killed me.

To be honest, the ending took away any desire of mine to play it again, what's the point? I'll just die and lose everything in the end anyways.

D
stranger
stranger
D
i dont have a problem with a "you lose" ending. its unique. not many people do it. and its a fun twist.

its NOT fun, when theres absolutely no reason to expect it. and its rushed on you literally in the last 60 seconds of the game. its like they made all the game. then were like "Oh wait, we forgot the ending" "eh, you got an hour, throw something together"

there was absolutely NO EFFORT put into it at all.

that. and i can understand how she tricked the main character. but how is she tricking like, that ultra mega mage, whos like. all knowing and shit. he should know damn well reviving her wont kill damian. as damian was alive when she was alive, and was STILL alive when she died... seems like a major plothole

old hand
old hand
I'd like to have seen how your character becomes frozen in that crystal.

By the end of the game you are almost godlike in power yet you get screwed over by that hag.

Also, the hag was beheaded by the Divine, yet her corpse wasn't headless when she wakes up.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Willlem
Anyway, the ending did NOT disappoint me, it was a surprise!

Despide I'm still enjoying D II all over again, so I'm sure people call me a big Larian fan :D, I'm still disappointed with the ending!
Where is the "sense" of whole story? Maybe I don't see it? Possible! Hope Someone of Larian can give more clearly comments about this more than surprized ending!!

Short: I was surprised AND disappointed!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard