Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#394638 05/12/09 11:35 AM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hi all,

I just wanted to give you the update on the next patch. The US release contains a number of fixes and improvements, based upon your feedback, and the new patch has been derived from that. It's currently in QA but as the game is pretty big and they need to test it against all the different language versions and both platforms, it might still take a bit of time before it's released, but we're trying to get it done as soon as possible. To give you an idea of what the new patch contains, here's a small (but not finite) list:

-New targetting system
-No more getting stuck on dynamic objects
-More hints on the map
-Weapons now hit multiple enemies if they are standing within the arc the weapon makes
-No more delays between skills and attacks i.e. the avatar reacts much faster in combat
-A bunch of fixes and other improvements

We'll keep you posted on when it clears QA.

There's also a demo in the works which should be clearing pretty soon too.

Apologies for the time it's taking, but nowadays it takes longer to test something than to actually implement it, but I really hope it'll be released soon.

Cheers

Lar

Lar_q #394641 05/12/09 12:05 PM
old hand
old hand
So its for Xbox 360 as well?
Nice fix list!

DivineGamer #394650 05/12/09 01:56 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
So will this patch be released to people who already own
the game, and if so will it be released over xbox live?

Ryan84546 #394652 05/12/09 02:04 PM
old hand
old hand
If the patch is for Xbox.
Yes it'll released over Live theres no other way.

DivineGamer #394676 05/12/09 06:44 PM
veteran
veteran
Oh, I thought info will be posted here to do not separate similar threads, but oh well ;<

Anyway, great news, but I have one question Lar_q:
-Weapons now hit multiple enemies if they are standing within the arc the weapon makes

There is no such thing in german version. Will we get german patch as well? Or it's US only ;((

Kein #394686 05/12/09 08:25 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Our plan is to bring all releases (that includes the German one) to the same version. So the next patch will bring everything on par with the US version.

Lar_q #394691 05/12/09 09:25 PM
M
addict
addict
M
I have a question (that might have been posted already).
What does the language version change about the patchs ?
I mean, as long as nothing about the text or voice part changes, why do you need to test all versions ?

Lar_q #394695 05/12/09 10:30 PM
addict
addict
Very nice. This makes me want to support div2 even more when it launches in the US on Jan. 5th!

It's always good to see a developer supporting their title instead of letting it die with all its imperfections. I'm glad Larian Studios continues to fix and tweak div2.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Libertarian #394785 06/12/09 09:55 PM
old hand
old hand
Yay a demo soon (though I'll really jump for joy after purchasing the full game...might get removed from the mall be security! Woot!) I'm eager to see the improvements from the German version I played about 3 months ago.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
veteran
veteran
Another question Lar_q:
will patch fix all reported quest/trigger script logic flaws? Like some issues with skills, issues with quests, other issues reported on forums? There is a tons of them.

Lar_q #394848 07/12/09 12:18 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Our plan is to bring all releases (that includes the German one) to the same version. So the next patch will bring everything on par with the US version.

Hello dear Lar, just wanted to ask a little question no one seems to know for sure:

What is the current version on the EUropean English version? It shows 1.03 but it apears to have some improvements from later versions (present on the german version, like swimming animations,etc), but it doesnt seem to have other improvements (present on the german version, as the high resolution texture pack, etc)

I might be mistaken ofc, but i'm quite confused as to what was included in the current English European version smile

KnightPT #394903 07/12/09 06:28 PM
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I realize it can be confusing as every different language release is basically a different version - it occasionaly has us confused too wink Let me try to explain:

As we were making different versions for the different territories, we were very opportunistic and included as much features/fixes/improvements as we could from our improvement roadmap, each time a release came up. That roadmap is basically a list of things we saw in various forum posts and reviews, as well as a list of things we didn't get around to doing when the game was originally released. We've steadily been scratching things from the list as they got implemented, but as I said, did include some of them already in certain releases. That's why there are differences between the different versions.

The deadline for the improvements was the US gold master, as that was the last scheduled release, and so we made all the improvements towards that version. Once that was done and tested, we then started making patches for each different version - a complex task because of the different versions - but the advantage was that we did improve the game with each release, something which we noted in the reviews and comments of players.

Now that that's done, we can finally make the "über-patch" which brings all versions to the same level, but we do have to test against all the versions out there, and that unfortunately takes a bit of time. The upside is that after this patch is released, we should have less work if we want to add something else and as always, we will be looking out for what's on your request list.

I hope this puts it in perspective for you all,

Lar

Lar_q #394905 07/12/09 07:02 PM
old hand
old hand
Hi Lar or anybody from Larian.
Your still yet to answer my question.
Is the Patch only for PC?

DivineGamer #394913 07/12/09 09:39 PM
Support
Support

The patch is for the PC and XBox versions. Lar said in the first post about the patch "It's currently in QA but as the game is pretty big and they need to test it against all the different language versions and both platforms, it might still take a bit of time before it's released, but we're trying to get it done as soon as possible."

Raze #394915 07/12/09 09:42 PM
Great!

I'm wondering, I know Microsoft has a certain policy about Xbox Live updates.

Can anyone tell me (exactly) what it is?

Isn't it you are only allowed to update your Xbox 360 game once a certain time, for a maximum amount of memory space?

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
Willlem #394919 07/12/09 09:55 PM
old hand
old hand
They have a patch size limit but don't have a clue what it is.
Ther aloud to release patches as many times they want to.

Also thanks Raze!

Lar_q #394931 07/12/09 11:31 PM
veteran
veteran
I realize it can be confusing as every different language release is basically a different version - it occasionaly has us confused too wink Let me try to explain:

As we were making different versions for the different territories, we were very opportunistic and included as much features/fixes/improvements as we could from our improvement roadmap, each time a release came up. That roadmap is basically a list of things we saw in various forum posts and reviews, as well as a list of things we didn't get around to doing when the game was originally released. We've steadily been scratching things from the list as they got implemented, but as I said, did include some of them already in certain releases. That's why there are differences between the different versions.

The deadline for the improvements was the US gold master, as that was the last scheduled release, and so we made all the improvements towards that version. Once that was done and tested, we then started making patches for each different version - a complex task because of the different versions - but the advantage was that we did improve the game with each release, something which we noted in the reviews and comments of players.

Now that that's done, we can finally make the "über-patch" which brings all versions to the same level, but we do have to test against all the versions out there, and that unfortunately takes a bit of time. The upside is that after this patch is released, we should have less work if we want to add something else and as always, we will be looking out for what's on your request list.

Lar

Lar, you didn't answer to my previous question ;< May be you think it makes no sense? But it is not, since patch 1.02 didn't fix any issues with script logic flaws, like bugs with Kirill or bugs with guildmaster tower, or empty chests or broken skills (Summon Mastery), etc... So, I wonder, do we get just technical side fixes or complex ones.

Lar_q #395223 10/12/09 11:09 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Lar

Thanks for the answer "boss" smile

I'm now making a little pause on D2 because i realy want to play the game with the latest patch released and hopefuly all the problems eliminated (and especialy the graphical part with the HD textures), so as you can imagine i'm realy anxious to have the patch out.

If i can go a little out and predict a date, i'd say i'm expecting the patch until 2nd half January 2010, hope its not too far off.

KnightPT #395707 16/12/09 02:28 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Thankyou for listening to your customers and for working on fixes and improvements in such a timely manner smile One improvement that I hope will be coming down the pipeline is optimization of the animation frames, which currently appear to be somewhat jerky/jittery -- my only real complaint with the game at this point.

purgatori #396076 19/12/09 05:03 PM
stranger
stranger
Hi all!
I'm new here and I'd like to tell You about very weird problem.
I have Polish version of Div2 with the newest patch 1.315 (Patch appeared 2 days ago on Polish distributor's website) and game still runs sloooow. I have a pretty good gaming rig - C2Q 9550, HD4850, 4 gigs ram and on all 'medium details' its about 25-30 fps ingame. Is this very poor optimization? Nope... today I've downloaded demo version of Div2 and... it works in perfect 60 fps! So? What the...? Anyone have idea what's the problem?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard