Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#393957 29/11/09 03:29 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I looked around this sub-forum for a little while trying to find another topic concerning this and couldn't come up with anything, soo....

Will this game get an actual OST? I'd love to have the music on an actual CD. I've got everything from Pokrovsky's site and its great for long drives when I want to just zone out. It's something special every time a Divinity game comes out and I get to listen to more of his music. I found a zipped up batch of mp3s on some site's forums but I went through it and its incomplete even though there's 26 tracks. I really really like the music in the Forlorn Cave on Sentinel Island (with the warring sisters) and its not among the mp3s I have. I expected it to be on the composer's site but that hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by Exeter Lux; 29/11/09 03:29 PM.
Exeter Lux #393992 30/11/09 12:25 AM
Support
Support

Nothing has been mentioned about a full soundtrack release, that I've seen. There have been lots of requests, though...

Raze #394019 30/11/09 08:56 AM
W
journeyman
journeyman
W
I haven't played game yet so I can't wait to hear the music Kirill composed.

Wishmaster #394044 30/11/09 12:00 PM
journeyman
journeyman
The music can be very weird but it's highly original. There are times when I wish they had gone for something a bit more conventional and other times where I go: "cool, this music adds so much personality to this location".
For example, in the Broken Valley village, you'll here a carefree whistling in the soundtrack. It's weird at first but it really adds a wholesome feeling to the town.

Experience the Witch Hunter Chronicles at https://whchronicles.wordpress.com !
AudioEpics #394049 30/11/09 12:33 PM
veteran
veteran
The whole D2 OST is awesome ;<
I hope someday Larian will pay a bit of respect to us (gamers) and release tool to extract tracks from game's soundbanks ;<

Kein #394060 30/11/09 01:11 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Kein
I hope someday Larian will pay a bit of respect to us (gamers) (...)

So we do have disrespect now? I don't think so... wink
More related to the music in div2 is planned already, just have some little more patience smile

Lynn #394080 30/11/09 04:39 PM
veteran
veteran
I personally find some of the gamers are sometimes "hard" for "games" ...

Personal I undergo the feeling to say to many gamers they have (often) negative commends on games :
"ok, a game isn't perfect .. but please, enjoy the game as it is!"
Guess/suppose : I play a game and I think on the same time how it can be better (on my way) .. I should forget how many good things a game have & I forget to enjoy all lovely things!! Very sadly ... disagree
First enjoy a game and if you can't enjoy it, stop gaming, you waste your time !:-p
But : give D II more than one chance!! Look on it with an open mind on all things and you will enjoy D II much more, I'm sure ! smile

But on the other hand, Larian can learn much from all "gamers critical look on their game(s)"!!
And I'm sure Larian listen to his (critical) fans! But don't forget also: Larian makes D II with a low budget and at that time not all things are possible... isn't it Larian? (I read something in a review)!
And maybe the "Larian Studios -team" itself had much more ideas for making D II : ED than gold in his pocket! hug

I'm proud to say "Larian is from Belgium"!!
claphands thankyou claphands

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Lynn #394109 30/11/09 10:05 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by lynn

More related to the music in div2 is planned already, just have some little more patience smile

Nice! Cheers!

Lynn #394139 01/12/09 11:48 AM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by lynn

Oh yay!
Can't wait ;<

Kein #394707 05/12/09 11:38 PM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
i havent had a chance to play the game yet. but i would really like to hear the soundtracks.
i expect them to be artistic and well seasoned :P

and i hope its not like those war music themes you find in games like dark messiah >_>; i preffer emotional musics that puts you in mood xD

.... maybe i watch animes too much >_>; but good quality ost is good quality ost.

thirion #394715 06/12/09 12:38 AM
Support
Support

There are 4 pieces of music on the D2:ED site's media page and the composer Kirill Pokrovsky has links to the DD and BD soundtracks on his website.

Raze #394780 06/12/09 09:16 PM
Awesome! I especially like the music on Sentinal Island and in the Orabas Fjords, though the music heard when in goblin territory is kinda irritating to me. :P

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
Willlem #394783 06/12/09 09:50 PM
old hand
old hand
google on youtube for Divinity 2 OST and there are some tracks there, but the quality isn't so great compared to what Kirill will release.

Look for the track Sleepless Night, it is my favorite dungeon theme.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 06/12/09 09:50 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
LightningLockey #394827 07/12/09 10:37 AM
veteran
veteran
I find all the music and sounds beautifull !!!
It set me immediately in another world, in a lovely, funny and also mysterious fantasy world !!

Nothing irritate me. smile

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #394849 07/12/09 12:22 PM
veteran
veteran
Don't forget about the vote here ! smile

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard