Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mivine Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
M
hi, i heard larian is working on a patch for the gog version to fix among other things (the church spinning monk bug, hopefully other crash related issues). i was wondering if it is advised to keep playing or just wait for the patched version (will savegames be compatible etc). there are currently a lot of crashes and the mentioned bug. i may dodge many of them and continue in the story but it may be safer to wait to avoid a permanent story stopping bug?

thanks for larian for the great support on this and the gog forums and actually attempting to fix many issues. really appreciated.

Support
Support

The saved games should be compatible; none of the other English patches (for the CD version) changed the file format enough that there was no backward compatibility, at least.
It is possible some fixes may not be retroactive (ie the patch could prevent a bug from happening, but not fix it if it has already occurred in a save), but that depends on the nature of the bug and the fix. The problems I've seen mentioned appear to be more related to the game itself, though, rather than something that could get written into the save folder improperly.

I'd guess it is probably safe to continue, unless/until you run into some serious issue, but if you are not in a hurry to finish, or have other games to play, it would be safer to wait.

veteran
veteran
I wouldn't hold your breath for a patch. It took a while for the GoG version to come out, and there isn't going to be a patch for the previous versions of the game to patch up to the GoG version.

addict
addict
I've been plagued with problems using old savegames, crash when using statuettes, crash when saving, crash during cutscenes...and this game has only crashed 3 or 4 times in the 7 years I've playing it. I don't recommend using old saves or swapping saves between the versions, although, for all I know, these problems would occur with a fresh 1.4 character as well.

Larian has said they're "looking into" the spinning NPC problem, so that is a hint of patch.

Support
Support

I would be quite surprised if there were no patch released for the downloadable distribution.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard