Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
stranger
stranger
So, any news about an upcoming patch?!!?

apprentice
apprentice
No. The time is playing againts Larian. We have waiting about 1 month, and we havent a patch.
Next year maybe?
I think we are playing with a BETA. The game is not ended, and we bougth the game and we are the testers.
I am bored to wait, so i am playing, with lags and low fps in Forests and cities. And with better Fps in the dungeons and interiors.

Epic Dissapointment...

Support
Support

Eefje, there is recent news about the Next patch, though no specific timeframe was given for release.

veteran
veteran
And no info that the problem will be fixed.
Explanation: issue is not discovered yet.

stranger
stranger
Tnx Raze, but as Kein says, no info about this specific problem...
I really hate that there's still no solution frown
Spent a lot of money on new graphic card and cd-rom player. When I thought I could finally play, never ending loading screen.. smirk

Let's hope Larian will give us a Xmas present or smth with the solution laugh

stranger
stranger
dude, reading 7 pages was frustrating...

I am using Intel duo core e8400, Radeon 4890, and 4 GB DDR2 ram, running windows 7 32-bit... and i have encountered the bug few times, which technically kinda solved itself on later tries, meaning i go do some other stuff and then try that specific location again and it just goes fine

so, let me try to sum this up
It happens on AMD processores, it happens on Nvidia cards, happens with Intel CPUs, both old and new ones, happens with pretty good Radeon cards too, even a guy had the error after 30+ hours of playing in XBox(unlike what Larian QA thought the xbox guy didnt had it at starting Rhode dialouge)... Also happens on High end settings and low end settings, and different versions of windows and so I think its pretty safe to assume it has nothing to do with the machines or OS(atleast pretty sure abour machines part)

only lead so far is that there are no reports of this bug so far on german version.

Thinking about the wierd methods some people offered here to solve the problem like "hit num pad 8" or "hit some key in the middle of your keyboard" makes me wonder maybe the problem is pretty small and obvious in the game code, something that just "doesnt happen" when you do stuff different or some small thing change, so small that people doesnt notice it and they think they solved the problem by hitting 8 on their numpad... maybe that could explain devs not being able to find the problem... not looking in right place? not checking the obvious things?

other day my sister was shouting and making a mess in house looking for her glasses, when she entered my room and asked me have i seen her glasses, i looked at her and i saw she has them on her eyes wink

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
man if your game is harder to install and play than a great game like dragon age origins then you have seriously done something wrong.

Support
Support

Are you under the impression that nobody ran into any bugs or install problems with Dragon Age?
While it may have done better (a comparison would be pointless even if I were inclined to check DA:O forums, etc), it certainly wasn't/isn't perfect.

Welcome to the forum. wave

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
alright but im 100% sure that the problems faced when trying to install and play dragon age(or just about any AAA title that came out this year) is alot easier to solve than the infinite load times in this game. i guess ill just have to wait till this game comes out in NA before i can finally play it.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by khornedragon
alright but im 100% sure that the problems faced when trying to install and play dragon age(or just about any AAA title that came out this year) is alot easier to solve than the infinite load times in this game. i guess ill just have to wait till this game comes out in NA before i can finally play it.

I'm playing DA:O to, and it has some bugs, i even writed on their foruns, but until now no notice about REAL fix for the bugs. The only thing they are doing into the patchs are change stats of weapons and damage of skills to make it more balanced... No real work on bug fixes.

Bugs i found on DA:O:
- Broken quests.
- Sometimes the character don't falow my commands if i try to "manual" control it. Then my characters die becouse of it.
- Memory Leak bug. Each load screen make the game slower. From 10 seconds load time and 30fps it goes to 5 minutes load time and 10fps. Then need to restart the game to go back to normal.

Every game has its bugs.... And even if in one computer you don't have bugs in "some" game you CAN have on "other" game.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
what broken quest? every quest worked fine for me. also ive had no drop in fps all the time ive played the game.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by khornedragon
what broken quest? every quest worked fine for me. also ive had no drop in fps all the time ive played the game.

You don't need to say that wink .
I said it is a bug, and as every bug don't need to be present in every machine.

Like the problem with the never ending loading screen in Divinity 2, if you read the forun, even in the english european version, only a few people are having that problem. I got it, you got it? But not every one got it.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi all,

Ok so after having this very same problem on my Desktop computer. I tried several of the "work arounds" and still get stuck after the ladybug scene.
Wanting to try this game i installed in on my laptop and to my joy it works without any problem of any kind on there.
My laptop having far better specs then my desktop i figured it would have something to do with the old AMD processor in my desktop.

But my desktop has a far nicer screen so i realy want to play on it. and now i can. ( i know many people said there solution works and it doesnt but this on works for me)
Having i perfectly good save game on my laptop i wanted to make sure i tried everything before just having to wait for the patch.
so i copied the complete file from the "appdata/local" location. yes the entire divinity folder with settings and all.
booted the game and it saw the save. adjusted my settings to suit my desktop this would be the "single core optimal" setting and it runs.
Granted with some lag here and there and opening the Skills tab takes a bit longer then i'd like but atleast i can play.

Just wanted to let you guys know, I'll check back here tomorrow evening if there is a desire for it.
i will start a new game on my laptop with a new char. after the lady bug scene with just the standard name and everything.
and upload the entire folder with which people wanting can see if that makes there game work.

Still hope the patch comes soon 'cause this should not be the solution to play this game.

For the Larian people it works with for so maybe something to look into for a fix.

Greetz Donice

(Ok quick opdate yesterday it runned fine but now am getting bluescreens of death so i guess its time to find out what is causing it but am guessing the game settings, ill keep you'll posted)

Last edited by Donice; 16/12/09 08:55 AM. Reason: getting errors now
stranger
stranger
I just bought the game english version, played for about 2 hours and have on 2 ocassions a never ending LOADSCREEN:(

Larian pls fix this, its annoying:(

Regarts Evasion.

Im running on:

Win7 ultimate 64bit
Icore7 920 3.5ghz
Ati radeon 5870
DDR3 Dominator GT 1670mhz 6gig
X58 asus De luxe v2 MB
PSU 850

A
stranger
stranger
A
Would you be so kind as to zip your application data\divinity 2 folder and post it on the web?

I wonder if this is actually a fix, but I tried several work arounds already and might as well give it a shot.

A thing I noticed is that in some versions of the game, a registry key is made in hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node for divinity.exe, some cases only in software\Larian studios and in some cases both.

As for using a crack to by pass securom, this does nothing for me.

English version with software\larian studios\divinity2 1 regkey (Language with value English)
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ single core
Nvidea Geforce 8500 GT
1,25 GB ram

apprentice
apprentice
I am boooooringggggg (Like Homer Simpson)
Waitiiiing for the paaaaaaaaaaaaatchhhhhhhhhh.

What a mess....god. cheer

stranger
stranger
Ive now played around 4hours straight and no bugs or unending loadscreens, maybe becouse i reboot from time to time?

With my rig it should be np but i reboot after 2hours anyway so far all good now.

D
stranger
stranger
D
Ok uploaded my compleet file from a working game.

The char is all standard, meaning Male, name : Slayer, and the standard face and voice.
This can be changed after literly 3 minutes of play with the Illusionist located in the starter city you will find him if you follow these directions: When entering Farglow turn left and over the brigde walk straight a head and to your left there is a "stand" which should have a mirror. thats all here you can change your appearence.

As for the rest some maybe usefull info. The Waypoint shrines do NOT work using them will get your game stuck (or atleast they do with me).
Graphics are set my Laptop you might need to change them For some reason the single core optimized on my Desktop made me get a BSOD changed that and working again.
Only thing missed is the conversation whith Rhodes which can be re read after pressing "k" clicking on logbook and then the 3th tab.

Hoping this works for some of you people wanting to play I realy do.
Please keep me and the others posted on this smile.

Incase it does work Have Fun playing

Donice

File uploaded on megaupload hoping for the sack of testing that Larian allows me to post the link and keep it up.

Download link here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HZ3Y6ECW

stranger
stranger
I want to tell you something. I've got polish version of D2:ED and I had the same problems with never-ending loading screen (I wrote about it here a few weeks ago). Today the polish distributor released a patch, version 1.03 and... It works! It fixed the game. However, I've got another problem now, with playing, I mean I've got something about 5 fps and it's annoying, but it doesn't matter for now. I think you have to wait for an English patch version (I know that it isn't revealing). It's sad, but true... Be patient... and good luck.

K
apprentice
apprentice
K
hey man, your internet download speed and upload speed are garbage

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard