Next Thread
Print Thread
G
ggm261 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
G
I'm building a mage, and that was fun....until now. There are lots of questions I want to ask , hope anyone patient enough to read them all laugh

1: I know there are 2 ways to get potions : buy from a trader , or made it yourself. So what will happen if I bought all the potions from the trader ??? Will they have it back , or it's time to make my own potion ( I use spirit potions a lot )

2: Being a mage mean having high intelligent and tons of spirit. But what about gears for mage (especially for pure mage) ??? In later game do they require some strength or dexterity to put them on ??? Do I have to put some stat points in strength and dexterity , just in case the "ultimate armor" for Mage require only 7 - 8 strength ( or something like that)

3: My weapon has bonus " + 6 to magic damage " . What does it mean ??? Is that mean when I use Fire Ball , which deals 20 dam , and now it deals 20 + 6 = 26 dam ??? Or it's just the bonus for the magic damage the weapon deals ???

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by ggm261
I'm building a mage, and that was fun....until now. There are lots of questions I want to ask , hope anyone patient enough to read them all laugh

1: I know there are 2 ways to get potions : buy from a trader , or made it yourself. So what will happen if I bought all the potions from the trader ??? Will they have it back , or it's time to make my own potion ( I use spirit potions a lot )

2: Being a mage mean having high intelligent and tons of spirit. But what about gears for mage (especially for pure mage) ??? In later game do they require some strength or dexterity to put them on ??? Do I have to put some stat points in strength and dexterity , just in case the "ultimate armor" for Mage require only 7 - 8 strength ( or something like that)

3: My weapon has bonus " + 6 to magic damage " . What does it mean ??? Is that mean when I use Fire Ball , which deals 20 dam , and now it deals 20 + 6 = 26 dam ??? Or it's just the bonus for the magic damage the weapon deals ???

Well I never play as a mage before but I think should able to answer those questions of yours

1. I not too sure bout whether potions will be refresh in the trader list or not, but some raw enchantment materials do refresh after some time after your last purchase. I never bought any potions from merchants since hardly use them beside a few boss fight. But I can tell you that when you had 5 points full in your master herbalist skill, you can make any tier 10 potions later with just only 1 fanny blossom or earth root, depends on types of potions, together with full upgraded alchemist garden. And to make your spirit potions recover more mp, try invest a point or 2 in to potion mastery. That should help a bit. You can also try putting a point in mana leech as you can easily refill your mana pool by whacking your enemies, when it allows to

2. Regarding gears, its solely on your preference in my opinion. There are nightbringer series which only require intelligent to equip and there are many more series with different requirement. Like the champion series which require balance amount of str and int, rogue set which require dex and str and etc. I myself like the heavy/elite champion set mostly for its design/skin. There no ultimate armor, but there is total of 4 different set armors near to the end game, all with different requirement. Equipping full sets will have additional stats as bonus. 3 of the sets consist of 10 pieces of equipments, which include 4 parts from armor, 5 parts from accessories and a piece of weapon. All 3 had different requirements as they are caters for warrior, ranger and mage type, where each set require 47 str, dex or int to be equip. The last set is the ultring set which only consist of 4 pieces, all solely armor only, which I think is the best among all 4. It require 35 str to equip. And dont worry too much on the stats for your current state, since near end game, if you equip your character well with good gears and charms, you can get very high stats on all stats. My warrior capable to reach 90+ str and int.

3. All weapon deal 2 different type of damage, physical and magical. You can find some weapon wiith damage consist of 50% physical and magical and etc. From what I know, magical damage on weapon wont affect your spell damage, but int will

Last edited by ACSS; 11/12/09 05:22 PM.
X
journeyman
journeyman
X
Potions will not replenish but merchants have a lot of potions and each map hosts a lot of merchants.
In this game int is the best offensive stat. not just for mage but for melee as well. Some weapons have 90% of damage as a magical and it based purely on int.
Summoning can make this game really easy and as a mage you probably must go for dualwelding.
Pure mage is not a good idea but some people like doing it standing in a hammock.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard