Next Thread
Print Thread
D
djuice Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
How/When do Merchants restock their goods? I've noticed that they only have new gear/stuff when I'm out in the wilds exploration and killing shit for extended periods of time (More then a few hours).

Do they restock hourly? When you complete a Quest? Exiting and re-entering zone? Visit another merchant?

old hand
old hand
The same as in DD, as you do quests and explore new areas. I never did figure out the exact times that they restock. I think it is mostly related to quests you completed. Or major finds such as a new cave or recently killed boss.

If anyone knows how it worked in DD (I randomly checked) then it is how it works here too.

Last edited by LightningLockey; 13/12/09 06:57 PM.

Every time there I run into trouble on the road, there is always a dwarf at the bottom of it. Don't they know how to drive above ground?
I don't know exactly how it works, but you have to do something before they restock. Just waiting and killing time won't get you anywhere. I haven't experienced this in Broken Valley though. With Sassan (later in the game), she DOES restock after 'something'.

Last edited by Willlem; 13/12/09 07:43 PM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
old hand
old hand
All I can tell you is that check back on the merchant maybe after completing a few quests. They might have the stock replenish again.

D
djuice Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
With merchants restocking so infrequently I got no way to spend those gold pieces! I've accumulated quiet a large amount during Broken Valley, yet merchants don't have anything decent to buy besides potions.

Also it seems loots from chest/drops kinda sucks for armors/weapons/jewellery, and therefore I am relying on merchants to purchase new gear for my PC.

D
djuice Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Anyways, I just figured it out.

It's when you level up that the merchants restock. So each time you level up the merchant stocks upscale to your level which is kinda good since you can buy new gear if your still using something you pickup way back..

veteran
veteran
That's indeed a good thing to know laugh !

I haven't think about it before, but thanks for making this topic wink

I have on this moment, at level 22, more that 25 000 gold laugh ...

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
I dont think lvl up will make the merchant restock. Try buy something when you almost going to level up and check up on the same merchant to see if there any stock available once you gain a new level, especially weapons vendor.

From what I notice base on clearing the 4 flying fotress, after clearing each 1, merchant will show different goods compare to my last visit. And I dont necessarily level up in each fortress, since there not much exp gain actually, when 3x killing 2x enemy.

D
djuice Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Yup I'm pretty sure it's leveling up that restocks merchants. I've currently farming the High Hall merchant that always sells (Yellow) Legendary Armors/Weapons from the Slayer's Camp left of the Harbour.

I completed the Saul Quest, level up, then straight into the teleporter to High Hall and see what new goodies he has.

Last edited by djuice; 15/12/09 06:25 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by djuice
Yup I'm pretty sure it's leveling up that restocks merchants. I've currently farming the High Hall merchant that always sells (Yellow) Legendary Armors/Weapons from the Slayer's Camp left of the Harbour.

I completed the Saul Quest, level up, then straight into the teleporter to High Hall and see what new goodies he has.

Keep some quest and dont turn in 1st such as those wanted criminal quest. You can kill those criminal and keep their rings or belongings but not turning in them for exp. When you notice your exp is almost close to level up, buy something from the merchant. Then straight go turn in a quest or 2 to level up and revisit the same merchant once you level up. If the merchant offer you something new, the it can be confirm that restock happened every level up. If you just go check every level, means there is duration gap of time you took for leveling your character.

D
djuice Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
I have a save game just before turning in the Saul Quest @ the slayer's camp. Before I turn in the Quest to level up, merchant stocks are static, and if I do turn in the Quest without leveling up (not taking the EXP bonus), the stocks are still the same. Once you do level up, they reset.

old hand
old hand
I see. I give it a try on my next replay when free. Currently busy with DAO. Well actually you dont need to farm on that high hall merchants alot. Once you capable of getting high resistance on your character, you can probably use it till you wanted to change over to set armor. I find legendary accessories with alot charm slots and good charms help alot more for my stats.

stranger
stranger
Does that include potions, because I have been running real low for the past 6-7 lvls and I have checked a bunch of merchants and none of them are restocking potions. Weapons and armor change sometimes but not the potions. At least not yet.... I'm currently lvl 17 just about to fight Laiken, and can't buy any from all the merchants I've checked.....

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir(J.R.R. Tolkien)
old hand
old hand
Not too sure on potions restock, since I rarely buy potions from merchants. Those from mob loots are enough to sustain for my usage together with food. You can always brew your own potions if really run out of potions, unless you dont keep stock of herbs or never bother to pick up raw ingredients in the world map.

On DD I used to save it before even mousing over a vendor, then trade him, load, trade, load until I get the items I want or a nice spellbook or something.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard