Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
enthusiast
enthusiast
Glad you are having a better time m8, as a lot of people already said this game is a "rough gem", needs a little geting-used to, a little polish, but has a lot of value inside.

veteran
veteran
I read your full post wink

Well, I'm happy you can enjoy D II now more that before.

Personal I like this game much because of "help yourself" :
1) No fog of war: for a 2D game like DD or BD I love the fog of war, but for 3D ? For me not necessary.
2) Knowing what to do by quest-solving: for the main quest you can "see" on the Worldmap a icon that gives you direction wink ... For the other quests I read always in my Logbook! Very handy and all the rest stay in my memory wink

I love this game because of all freedom and thinking of a own good strategy for playing ...
NOT a game for when you wish to fight enemies and set your brains off grin

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Joram
I read your full post wink
Very handy and all the rest stay in my memory wink

Hehe...that's probably my problem.
At my age the old memory just ain't what it used to be. ouch

And yes...I totally agree that its not a game where you can mindlessly go and just kill stuff.
That in itself can take some adjusting to after playing so many games where the enemies are levelled to your character.
But now that I have just gotten myself a minion, things have taken a turn for the better regarding combat. I can now actually kill some enemies without gulping down 10 potions grin

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by stubbie

Hehe...that's probably my problem.
At my age the old memory just ain't what it used to be. ouch

Euhhmmm... maybe it's a nice thing to do: write down on paper (or whatever) by yourself some thing to remember wink I use many paper lol ... but I have a visual memory!
By writing things on paper .. it come also in my memory, but I also can read all over again what I write down ...

But now that I have just gotten myself a minion, things have taken a turn for the better regarding combat. I can now actually kill some enemies without gulping down 10 potions grin

Yes, with a little investigation in how to go stronger per better gear or skills or ...
I have killed L18 enemies in Orobas Fjords when I was L13 and I needed potions, but not more that 2 or 3 (limited healing) on one enemie wink. If I need to many potions, I go first search for other enemies or another strategy wink

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Most of your arguments seem to be with you being lazy o.O Lazy is not the word I'm after but you'll understand what I mean from the next phrase wink
If you actually read the manual then it clearly says that it wasn't their intention to show you the way and hold your hand all the way through. And imo... that's a good thing. It's a totally different experience for me to remember everything you've seen and heard.
Like one quest said I needed to go to a chapel, I was like WTF? Which chapel, why isn't it marked on the map, etc...

Most of your arguments are about easy of use and not really about the core game, I find it odd that they bother you that much. Yes it would be nice if some of your points were actually true for this game but it's totally unnecessary imo, not really gamebreaking at all.

Not bashing you or anything, I know some games that got those things incorporated but I really don't find them neccessary for this game. Try to get over it, maybe (like me) you'll begin to appreciate that this game is different and makes you act more like in the real world (remember places n stuff, where you've been... especially NO fog of war!)

And... I found the game quite bland the first few hours, but it started to get better and better, even the music got better xD

Last edited by Chimeray; 11/12/09 01:35 AM.
stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
@ Chimeray

As you yourself said "I found the game quite bland the first few hours"
My original post was after 6 hours.

However as you no doubt have read in my last post, I am starting to warm to the game.
I am really, as you say...... trying to get over it.

And what bothers me may indeed seem odd to you.
That's usually the way of all the people in the world....we are just different.

Some people don't like anchovies...I happen to love them. wink

You appreciate not being shown where quest locations are and not having a fog of war.
I however don't. I like a game that doesn't frustrate me. This one does at times.
Its a personal opinion. That's all. smile

I have had my many years of writing down clues and drawing out maps on graph paper with old pc games.....yes I guess you could say that now I am lazy.
I just prefer that the game does that stuff for me these days.
oh....and thanks for not bashing me....I hope you realise that I'm not bashing you either. smile

I can very well imagine you like playing a game that takes you by the hand, or at least gives you a decent push in the right direction.
I have this game for the Xbox 360 and I'm quite relivied there's finally a game that DOESN'T show you exactly where to do what. Think of Fable 2, The Elder Scrolls IV, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc.
Divinity 2 is, despite its flaws, something different. I'm happy with that!

Last edited by Willlem; 11/12/09 09:11 AM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by Willlem

And I do agree with that. It is indeed different from what I am used to.
I guess that is why I was negative about the game to start with.
But the more I play, the more I am accepting how the game plays.

Hopefully the game lends itself to be played through more than once.....because already I would like to change a lot of build choices I have made with this character.

And now knowing what areas have much higher level enemies will make the next play through a lot less frustrating. wink

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
Originally Posted by Willlem

And I do agree with that. It is indeed different from what I am used to.
I guess that is why I was negative about the game to start with.
But the more I play, the more I am accepting how the game plays.

Hopefully the game lends itself to be played through more than once.....because already I would like to change a lot of build choices I have made with this character.

And now knowing what areas have much higher level enemies will make the next play through a lot less frustrating. wink

You can remove the skillpoints in skills at a certain point in the game (won't spoil it for you), it comes at a cost 5000... But that shouldn't really be of much concern at that point. Just in case you wanna change your build in this playthrough and the one after wink
Also... You might wanna look into Magic Blast, it's overpowered as hell xD

But the cooldown sucks. :P Most magic is quite powerful, actually. I'd choose Magic Missile over Magic Blast, because Missile has only 1 second cooldown. It's like swinging your sword around, main DPS.

Last edited by Willlem; 11/12/09 09:46 PM.

https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
stranger
stranger
i cant find the stupid scrolls to get into maxcis temple frown. ive been everywhere. i really need help, ive only got 3 of 4. if u could give me there locations and there names it would really help, thanks guys

stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I forget the names and to give directions will take too long so instead here is a great guide. smile

edit;
I see you posted the same question over in the hints and tips section and got the same answer so just disregard my post.

Last edited by stubbie; 13/12/09 09:34 AM. Reason: question was asked in another thread
I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Joram
That's THE reason I go for the XBOX smile I I specially buy an xbox for playing D II grin ...

I met 1 bug, but this was very easy to solve (skip a dialog) and now I'm Level 19 and have playing at least 50 hours since novembre the 23e. No other bugs ... Ok, one time the screen freezes, but that was NOT a gamebug, but something my xbox wanted to tell me: stop, I'm tired now lol ....
Sometimes I play a whole day!! So addictive ! grin

I rather shoot myself in the face than play an RPG on the 360.

Then shoot yourself in the face, 'cause RPGs work just fine on consoles in general. Keyboard hotkeyes have their advantages, but nowadays games that work like that are actually called 'old fashioned'. Take a loot at games like The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, many turn-based RPGs, Fallout 3, Mass Effect and Fable. I would see no reason at all not to play these games on the Xbox 360 or the Playstation 3.
Just my thoughts, ofcourse.

Last edited by Willlem; 13/12/09 07:42 PM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by impulse101

I rather shoot myself in the face than play an RPG on the 360.

Don't shoot yourself!! You can't say (play) it one more time! grin

I say it also because of the many problems with pc's and Divinity 2! I wish to play D II and not to solve pc-game-problems!

And futhermore: it's a personal thing. laugh

Last edited by Joram; 14/12/09 12:49 PM.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Let me point out that the developecycle of dragon age was insanely long. The pc version was finished in the first months of 2009 and they took 6 months to polish it. No one gets so long to polih a game in the real world

Let me point out the amount of $ Bioware has trown into that game and all the stuff around it, and the size of the army making it. Voice acting, a lot, to name one aspect with top notch actors.

Larian is smaller.

Dragon age is a game with a total different endresult in mind.

far cry 2 and Left for dead are both shooters. Two different games what so ever.

stranger
stranger
The only thing that disappointed me was the time it took from the beginning to the dragon morphing state, but once I got there I realised it was done on purpose, keeps you playing. I got the console version, which is a little buggy and graphics in places are a bit dodge but its clear most of the work has gone into the dragons and some of the scenery whilst flying. I don't know what the PC is like in comparison, but you can pause and swing the camera around easily, and if I get stuck behind something and cannot move, it will automatically chuck me out of where I'm stuck.

It took me a while to get into, but once there I loved it, quite original in concept but similar to others in mechanics, a lot of playability and I would play the game from scratch again.

NEEDS MORE ADVERTISING! ITS SO UNDER-RATED!

stranger
stranger
I agree on somethings like when your stuck, but make game more easy and friendly pls no.

Games is not even difficult in hardmode.

stranger
stranger
I agree give a small developer some slack will yah pls.

Why people think a small developer can do same as a filthy rich company like BIOWARE or BETHESDA is beyond me.

I say LARIAN did a great job making a very good rpg and if bugs are fixed i dare saying its way better then dragon age, not that you can comepare 2 games DAO is totally different RPG.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by joebloggs81
The only thing that disappointed me was the time it took from the beginning to the dragon morphing state, but once I got there I realised it was done on purpose, keeps you playing. I got the console version, which is a little buggy and graphics in places are a bit dodge but its clear most of the work has gone into the dragons and some of the scenery whilst flying. I don't know what the PC is like in comparison, but you can pause and swing the camera around easily, and if I get stuck behind something and cannot move, it will automatically chuck me out of where I'm stuck.

It took me a while to get into, but once there I loved it, quite original in concept but similar to others in mechanics, a lot of playability and I would play the game from scratch again.

NEEDS MORE ADVERTISING! ITS SO UNDER-RATED!

joebloggs81, I'm very satified with your post. Just a little people play D II on xbox???
I don't certainly know how the "scale" is between the PC and the XBOX players of Divinity II ...(in percentage).
Who has an idea about this?

Me too play D II on xbox smile.
@joebloggs81: but you say "buggy"?? The only bug I meet was to the end of Farglow, that's all for now. wink
And the graphics? O, I find whole Rivellon beautiful!! Okay, the graphics aren't so good as the PC-version, but for me the graphics in D II are more than okay! And the gameplay is in my opinion very good and strong ... that makes the graphics less important for me!

I find it also not bad I must wait long time before I've the Dragonform. I go the first time in Dragonform when I was at Level 21!
Yes, I'm very patient grin ...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard