Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

SPOILERS FOLLOW:

I have got the seed from Yggdragsil. He was easy to get to, I just flew over to the island.

But I cannot work out how to get to the other two trees.

I either hit a red force field in dragon form that instant kills me or a clear barrier in normal form that stops me.

I read the guide and all I could find was this
In order to get to the further part of the map, you have to shut down the force fields forming a barrier. The bunker M5(8) is also behind the barrier, so head to the nearest teleport, which will move you right in front of the entrance. After going upstairs you will meet Lady Kara and Lord John.

I do not understand what teleport it is referring to or even if the barriers I run into are the same that the guide means.

I am so confused and have come to a compete stop in the game.

Please help. sad

Last edited by stubbie; 16/12/09 10:55 PM.
do u know where the blind guy is?
go to the big knight statue transform into a dragon then fly and keep left by the cliff
pass the necromancer cave and the waterfall cave on the corner before turning left to the mines there is some rock standing out of the cliff (there are some and theres something interesting nearly on each of these bigger platforms) on one of these theres some guy sitting on a pillar theres
the teleporter to get to the fortress where u can deativate the anti dragon barrier
i hope i could help smile

stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by skodone
i hope i could help smile

Yes you have helped somewhat and thank you.
I found the guy sitting on the pillar (Simeon) and also the portal.
But the portal is inactive. frown
I assume I have to complete Simeons quest to make the portal active.
Is that correct?

Thank you very much for any more help. smile
Gosh I am finding this one part of the game extremely confusing and frustrating.

Last edited by stubbie; 17/12/09 10:00 AM.
u have to complete the mine quest first i think... or maybe u first have to clean the mine AND the waterfall cave... i dont know exactly smile but then the teleporters go active
and u can proceed... after that part Orobas Fjords really get awesome...cus theres such a LOT to do ^^

veteran
veteran
I think you must first clean the mines ...

When I became a Dragon, the teleporter(s) was already activated ... because I had clean up the mine and all the things I can do in the Orobas Fjords in the time I can't still morph into dragonform!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
If I remember correctly, you dont actually need to go into mines or what. If you capable of reaching the blind man, then press M to open up to check on your current location. The alot areas like the blind man location where you can access around the mountain side, which similar as you see on the map. Change to dragon and look around and you eventually find a teleporting device, where you can teleport to the small camp with lady keara and lord john. Take them down and you find few lever up there where you can deactivate the red anti dragon force field which block your way

veteran
veteran
Strange ... which "blind man" ?
I don't remember a blind man ... what's his name? Maybe I met him, but just forget he's blind ... smirk

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
Originally Posted by stubbie

Yes you have helped somewhat and thank you.
I found the guy sitting on the pillar (Simeon) and also the portal.

so i assume his name is Simeon ^^

Last edited by skodone; 17/12/09 02:00 PM.
veteran
veteran
Don't remember a man sitting on a pillar and named Simeon ... strange ... maybe I was sleeping while playing :hihi:
or don't meet him yet ... soon I will have a look wink ...

But on this moment I have 2 of the 3 "seeds" from a tree smile.

i got all three... even got put them in the statues mouths smile i dunno what to do next...
broken valley or aleroth ^^

stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
ACSS was correct.

I persevered and flew around a lot more all and destroyed all the ballistics and dragon spore pods that I could.
I finally found another portal on an cliff that took me to Lady Kara and Lord John. So I am now able to progress further into the game.

Thank you all for helping me. smile

Last edited by stubbie; 17/12/09 08:40 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
Originally Posted by ACSS
If I remember correctly, you dont actually need to go into mines or what. If you capable of reaching the blind man, then press M to open up to check on your current location. The alot areas like the blind man location where you can access around the mountain side, which similar as you see on the map. Change to dragon and look around and you eventually find a teleporting device, where you can teleport to the small camp with lady keara and lord john. Take them down and you find few lever up there where you can deactivate the red anti dragon force field which block your way

*resolved*
I used the teleporter on the left side also, but for me is the ladder blocked by a magic field that I can not get to Lady Keara and Lord John, what can I do now? Have also been tried, just after leaving the dragon tower to fly there and take the teleporter on the left after the cutscenes to get there, always the same problem.

Here a screenshot of the position:

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Bluestorm; 18/12/09 03:26 PM.
i think the only chance for you is... as mentioned in the other thread, to try to jump on the roof via transforming grom dragon to human above the anti dragon zone or load a prev save

du hast do ausserdem eh saves von Aris Eiswind bekommen oder?

Last edited by skodone; 18/12/09 01:32 PM.
B
apprentice
apprentice
B
the mouth is usually open to the ladder, but when you pitch, the game is buggy and you should try to reload.

german:

normalerweise ist die öffnung bei der leiter geöffnet, aber wenn man pech hat, ist der spielstand verbuggt und man sollte versuchen neu zu laden.

stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
It would be nice if they just removed all the barriers in a patch.
They don't seem to add anything to the game and just cause frustration.

Please don't condemn me....its just my opinion smile

stranger
stranger
ive cleared out the mines and i still cant get past. dont u have to complete the blind man quest and then he activates it?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Bluestorm
Originally Posted by ACSS

*resolved*
I used the teleporter on the left side also, but for me is the ladder blocked by a magic field that I can not get to Lady Keara and Lord John, what can I do now? Have also been tried, just after leaving the dragon tower to fly there and take the teleporter on the left after the cutscenes to get there, always the same problem.
I dont remember a force field blocking my way up. The force field only appear after you engage in conversation with the lady and lord, where they prevent you from escape. If you got an earlier save, try reload and retry again.

[Linked Image]

stubbie Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Originally Posted by 6raydog
ive cleared out the mines and i still cant get past. dont u have to complete the blind man quest and then he activates it?

The portal to Lady Keara and Lord John, which is where the levers are to remove the initial barriers, is not the portal with the blind man.
You have to fly around a bit more.
The correct portal is on another cliffs ledge.

Also ACSS quoted:
I dont remember a force field blocking my way up. The force field only appear after you engage in conversation with the lady and lord, where they prevent you from escape. If you got an earlier save, try reload and retry again.

That is correct. The force field above the ladder only appeared in my game when you start to fight the lady and lord. This looks like a bug and you need to go back to an earlier save.
This is what I mean about barriers being unnecessary. And that one has the potential to be a game breaker. mad

Last edited by stubbie; 19/12/09 08:26 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Bluestorm

*resolved*

[Linked Image]

I have this same problem, I've tried loading a save from before I ever went to Orobas Fjord. I've tried flying in as dragon and I finally managed to land on the roof, I saw someone said you could then get in the window, but I don't see how that's possible since the roof goes further out than the windows, and you can't move in the air.

I'd really appreciate is someone could explain to me how to get in from the roof, or if they know if there's a fix?

R
stranger
stranger
R
ya that whole ladder thing is bugged, I climbed up ladder got in a fight with lord john and got kicked back down ladder and was not able to climb up. I noticed that if i fight them really slow that it was ok, the thing is bugged

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard