Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just wanted to congratulate the Larian team on including so many multi-dimensional, well-realized, female characters in this game. Women usually get short shrift in videogames in general, and RPGs in particular -- where they play a role in events at all, it is usually only as the 'love interest' or damsel in distress.' Some RPG series, such as Gothic, scarcely see fit to include women at all. Divinity 2, however, has female Dragon Knights, Slayers, bandits, sorcerors, and many other varieties of strong, powerful women who easily keep pace with the men in the game.
So far I have particularly enjoyed such characters as Sassan, who rose from the grave to take revenge on the man who used her for his own twisted ends, and ultimately betrayed and discarded her
smile Oh, and I think that Larian did a wonderful job on the design of the female characters as well -- many of them are extremely cute, which is a change of pace from recent RPGs (I'm looking at you, TES-IV wink ).

Last edited by purgatori; 02/12/09 12:34 PM. Reason: Added spoiler protection ;)
veteran
veteran
I agree with this!! Lovely women in D II !! Hmmmmm ... and lovely voices too !

I fall in love with some women in D II grin

Divinity II : what a wonderful world with a wonderful title - "Ego Draconis" !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by purgatori
Some RPG series, such as Gothic, scarcely see fit to include women at all. Divinity 2, however, has female Dragon Knights, Slayers, bandits, sorcerors, and many other varieties of strong, powerful women who easily keep pace with the men in the game.

In DAO too, btw.

The only bad thing I dislike in D2 is that there is no difference in dialogs when playing a female or male, no flirt depending on your gender, etc. That's a bit sad ;< Playing as female you even can say how cure a girl are, which is.. erm... not like the situation with Leliana/Zevran in DAO where Boware shows it's "political correctness" (eh), it's just poor and linear dialogs ;<
I hope it will be "fixed" in upcoming addon/sequel.

M
Chronicler
Chronicler
M
Glad you noticed purgatori! kitty

I am in blood
Stepp'd in so far, that, should I wade no more,
Returning were as tedious as go o'er.
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
< Playing as female you even can say how cure a girl are, which is.. erm... not like the situation with Leliana/Zevran in DAO where Boware shows it's "political correctness" (eh), it's just poor and linear dialogs ;<

I'm playing as a female character, and it didn't seem odd to me smile I also played a female character on my first playthrough on DAO, and Leliana was my character's gf :P In both cases, I just regard my character as having a lesbian sexual orientation smile

Glad you noticed purgatori!

laugh

old hand
old hand
Sassan & Hermosa were pretty memorable characters in Div 2.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Kein
Some RPG series, such as Gothic, scarcely see fit to include women at all. Divinity 2, however, has female Dragon Knights, Slayers, bandits, sorcerors, and many other varieties of strong, powerful women who easily keep pace with the men in the game.

In DAO too, btw.

Here he come again
I guess he didn"t play DA:O

but yes girls in D2 are so sexy and cute devil

I always laugh when I see those sexy womans with ugly mans

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
veteran
veteran
Next time I play with a female avatar grin
I will see what you mean ... wink

The more I play D II, the more I love the game smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
personaly, i wouldn't call it feminist breakthrough, because this isnt the first game that treat the appirance of woman as man are.
(in most of modern games, womans are as equal to man, really.)

but what really deserve an applaud, is the "normlizetion" of the female charecters.. make them ordinery, not extra cute or pretty. (valve recived alot of good ratings on the making of alex vance, by making her simple "human", yet loveable charecter over the personality behind)

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Kein

In DAO too, btw.

The only bad thing I dislike in D2 is that there is no difference in dialogs when playing a female or male, no flirt depending on your gender, etc. That's a bit sad ;< Playing as female you even can say how cure a girl are, which is.. erm... not like the situation with Leliana/Zevran in DAO where Boware shows it's "political correctness" (eh), it's just poor and linear dialogs ;<
I hope it will be "fixed" in upcoming addon/sequel.

political correctness in Dragon Origins? What exactly are you talking about?

old hand
old hand
I guess he's referring to the "sex in underwear" in DA?

Last edited by virumor; 19/12/09 06:22 PM.
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Exeter Lux

When you talk/do about sex in DA:O other character don't use violent term expression, kiss and sex stuff is always "romanced" never vulgar but instead a little malicious, and the whole thing is made mostly "by your mind", not from what you see or listen from dialog.

You know, in the original game the underwear were not present and dialog were a little more "spicy"... if you know what i mean.

Official relase is different, that's politically correct smile

Last edited by Arlissa; 20/12/09 11:13 AM.

With time wisdom come, then with time mind fade and wisdom vane.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Exeter Lux

"Sex-minority" or what it's called it English :P

journeyman
journeyman
agreed, the women are pretty smile

stranger
stranger
< Playing as female you even can say how cure a girl are, which is.. erm... not like the situation with Leliana/Zevran in DAO where Boware shows it's "political correctness" (eh), it's just poor and linear dialogs ;<

I'm playing as a female character, and it didn't seem odd to me smile I also played a female character on my first playthrough on DAO, and Leliana was my character's gf :P In both cases, I just regard my character as having a lesbian sexual orientation smile

Glad you noticed purgatori!

laugh

I do the same thing in most games. It started when I began playing Oblivion with lots of Hentai and sexy mods...if I'm going to stare at a computer screen for hours, I might as well play a character I enjoy watching. smile

veteran
veteran
Now I play a female character and love it! delight

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard