Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Spiller. The ending really frustrating me. What was the reason of making such an ending? In RPG games you unite with your avatar. So why did I play to be prisoner for ever and to loose? I treat it personal as many people. The avatar has my name and so on. This ending extremely frustrated and disappointed me. Why it does not offer a choice? Why it must end badly? It is not Japan it is Europe! Why to make so to frustrating and offend people? I am extremely upset and my days are spoiled.

Last edited by lynn; 30/11/09 10:13 AM.
veteran
veteran
On noez, another "RAEG-RAEG-I-dislike-your-ending-fix-it-now" thread.
Someone's little perfect world where is always only happy ending got broken?
Anyway, here is the answer:

Originally Posted by Disapointment
What was the reason of making such an ending?

The same reason as for HL2 ep1 ending. The same reason as for HL2 ep2 ending. It's an episode, an UNFINISHED story. You will get continue eventually, so, why in rage?

A
ALF Offline
journeyman
journeyman
A
This'll make you feel better:

[Linked Image]

old hand
old hand
I suggest playing a BioWare RPG if you want a sugar-coated happy ending.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by virumor

yes yes yes hehe
Play Dragon age and unite the shatter lands in battle against Darkspawn
This game is ONE BIG EPIC SAGA

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

yes yes yes hehe
Play Dragon age and unite the shatter lands in battle against Darkspawn
This game is ONE BIG EPIC SAGA

Dragon age most certainly had a lot of dark and sad parts to the ending. Some more than others.

That being said, I like this ending a lot. I mean, right after I entered the hall of echoes I pretty much figured it was going to end something like this.

It's good to see them NOT fall in with all of the same old cliches that the majority of developers do. Creativity is always nice to see.

It makes for a really good set up for divinity 3.

If they can perk up the gameplay, bugs, and few issues...along with the current storyline. I can see the next game being a game of the year.

D
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
D
Than I want to play Divinity 3 now and fix my situation:)
I did not find plans for Divinity 3. When will it be available?

enthusiast
enthusiast
I actually think it's a good sign, because you're supposed to be frustrated and sad about your character dying, it means the game is immersive.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Disapointment
I did not find plans for Divinity 3. When will it be available?

http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=386161#Post386161

Heh,

the ending made me figure something. If I make sure Ygerna is not killed in A MEMORY / A PAST, she will become alive in the 'real time'.
So when I had to fight Zandalor and The Divine, it made me wonder. This can't be right?! 'Couple of minuts later, I'm in a prison with The Divine.
BUT!
Where did Zandalor go? Pretty sure I chopped him up too.

This ending demands a sequel by itself, doesn't mean there will be one, but it feels like there's going to be a sequel. Damian has to be defeated, whether it's for good or evil purposes, the NEMESIS has to die.

That's what I think of it. I hope there will be a sequel, or a stand-alone expansion. Like a new game in the same engine, which continues the storyline, adds some more game-options.

Anyway, the ending did NOT disappoint me, it was a surprise!

https://www.xboxworld.nl/news - The best Dutch Xbox 360 webstite and community!
https://www.xboxworld.nl/article/933/review-divinity-2-ego-draconis/ - My Xboxworld.nl review
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Willlem
Heh,

the ending made me figure something. If I make sure Ygerna is not killed in A MEMORY / A PAST, she will become alive in the 'real time'.
So when I had to fight Zandalor and The Divine, it made me wonder. This can't be right?! 'Couple of minuts later, I'm in a prison with The Divine.
BUT!
Where did Zandalor go? Pretty sure I chopped him up too.

This ending demands a sequel by itself, doesn't mean there will be one, but it feels like there's going to be a sequel. Damian has to be defeated, whether it's for good or evil purposes, the NEMESIS has to die.

That's what I think of it. I hope there will be a sequel, or a stand-alone expansion. Like a new game in the same engine, which continues the storyline, adds some more game-options.

Anyway, the ending did NOT disappoint me, it was a surprise!

I think its because the memory is Ygerna's. What you're doing is basically carrying out a sort of sympathetic magic that Ygerna sets in motion by leading you to it. Zandalor and the Divine in the memory are just that, memories. The only "soul" at stake in the memory is Ygernas, and possibly your own since you yourself are outside of the memory. You aren't changing the past, just affecting the state of Ygerna's soul by making a symbolic gesture. The nature of the Hall of Echoes makes this possible. I'm not sure if I'm making much sense, but without a crash course in Haitian voudun or 80s Chaos magic I'm not sure I could make it any clearer. Oh, btw, you didn't imprison the Divine with your actions. As he states he had already been there for a very long time. I'm pretty sure I'm right about this, but its been a while since I saw the ending, so I could be wrong.

Last edited by Exeter Lux; 19/12/09 05:16 PM.
old hand
old hand
The way I see it, what the PC does in Div 2 is changing the memory of Ygerna's soul, so that the soul no longer has any reason to be in the Hall of Echoes (since it no longer remembers that Ygerna died, as the PC rescued Ygerna in the memory) and returns to Ygerna's corpse (which is somehow not headless) in Damian's fortress in Rivellon.

veteran
veteran
FUN FACTS:
1. To revive Sassan we need to bring back her a ring. Yrp, that's all, simple ring and - voila - dead walks again.
2. To revive Ygerna we need to finish the game, kill tons of enemies, become a dragon, etc, etc...

Fun isn't? :P
And yeh, don't try to find any sense in game's plot - there is none.

veteran
veteran
Two things I wish to say:

* Please, use spoilertags wink

* Please remember: D II ED is also a FANTASY RPG ... do not take whole storyline literally wink

And Fantasy isn't logical, or in other words: fantasy do not have to be logical, that's My opinion!

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
old hand
old hand
There's a SPOILER tag in the thread's title.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Joram
And Fantasy isn't logical, or in other words: fantasy do not have to be logical, that's My opinion!

Can't agree with you on that point. Even Fantasy worlds must have their own logic, I mean by that if at one point you're told something is impossible, then it should not become possible without a very good reason (by finding a secret, a powerful artefact that can make it possible,...).

If you want to avoid spoilers, skip on topics titled "What a end!" or something like that wink

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
veteran
veteran
There's a SPOILER tag in the thread's title.

Sorry, You right wink I look over it, how stupid of me grin

Fantasy = like children - stories ...
But I think each opinion isn't "good" or "bad", but personal! wink

So, it wasn't my plan to "shoot" at someone ...
I just want to say what I wish to say about MY view over Fantasy, nothing more than that laugh

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
enthusiast
enthusiast
That's a common error, but that's like telling "animation movies are for children". That works in some case, but you could be surprise how many Fantasy books are absolutely not children-like :P I agree they don't follow the same rules than realistic stories, but still they keep an internal logic.

"The Frenglais does déjà exist. Many gens are parling this langue" Barta
veteran
veteran
Sorry, My knowledge of english isn't so good and I think I misunderstood you scalla or backwards.

Forget that word "children" I wrote wink
I know, more than one fantasy-story (on games or books or movies) aren't for children!

But a question:
In whitch way, You, scalla, search for logical in Divinity II ?
Maybe you mean it was different with that logic than I ... fine. Everyone should have his vision. wink

Personal I find the working of the stats and skills, charms and so on ... very logical (it's mathematics itself!) and that's great, I love mathematics!

All else must for me as illogical as it may be, because of the humour it gives.
I will give you one example, but there're plenty of them :
yesterday I was playing D II, I fly like a dragon in poisonous Broken Valley and when I go to the top of the Lovis Tower ... I met a man I also met in the Black Boar Inn of Brocken Valley Village!! How can this be logical: in no way of course ...
Can you find any logical in this?
I was suprised and "the nonsensical/illogical" .. soo very funny!!

All "the nonsensical" in Divinity II is so funny, the "storyline" too ... very funny and I love that! Great at any level laugh !

Last edited by Joram; 23/12/09 09:10 AM.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Joram
Two things I wish to say:
* Please remember: D II ED is also a FANTASY RPG ... do not take whole storyline literally wink

Another FUN fact: DAO is a fantasy RPG too. But wait: the game is FREKKIN serious and logical. It has almost no flaws in setting.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard