Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
I've been playing Divinity 2 on the 360 and what struck me the instant I started playing was the awful jaggies in the graphics, like there's no anti aliasing at all. Does everyone else get this? I'm playing at 1280x1024 but from what I understand about how 360 games are programmed your monitor's or TV's resolution doesn't matter (I've played other games at 1920x1080 and they still have jaggies). I find it odd that they'd ruin such lovely graphics by not having AA at least on your character.

Also the camera is zoomed WAY out. Is there some way to adjust that? It strikes me that there should be options for that.

Many thanks.

Support
Support

Lack of anti-aliasing is a known issue (IIRC, AA works if HDR lighting is disabled, but that causes a drop in the overall image quality). It may be fixed in the upcoming patch (unless you have the US version, which already includes what will be in that patch). I think a couple people mentioned getting it working in the PC version, but it had to be enabled each time the game was started.

Unreal Warfare mentioned in another topic using the left trigger to zoom in to the character's shoulder; I don't know if there is a way to set a specific distance.

apprentice
apprentice
Yeah you have to actually HOLD the left trigger to keep the zoom in, and worse than that, the function doubles as a target lock, so you can be walking around with the (much better) trigger zoom and you'll lock on to chickens, rabbits, people and any other thing in the vicinity.

I'm very confused as to why there wouldn't be any other permanent view options available.

It's viable that they could patch this in the future.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Larian said they were making changes to the targeting system so it may very well be possible that this is something that will be considered. I actually made a thread regarding this in the technical issues section with some other suggestions for Larian to look at so you're not the only one who would like to see a change here, though I don't think it's a gamebreaking issue.

I don't think the aliasing is as bad as some say (though it does exist). With that said I sit around 2 metres away from my 32" HDTV. It's more noticeable on VGA than HDMI.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 31/12/09 03:22 PM.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard