Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
KraczyKruk #396168 20/12/09 12:05 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by KraczyKruk
Hi all!
I'm new here and I'd like to tell You about very weird problem.
I have Polish version of Div2 with the newest patch 1.315 (Patch appeared 2 days ago on Polish distributor's website) and game still runs sloooow. I have a pretty good gaming rig - C2Q 9550, HD4850, 4 gigs ram and on all 'medium details' its about 25-30 fps ingame. Is this very poor optimization? Nope... today I've downloaded demo version of Div2 and... it works in perfect 60 fps! So? What the...? Anyone have idea what's the problem?

Ask your question here

For the record this game seems to have some frame rate issues. I think that they will be fixed in the next patch (because it doesn't seem like an issue that is exclusive to one format) though I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 20/12/09 12:27 PM.

old hand
old hand
Any update on the patch Swen?
Especially for Xbox 360 smile

Glad to see you guys and girls supporting Xbox 360 with a Patch and demo's!

KraczyKruk #396322 21/12/09 03:35 PM
veteran
veteran
To Lar:

I only wish to tell you:

On XBox I have 1 specific problem found, on this moment that same problem came twice.

When in the game "a videoscene comes AFTER a dialog", the loadingscreen loads forever wink ...
Only via SKIP dialog, I can go futher in the game.

I hope this problem can be fixed in the future wink .
Other problems I haven't had at all with my Xbox-version smile !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
Joram #396375 22/12/09 01:31 AM
apprentice
apprentice
I'm hoping that this patch arrives soon. I've put off playing this game any further for the time being, because I find it very difficult to follow up on sidequests without adequate map markers.

purgatori #396382 22/12/09 02:47 AM
stranger
stranger
I don't have any idea if in others Divinity 2 editions you have stuttering problem, but with the Spanish one I'm getting the most painful stuttering that I've never had in any other game. I'm sure that the problem does not come from my Nvidia GTX275 and a E6600 with 6GB RAM and I have to say that I have high FPS rates but I also realize that the more FPS I have, the more noticeable stuttering I get so have put a FPS limiter to set max FPS to 30, but the stuttering is still there anyway, less noticeable, but there it is, and it's really annoying so I will stop playing this game until next patch been released, so I have put all my hopes in the incoming patch, so please Larian, take a look to that problem because I have checked the forum and it seems that I'm not the unique person who has those stuttering problems.

PD: I have never had stuttering problems in others Gamebryo's games like Oblivion (with my old 8800GTS), Fallout 3, Warhammer Online...

Last edited by Neux; 22/12/09 02:48 AM.
Neux #396607 24/12/09 12:34 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Neux
I don't have any idea if in others Divinity 2 editions you have stuttering problem, but with the Spanish one I'm getting the most painful stuttering that I've never had in any other game. I'm sure that the problem does not come from my Nvidia GTX275 and a E6600 with 6GB RAM and I have to say that I have high FPS rates but I also realize that the more FPS I have, the more noticeable stuttering I get so have put a FPS limiter to set max FPS to 30, but the stuttering is still there anyway, less noticeable, but there it is, and it's really annoying so I will stop playing this game until next patch been released, so I have put all my hopes in the incoming patch, so please Larian, take a look to that problem because I have checked the forum and it seems that I'm not the unique person who has those stuttering problems.

PD: I have never had stuttering problems in others Gamebryo's games like Oblivion (with my old 8800GTS), Fallout 3, Warhammer Online...

Its a known problem, suposedly fixed in the most recent german patch version, but i cant confirm since i dont have it. If you have spanish version then its normal should be around the same English EU version, wich has that problem.

As explained in this own thread by lar_q, diferent patches in diferent languages have diferent improvements so we should all wait for the next patch that will make all the improvements into 1 single patch for all versions/languages.

Last edited by KnightPT; 24/12/09 12:34 PM.
KnightPT #397060 30/12/09 03:50 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
i hope the patch comes out soon cuz i just got the american version today and im SO upset about the bugged loading screen! i cant get past the loading screen right after becoming a slayer. thats just...yea. u plug in the rest of the words.

can someone plz just pm me if a fix finally comes out.?

America...
Lar_q #397067 30/12/09 05:26 AM
addict
addict
360 version needs patched ASAP!

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Riona #397071 30/12/09 06:27 AM
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Riona
can someone plz just pm me if a fix finally comes out.?
You need to manually close the dialog box by clicking on "End". It goes into the loop if you wait too long.

PseronWyrd #397074 30/12/09 06:45 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
there is no end button for her on mine. thats wat bugs me

America...
Riona #397077 30/12/09 06:52 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
HAHAHA! creators think that US version is fixed. it aint! i have issues with being stuck on the loading page... kinda messed up cuz i cant do anything about it. ive tried redownloading... tried "end" button before the cutscene but she doesnt have it...(im talking about right after the becoming a slayer part right in the beginning....><)

seriously tho. pm me people when the update comes out cause ive waited too long for this to happen.

America...
Libertarian #397101 30/12/09 10:42 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Libertarian
360 version needs patched ASAP!

This patch is to get the other International vesions up to date with the US Versions.

Lar any update on the Patch.

DivineGamer #397119 30/12/09 02:38 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I admit i'm being impatient also.

Already bought the game for a long time and i can't play it decently atm due to major stuttering and black looping screens.

I'm normaly a very patient person and i do understand the complexities of releasing a world-wide patch that realy must cover all the issues but if you check carefuly the EU/UK release date and the present day, you'll see there's too much time in-between in a game that is simply not working for a lot of people.

Please hurry it up, even if there are still some minor bugs in this patch, at least release a patch that solves the stutering and non-loading screens, it seems those are the two major concerns.

KnightPT #397159 30/12/09 07:37 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
I agree with KnightPT.

I've waited a LOOOOOONG time for this to just be meantioned among the gamer world... and even longer for it to come out. 7 years...(i had a gut feeling that they would come out with a second one) and i finally got the pre ordered US version of the game....

can't get past the loading screen right after the ship and river scene tho... kinda dont like that.

i understand it is hard to do a world wide patch... but you know... we just ask that we can PLAY it! There are already people out there threatening to never buy another larien studious game again.

think of Diablo 2 and the bugs in that game. (for those who have played it) it kinda sucked in the beginning but they fixed it so their customers could play. its basically the same thing just different issues...

I kno they can do this, i just hope it doesnt take too long...

America...
Riona #397172 30/12/09 08:31 PM
C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I believe you have to skip the dialog ASAP and then you get through, shouldn't be a hassle cos you've read it on your first play wink
Other than that, no bugs encountered whatsoever. Try it.

Chimeray #397179 30/12/09 09:05 PM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
i have tried thats the probably. i click through it like crazy and i mean CRAZY. but there is no end button after the end where u say ur ready so it happens anyway....

i do understand where ur coming from on it tho. i have tried and thx for trying to help me. lol ill just have to wait like everyone else.

America...
Riona #397215 31/12/09 04:48 AM
stranger
stranger
Picked the game up today (blame Gameslop and their early release dealio) and like the demo managed to get it running decently. However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.

Valkadesh #397232 31/12/09 07:59 AM
R
apprentice
apprentice
R
hmm. im not sure they said anything about fixing the black screen yet... if they r then it might be with the never ending loading screen issue.

America...
Valkadesh #397277 31/12/09 01:29 PM
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Valkadesh
However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.

The devs can fix only the things they can reproduce.
Obviously.

apprentice
apprentice
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by KraczyKruk
Hi all!
I'm new here and I'd like to tell You about very weird problem.
I have Polish version of Div2 with the newest patch 1.315 (Patch appeared 2 days ago on Polish distributor's website) and game still runs sloooow. I have a pretty good gaming rig - C2Q 9550, HD4850, 4 gigs ram and on all 'medium details' its about 25-30 fps ingame. Is this very poor optimization? Nope... today I've downloaded demo version of Div2 and... it works in perfect 60 fps! So? What the...? Anyone have idea what's the problem?

Ask your question here

For the record this game seems to have some frame rate issues. I think that they will be fixed in the next patch (because it doesn't seem like an issue that is exclusive to one format) though I haven't seen any confirmation of this yet.

I noticed this framerate prob too.
Dragon Age runs fluidly and is arguably much prettier. (and I play it on quite high settings)
While Divinity 2 is a bit 'choppy' at times. I even let my brother (studies gamedevelopment and tends to get most stuff going optimally) tinker with my settings/system but with minimal results.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard