Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#397229 31/12/09 07:40 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
This game is a really good game and so far despite the butt load of bugs i'v been encountering still a good game and i was really enjoying my self untill i found out one thing that destorys the whole game with little chance of recovery. Now for those of you who want to remain ignorant to the fact do not read down............

I cant fu@king believe enemies never respawn WTF is up with that????? Thats total fu@king trash that makes the 60 bucks i just spent on this game wasted!!!!!! Thats the stupidest sh@t EVER!!!!

Edit: 360 version.

No respwaning enmies means the following HUGE downfalls

1: NO LOOT FARMIN
2: LIMITED LOOT
3: LIMITED GOLD
4: NO GOING BACK TO OWN ENIMES WITH YOUR NEW WEAPON
5: LIMITED LEVELS

And a lot of other downfalls i cant think of atm. I cant even begain to imagine what the DEVS were thinking about when they decided to make there no respwans. This basicly limits this game to Just following a path of Mobs laid out forceing you to move forward to gain levels. You cant call this game a RPG............. they should relabel it to an action adventure. If i could get my money back i would.

Last edited by shadowdef; 31/12/09 08:12 AM.
shadowdef #397233 31/12/09 08:00 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I kinda like no respawning enemies. It gives you an idea of where you've been since there's no fog of war. The game gives you enough enemies near your level so you can make progress without resorting to grinding respawns. It's just a matter of finding them sometimes.

shadowdef #397239 31/12/09 08:11 AM
Support
Support

Limited respawns could come in handy to level or grind for loot, if it was restricted to a certain location or along the borders of cleared areas, etc. Generally speaking, though, I don't want to have to kill the same opponents over and over again.

an old topic discussing respawning : One small question about enemies

Welcome to the forum. wave

Raze #397240 31/12/09 08:14 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I edited my starter post so people could better understand what NO RESPWANS MEAN.

shadowdef #397243 31/12/09 08:29 AM
apprentice
apprentice
Limited Respawn would indeed be nice. Now i'm even wearier about using Mindread...

Raze #397245 31/12/09 08:32 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Raze

Limited respawns could come in handy to level or grind for loot, if it was restricted to a certain location or along the borders of cleared areas, etc. Generally speaking, though, I don't want to have to kill the same opponents over and over again.

an old topic discussing respawning : One small question about enemies

Welcome to the forum. wave

I read all the posts in the link you posted and the people who posted there are entitled to their opinion and i am entitled to mine. So.... in my opinion this game is catered to to casual players
who will only play for maybe an hour a day witch is not a bad thing. But for more hardcore players this game is a bust. Becasue you can not keep grinding untill you reach max level this game HAS A FORCED END. once you've killed every thing thats it... This game cannot be called a RPG. A real RPG lets you keep playing untill you want to stop this one forces you. I wont my money back.....

shadowdef #397249 31/12/09 09:02 AM
Support
Support

Casual players are not generally very keen on 50+ hour RPGs.

If a game has an ending it can't be an RPG? You are certainly entitled to your opinion and choice of games, but I don't think you know what an RPG is. Neither Diablo or WoW invented the RPG, and while respawning is certainly possible in an RPG, it is absolutely not a requirement.

Right now you can play the game for 50+ hours, explore everywhere, get to level 35 and finish the game... and that's crap. However, get rid of the ending, and respawn monsters so you can fight them over and over for two years until you reach level 999, and that would be an RPG?

Regarding your earlier comment about the game 'limiting' you to moving forward to progress, there are quests to do and places to explore. You are not bound to a railroad track style gameplay if you can not kill the same opponents over and over.

Raze #397254 31/12/09 10:16 AM
journeyman
journeyman
I don't think this is a game for casuals at all. I mean, in this game you can go off exploring in the wrong direction, meet up with higher level enemies, die and perhaps lose quite a bit of time if you hadn't saved recently. Doesn't sound like something casuals would take a liking too. Anyway, saying this is not an RPG is way off base. Sounds to me like you came in looking for MMORPG style play which you could have discovered was not the case with a download of the demo or some research online.

Killbomb #397256 31/12/09 10:37 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Your all misinterpreting what im saying..... well no surprise there. When i say a real rpg has no end what im trying to say is that you can literly for as long as you want kill mobs of bad guys. thats what i mean when i say a real RPG has no end. I know what an MMO is. This game can not be called a RPG becasue there HAS TO BE A END. this game forces a end when you run out of eneimes to kill that is why it can not be called a RPG. I Have played maybe 40-50 RPG games in my life and not in any has there ever been no respwans.

That is why this game is not an RPG.

shadowdef #397262 31/12/09 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by shadowdef
Your all misinterpreting what im saying..... well no surprise there. When i say a real rpg has no end what im trying to say is that you can literly for as long as you want kill mobs of bad guys. thats what i mean when i say a real RPG has no end. I know what an MMO is. This game can not be called a RPG becasue there HAS TO BE A END. this game forces a end when you run out of eneimes to kill that is why it can not be called a RPG. I Have played maybe 40-50 RPG games in my life and not in any has there ever been no respwans.

You are kidding right?!?!?!?! Many acclaimed RPG's had no respawns. You probably can't name 10 true RPG's like that, much less 40-50. Sorry you are disappointed, maybe you should go back to WoW.

Is reality just a fantasy?
shadowdef, kill mobs of bad guys for as long as you want - does not make a game into an RPG. What you`re suggesting is an MMORPG.
RPG`s are games where your choices of doing things alter the end result of the quest/game and not about killing bazillions of enemies, take Fallout 2 for example. The only reason why MMORPGs are called mmoRPGs is because there are quests, if there`d be no quests - MMORPGs could be renamed to MMOAction/Tactical games.
Please name the RPGs where you had respawns.

...........................::ALIVE::..........................

DeviRyuuD(Myojinoir) Reviews here
DeviRyuuD #397275 31/12/09 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by DeviRyuuD

RPG`s are games where your choices of doing things alter the end result of the quest/game and not about killing bazillions of enemies

QFT

Is reality just a fantasy?
DeviRyuuD #397279 31/12/09 01:31 PM
veteran
veteran
I cant fu@king believe enemies never respawn WTF is up with that????? Thats total fu@king trash that makes the 60 bucks i just spent on this game wasted!!!!!! Thats the stupidest sh@t EVER!!!!

NERD RAEG

shadowdef #397286 31/12/09 02:08 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by shadowdef

I would suggest looking up what RPG actually stands for. It seems to me you have a horrible twisted interpretation of it in your mind.

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
Wow, I love this game because it's NOT a respawning turd/ loot fest clone like Diablo, Sacred, and others, and I do not have to worry about playing multiplayer with the 99% of cheaters out there dupping items in other RPG's!

Divinity 2 is a nice change from the clones mentioned, and the 40 plus hours I already have in the game have been well worth the money!

Thanks Dev's for NOT making this game a respawn clone of every other game out there!

shadowdef #397294 31/12/09 03:14 PM
R
stranger
stranger
R
Limited respawns, confined to certain areas of the game would have been nice. But I have to say, given how much back & forth running I've done if there were respawns everywhere it would be incredibly annoying...

I have love/hate thing with respawns...sometimes I appreciate them sometimes I hate them. A game that splits the difference gets it just right in my book

RooksGambit #397298 31/12/09 03:18 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Hey you can always kill the training goblins over and over again if you really feel the need.

Damn, and here I was just last night finding myself loving the fact that once I kill enemies...they are dead. A game does not have to be grind/farm fest in order to be considered an RPG. Rather than forcing you to go forward, as you put it, it instead encourages you to explore the world and do all of the side quests (which thankfully are not tacked on after thoughts). That is what I think the motive in no respawns are, and is a much welcomed one for a change from my point of view.

Last edited by ironcreed; 31/12/09 03:37 PM.
ironcreed #397307 31/12/09 04:07 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 31/12/09 04:09 PM.

addict
addict
You certainly presented your argument in a mature fashion.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard