Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#397045 30/12/09 12:37 AM
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I just got the game from Gamestop and am annoyed by several bugs, but especially save glitches. In the first tomb I saved right before battling the ghost and when I loaded it, the game put me outside the tomb with the door locked and my key wouldn't opened it. Another time I was fighting a big eye thing with goblin tribe and after I died the game loaded me to the point after my death instead of the point two minutes prior when I saved it.

PLEASE advise.

Last edited by spongedaddy; 30/12/09 02:09 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
I'm having problems with loading after dying. The couple times I've died, when I hit load, it does a fast load, then just freezes the game on the previous death screen.

The only success I've had loading is from the main menu, so a couple times I've excited to the main menu (which then forces me to watch the splash screens again), and have been able to load the save fine...

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted by DarinCMU
I'm having problems with loading after dying. The couple times I've died, when I hit load, it does a fast load, then just freezes the game on the previous death screen.

The only success I've had loading is from the main menu, so a couple times I've excited to the main menu (which then forces me to watch the splash screens again), and have been able to load the save fine...

Yes. That's one of the biggest, most frustrating things. They got me though because I love this game..not to insult anyone elses work, but this is the game I wish Sacred 2 (and many others was). I am glad I supported the developers with my money, but a save glitch like this can become a huge frustration. I hope the developers read these posts.

R
stranger
stranger
R
Same problem here. Since the 360 is a controlled environment I'm going to guess everyone does...hope they fix it

stranger
stranger
Yeah it happened to me last night as well, i was doing the Bandits Den quest and i just killed everyone off except this last level 7 goblin, so i saved in case he killed me which he did.
Then when i loaded the game it put me on the stairwell on the other side of the fallen rocks, another similar thing happened to me when i saved outside the 2nd goblin camp on the other side of the river, and when i died and reloaded the save i ended up in the 1st goblin camp by the burnt out church.
However i found a way around it, for now anyway, i loaded the autosave, which of course was too far back in the game, but then immediately i reloaded my save point and then it put me back in the right spot.
I think if you keep the autosave and make multiple saves of your most current progress you'll be able to get back to exactly where you were.

Last edited by Michael DAmico; 30/12/09 03:09 PM.
U
stranger
stranger
U
I'm having the same problem and I hope there is a patch/game update up soon.
This bug is very annoying. Most of the time I have to back out all the way to the dashboard (on the Xbox 360) to be able to load my save file again.

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
It is happening enough to be a real pain in the rear. Can someone from Larian please address this? How did this bug make it pass QA and out the door?

E
stranger
stranger
E
I really hope that this bug is fixed soon... it is driving me insane. I have to exit to the dash each time. Please larian.. fix this so that i can enjoy this game properly!

R
stranger
stranger
R
Yeah I'm really enjoying this game but this save bug is driving me nuts. Please patch it for the 360 version soon! Also maybe fixing anti aliasing would be nice.

Otherwise this is a really fun game!

C
stranger
stranger
C
I've got a similar bug right now. I entered the bandit camp and started a couple quests there, but I can't seem to leave. The door to exit is missing, there is just a stone wall. Thought it may have been some part of a quest and loaded my save from before I entered and went back to town only to find all the doors missing in town as well.

I agree that this seems like it could be a really good game, but these bugs are really dragging the game down. Hopefully there will be a patch to fix them soon.

apprentice
apprentice
Forums all over are filled with this kind of thing. A developer response is required, and soon. I'm actually considering to hold off my purchase until a patch or at least a viable work-around is explained.

Loading / saving in a game of this type is absolutely crucial and these problems are unnacceptable in the final retail build of a game.

C
stranger
stranger
C
First let me say that this game seems like it would be a lot of fun to play. But I basically cant even play my $60 game that I bought do to it basically being broken! This makes me very upset as a buyer of this game. The save and loading problem is a massive problem!

1. Sometimes it does not load your save after death and you must go back out to the dashboard to re load your game this is ridiculous.

2. When you save I would expect the game to do just that but sometimes it decides to not to or something because if you reload that file it wont load up the correct spot you saved at!

I would love to play this game but at this point the Xbox 360 version is UNPLAYABLE and needs PATCHED ASAP if you expect to make any sort of money off of it after day one sales!!!!!!!

S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Does anyone know who ported the game to the 360?

C
stranger
stranger
C
I've been having the same problem in the beginning. One time, after I loaded after I died I went to the starting town/village and barrack/tavern doors were replaced with stone walls and there wasn't doors on the houses, it was just black and I couldn't go in. Just now I died and when I went to load the game I first let the save picture load first and then loaded it. No freeze. Could be luck or something else. Tell me if it works.

apprentice
apprentice
I have only once encountered this bug once and that was when i was about to fight a boss (no names for spoilers sake). After i won the first fight and he ran off, the game wouldn't respond, it's like it froze but the avatars where still moving idly and my creature doing his usual business. I had to start from a save point prior to that for it to move past that point. I was so worried that i was going to loose many hours that i had put in :C (like 20+ hours.)
Touch wood, this hasn't happened to me again.

Let us swim in this sea of fire, and hope that the demons of doubt do not drown us.

xbox360 GamerTag- Bazomanda
Support
Support

Larian worked on the PC and Xbox versions concurrently, handling the German and English versions. Other releases required localization for language, etc, but not a great deal of 'porting' AFAIK.

stranger
stranger
First of all the game is really good in terms of game play.

PLEASE FIX THE SAVE GAME GLITCH! Every time i die i go to load my game and it freezes! I have to go back to xbox live menu, start up divinity 2, then get to main menu, then load the game. Its very frustrating as most people know already. I hope you guys have some patches or updates for this considering it did release early from Gamestop.
Enemies are very difficult even on the easiest settings. Way too many in-game loading glitches.
Other glitches specifically, When i do the quest where i have to name all of the 5 statues and then get into whats her face's lair the game wont let me speak to the statues. They apparently are supposed to say something when i activate the dialog so i know if i have given them their correct name. In my xbox 360 version they dont say anything to me. I have put in their correct names anyways, but when i approach the door to let me in, it keeps telling me i didnt answer them correctly. If the statues wont do what they are supposed to i cant get in. It makes that quest pointless. And henceforth i cant get the achievement.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Just wondering if this is a US only issue with the Xbox 360 version as I've not seen any complaints about the EU version about this (neither have I ever experienced this issue).

L
stranger
stranger
L
Same problem for us as everyone else! If you save over a previous save, you never know where you are going to be restored to! I was restored back to a spot where the door was locked and I couldn't proceed. Also have experienced lock up on restore and one time my last save was blown away. Funny that all the problem seem to be with save/restore. I haven't had any issues with the game play. I've just taken to saving often and having a long list of saves.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Just wondering if this is a US only issue with the Xbox 360 version as I've not seen any complaints about the EU version about this (neither have I ever experienced this issue).

Same.
Larian have sadly created other bugs whilst trying to fix other problems.
How did they miss this, hope this doesn't hold the patch up.
EU has the less buggy version smile

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard