Next Thread
Print Thread
#397242 31/12/09 08:26 AM
P
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
P
Hi. I haven't been playing long (I'm still in Broken Valley), and I had a couple of quick questions if you'll endulge me.

Firstly, where can I store some of this junk I'm carrying around? I literally can't pick anything up because of all the books, plants, ore, formulas and jems that I've got. I'm afraid to sell them incase I need them. I thought I'd stash them in a chest for now but the chests don't work that way. Is there somewhere safe I can stash them or should I just get rid of everything I'm not using?

Is there a way to increase the distance I lock onto a target with my bow? At the moment I have to get so close to an enemy I can only get a couple of shots off. I'd assumed there would be a skill for that but I've studied the Ranger skills and there doesn't seem to be.

Just to be certain I understand this, Ranged Armour Rating is only for attacks from bows. So if I have a shield that has a Ranged Armour Rating it is absolutely no good in melee. Is that right?

This is just my personal preference, but I really hate the way shields and swords are really oversized and stylised. I think it's stupid. Are all swords and shields like that, or do differnt types (more realistically modelled) become available later on?

Thanks very much.

Support
Support

You get a chest once you acquire the battle tower (I think 10 or 20 hours in); until then there is a skill to increase your carrying capacity. I don't have the game yet, so am not sure what the best thing to get rig of first is (I don't think you need to keep most books, and once you have the tower you can send servants to fetch plants, etc).

Raze #397332 31/12/09 06:46 PM
G
apprentice
apprentice
G
1: In late game you will have a chest ,and *SPOILED* you can unlearn your skill (mean you pay some golds , and all your skill will be unlearned) so don't worry , just put 1 or 2 points in what skill help you carry more stuffs smile BUT to get there you have to be at level 18 or so (I mean that will take you a lot of time to get to that part)
2: My character is not a ranger laugh I do remember there is a skill which allow you to get to the enemy closer than normal without undetected
3: Shield is one of the most silly things in this game LOL

ggm261 #397359 31/12/09 09:31 PM
old hand
old hand
The skill you been looking for is call ranger stealth, and can be learn at around lvl7 if not mistake. As for armor, its literally same as its called. The higher your ranged armor rating, the lesser damage you receive from ranged attack, same goes to melee and magic. Different armor type comes with different defense rating, where some only come with high single type armor rating, and you can find some armor type which come with all 3 armor rating value, but at a lower value of course.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard