Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Just some of my opinions on what mentioned on stats and mage equipment, even I never play one. My 1st run of the game was on a dual wield warrior, and at lvl35 when fully equipment, I manage to get 90+ str and int and 60 dex. So I dont actually think playing a mage will limit one to just using the certain set armor, and honestly, archmage set is kinda junk. I had 800 hp and close to 490+mp at lvl35 as warrior. Good trinkets with minimum 2 to 3 charm slots help a lot in raising up stats, hp and mp.

And basically healing spell is something worthless when you compare it to a rank 10 potion, which you can create it easily with only 1 fanny blossom (or is another herb but definitely it only need 1 unit of 1 herb), provided you had your alchemy garden fully upgraded and lvl5 in master herbalist skill. You can collect ingredients easily and fast when you fully upgrade your runners and create tons of potions for usage, then reset your skills and unlearn master herbalist. Invest 2 to 3 points in potions efficiency and you see your hp/mp flies whenever using potions. No more such as waiting for hp/mp regen. A rank 8 and 9 potions also will suffice, as it wont have cool down duration as compare healing.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by ACSS

And basically healing spell is something worthless when you compare it to a rank 10 potion, which you can create it easily with only 1 fanny blossom (or is another herb but definitely it only need 1 unit of 1 herb), provided you had your alchemy garden fully upgraded and lvl5 in master herbalist skill. You can collect ingredients easily and fast when you fully upgrade your runners and create tons of potions for usage, then reset your skills and unlearn master herbalist. Invest 2 to 3 points in potions efficiency and you see your hp/mp flies whenever using potions. No more such as waiting for hp/mp regen. A rank 8 and 9 potions also will suffice, as it wont have cool down duration as compare healing.

I told you

Originally Posted by ggm261
I used this guide , and damn ,the mage is so powerful , thanks to Raven

One question to Raven : why don't you put more points in Intelligent after reaching 50 ???

Didn"t bother it to upgrade
It was enough for me but if you think more intelligence is better option than put more points in intelligence.My guide is there just to help you and explain few things and surely not to manipulate your style.

ENGLISH GRAMMAR IS MY WEAK SIDE
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

I told you

One question to Raven : why don't you put more points in Intelligent after reaching 50 ???

It was enough for me but if you think more intelligence is better option than put more points in intelligence.My guide is there just to help you and explain few things and surely not to manipulate your style.

I think I just giving opinions on a more effective healing method as compare to healing spell, which I think can be easily done, since doing trainer's quests are quite common for its reward and exp,and to get the platform upgraded as well. And playing around with skill points is easy enough through skill trainer and the cost is still acceptable. I actually tried out both and find that potions is more efficient when compare to healing spell which had the cd time, especially when one having large amount of hp/mp. Anyway I not criticizing your guide, just merely giving opinions on what I experienced.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Raven.rpg

I told you

I think I just giving opinions on a more effective healing method as compare to healing spell, which I think can be easily done, since doing trainer's quests are quite common for its reward and exp,and to get the platform upgraded as well. And playing around with skill points is easy enough through skill trainer and the cost is still acceptable. I actually tried out both and find that potions is more efficient when compare to healing spell which had the cd time, especially when one having large amount of hp/mp. Anyway I not criticizing your guide, just merely giving opinions on what I experienced.

You didn"t understand me
I am really happy becaose you agreed with me that potions are better option

S
stranger
stranger
S
Thanks for the guide.

Couple of suggestions:

- What skills did you choose as you leveled up? [make a list of the skills you chose as your levels increased - level 2 you chose lockpick, level 3 you chose fireball, etc]
- What weapon types to look for if it matters [does the magic attribute of a weapon do anything to increase spell damage or is it specifically melee magic damage]?
- List of armor types to be on the look for - ranged/magic resistance? - until you find the specific armor set.
- List of jewelry attributes to look for

J
journeyman
journeyman
J
Whenever you make one of these, you will always find these arguments over the best one. I think magic missile is pretty bad you hit really low with it.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sirus
Thanks for the guide.

Couple of suggestions:

- What skills did you choose as you leveled up? [make a list of the skills you chose as your levels increased - level 2 you chose lockpick, level 3 you chose fireball, etc]
- What weapon types to look for if it matters [does the magic attribute of a weapon do anything to increase spell damage or is it specifically melee magic damage]?
- List of armor types to be on the look for - ranged/magic resistance? - until you find the specific armor set.

Actually I dont think you need guide to tell you what skills to get at what level, that will really make it boring in my opinion. Since there are only a handful of magic damage skills, so I guess you should know what to choose. Supporting skill will really depends on personal preference, but you can always try them out, and reskill later if you dont like that particular skill, since it can be done easily.

In the early to mid game, you equipment might be more limited, as limited by your int stat, since it will be usually higher compare to the other 2, str and dex. But when you are able to gain access to legendary weapon, armor and accessories merchant in fjord and aleroth, stats wont be much problem by that time. I can build warrior which capable to reach 90+ str and int, 60 dex during end game with help of various charms, so I dont think it will be a problem if you really go picky on your jewelry selection. So from my opinion, there actually no limitation on equipments for any build, its matter how you choose your equipments only. And do remember max for each stats is 100. Majority will finish the game around lvl34 to 35. Each level up you gain 4 stats points. Beside that you gain some points also from activities such as mind read or books.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Sirus
Thanks for the guide.

Couple of suggestions:

That is not quite important
but I think I have mention somewhere in my guide what to look for

journeyman
journeyman
I myself prefer a warrior /mage thing base dmg with my duel weild and then use magic toback me up with healing and rangers and the like and then i mop up with a bow which i find is a better alternative to the missle thing XD

Where i come from ascesion to a higher rank is a simple assasination those who are Ranked Highest watch their Front their deaths come from thier back and they die naturally because a dagger in the back naturallyu ends their life.

I am not a safe place
M
journeyman
journeyman
M
Originally Posted by JoJoMac
Whenever you make one of these, you will always find these arguments over the best one. I think magic missile is pretty bad you hit really low with it.

Max magic missle, with max Destruction and max Way of the Battle Mage hits really hard. And often. And hits multiple opponents if they be multiple or bombards one if there is only one. I found it to be the best offensive damage spell.

old hand
old hand
It should be the best dps skill, since it has extremely low cd. Others mage skills tends to have quite high cd duration.

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
magic blast is the best move ever

best of the best
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by MonkeyLungs
Originally Posted by JoJoMac

Max magic missle, with max Destruction and max Way of the Battle Mage hits really hard. And often. And hits multiple opponents if they be multiple or bombards one if there is only one. I found it to be the best offensive damage spell.

If you have points add confusion and you are already win
and as I sad this guide is for pure mages and not for battlemages

U
apprentice
apprentice
U
Nice guides, I am going to play mage as next char. After dual wielding figher, I am now playing as archer. But.. when you guys gives your guides put also how many points in what STATS and which SKILL.
Raven did so and it makes whole guide more usefull.

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Uzeer
Nice guides, I am going to play mage as next char. After dual wielding figher, I am now playing as archer. But.. when you guys gives your guides put also how many points in what STATS and which SKILL.
Raven did so and it makes whole guide more usefull.

Thanks
you will enjoy

stranger
stranger
Which Mage Spell Did You Start Off With Cause I Started Off With Fireball
What Does DPS Stand For

Last edited by Divinity 2 ED; 06/02/10 05:25 AM.
Support
Support

DPS = damage per second

FYI: Acronym Finder

stranger
stranger
Are You Supposed To Start Off Wih The Fire Balll Skill Or The Magic Missille SKill
Also Do You Go to the trainer sitting at the table near the Archer Trainer For This Guide Or is there a preist trainer somewhere

addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Divinity 2 ED
Are You Supposed To Start Off Wih The Fire Balll Skill Or The Magic Missille SKill
Also Do You Go to the trainer sitting at the table near the Archer Trainer For This Guide Or is there a preist trainer somewhere

You supposed to start with fireball but you take that skill book at the begining and invest point in magic missile
Just remember
At the begining fireball is piece of crap
Later on It will become useful skill as a mage who don"t use weapon magic missile is god-skill
Just remember
farm some placeses so you can find + magic misile items
Try to find belt,earrings,rings...
I have completed game with magic missile without problmes(Exept for the begining)
Mix that with firewall and you are set

Last edited by Raven.rpg; 06/02/10 10:14 AM.

stranger
stranger
What Skill Book?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard