Print Thread
#397574 02/01/10 03:02 AM
S
Siyren Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Just picked my copy up at gamestop and as soon as i create my character it stays at the loading screen, the game didnt freeze or anything...do you have to wait a long time for it to play or is there something wrong?

Siyren #397597 02/01/10 05:30 AM
Support
Support

You shouldn't have to wait a long time, AFAIK. Did you try restarting the game and creating another character?

Raze #397602 02/01/10 05:54 AM
stranger
stranger
I had no problem creating a character and then starting into the game on the 360. But beware this game atleast on the 360 has tons of bugs. It's a very good game but for how long it took to get released the number of bugs is irresponsible of the game devs.

Sometimes your most beautiful dreams devour your soul sending you to dark planes infernal.
darlok86 #397630 02/01/10 09:49 AM
stranger
stranger
What bugs? Everyone keeps saying that..... The only thing I have had any trouble with at all, is maybe once or twice a day when I reload, after a death it will; A: Say it loaded successfully but just keeps going to the load game screen. A simple dashboard exit fixes that every time. B: Very rarely when reloading it will put you a little bit away from where you should be but everything else is the same. Now granted any kind of saving bug is bad, it seems to be one of the few problems. The other "bugs" have only been reported by a few people who are having problems that no one else is. The saving bug is something everyone is experiencing, therefore can be called a "bug". And bugs of any kind can pop up even after rigorous testing, so give the devs a break unless you, yourself, sit around inputting thousands of lines of code on a daily bases for months on end.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir(J.R.R. Tolkien)
Turambar304 #397643 02/01/10 11:38 AM
enthusiast
enthusiast
I haven't experienced any of these bugs to be honest.

Unreal Warfare #397656 02/01/10 12:16 PM
old hand
old hand
Neither have I.
These issues so to be prone to the US Version.

DivineGamer #397698 02/01/10 04:43 PM
Sometimes the game will freeze up after dying and I cannot load my previous save. This forces me to go back to my dasboard and re-launch the game. A little annoying, but it is not hampering my enjoyment of the game. A patch would indeed be nice, though.

ironcreed #397712 02/01/10 05:26 PM
addict
addict
Yeah, I haven't noticed any bad bugs yet and I know it's not possible to fix every known and unknown bug, but any patch would be welcome, especially one that fixes the save issue. I've had no problems with it and I was overwriting saves, but I've started to open a new save every time and delete the old ones just to be on the safe side.

Last edited by Libertarian; 02/01/10 05:26 PM.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Libertarian #397842 02/01/10 10:51 PM
stranger
stranger
Well it seems these bugs are related to the US release and maybe more so to the xbox 360 than the pc version. I have a 360 which my complaints of issues is based on. I also played the computer demo which seemed to work much better but thanks to copy rights I can't exchange it :hihi:. I have personally experienced and odd glitch where when going to use a weapon in my inventory and trying to equip it I find the weapon has deleted itself entirely. It's still fun though. I do wish they had included some of the graphics options that the pc version has on the 360 though. It seems it has the lower end of the graphics and no way to change them.

Sometimes your most beautiful dreams devour your soul sending you to dark planes infernal.
darlok86 #397850 02/01/10 11:06 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by darlok86
Well it seems these bugs are related to the US release and maybe more so to the xbox 360 than the pc version. I have a 360 which my complaints of issues is based on. I also played the computer demo which seemed to work much better but thanks to copy rights I can't exchange it :hihi:. I have personally experienced and odd glitch where when going to use a weapon in my inventory and trying to equip it I find the weapon has deleted itself entirely. It's still fun though. I do wish they had included some of the graphics options that the pc version has on the 360 though. It seems it has the lower end of the graphics and no way to change them.

Consoles have fixed hardware. A game like Two Worlds has console commands on 360, but that's only to dumb down the visuals and such to get the piece of crap to run slightly better.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Libertarian #397861 02/01/10 11:29 PM
XBOX 360 PAL UK Version. Picked it up xmas eve - if it was not for the demo I would of missed this gem!

I installed the game onto the harddrive, after doing the Academy it failed to load the flying ship movie I had seen from the demo. I uninstalled the game and ran it off the disc to get past this point, re-saved, re-installed and it's been fine since.

There is a minor sound volume bug the longer you survive, It's linked to the volume being made quite when in menu's and when you return back to the game it get's louder. Over time the in-game volume gets louder and louder to the point I have to turn my TV volume down a tad. If I die, or reload it returns back to default. (Minor bug)

One last thing. Bind's to the (B) and (A) button's are activated when you return from menu's back to the game meaning if you have HP on (B) button (which would be BACK), it will auto drink one when you return to the game play. A shame this is a little broke, but with the right things set to (A) and (B) you can limit what effects you may do/use ect...
Example Fix: If (A) Button is a FireBall then it will not fire unless there is a target.

I had a Birthday today - I became a full on Dragon Knight!!! smile
Great game so far. Love it!

piccy: http://i46.tinypic.com/vqqosz.jpg

Divinity II: XBOX 360
Region: PAL (UK)
Display: 1080i HDMI PC
Dungeon Master #397863 02/01/10 11:41 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by Dungeon Master
XBOX 360 PAL UK Version. Picked it up xmas eve - if it was not for the demo I would of missed this gem!

I installed the game onto the harddrive, after doing the Academy it failed to load the flying ship movie I had seen from the demo. I uninstalled the game and ran it off the disc to get past this point, re-saved, re-installed and it's been fine since.

There is a minor sound volume bug the longer you survive, It's linked to the volume being made quite when in menu's and when you return back to the game it get's louder. Over time the in-game volume gets louder and louder to the point I have to turn my TV volume down a tad. If I die, or reload it returns back to default. (Minor bug)

One last thing. Bind's to the (B) and (A) button's are activated when you return from menu's back to the game meaning if you have HP on (B) button (which would be BACK), it will auto drink one when you return to the game play. A shame this is a little broke, but with the right things set to (A) and (B) you can limit what effects you may do/use ect...
Example Fix: If (A) Button is a FireBall then it will not fire unless there is a target.

I had a Birthday today - I became a full on Dragon Knight!!! smile
Great game so far. Love it!

piccy: http://i46.tinypic.com/vqqosz.jpg

What up, Virtua?! headbanging
Welcome!

Libertarian #397867 02/01/10 11:45 PM
Is that Bio? elo bud if that's you. Thought I'd pop along as this game is rocking and I'd like to see some tweaks just to polish it off. smile

Dungeon Master #397887 03/01/10 01:06 AM
M
stranger
stranger
M
why cant i hot key weapons or potions. i mean i got four circles on the left that i cant use an 2 on the right.

Last edited by mentalsuicide; 03/01/10 01:07 AM.
mentalsuicide #397945 03/01/10 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by mentalsuicide
why cant i hot key weapons or potions. i mean i got four circles on the left that i cant use an 2 on the right.

Hold the D-PAD direction or A,B,X,Y Button you wish to bind for a couple of seconds and a screen will pop up allowing you to do just that.

Dungeon Master #398074 04/01/10 12:35 AM
S
Siyren Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Turns out my problem is if i change my characters name it wont start.

Siyren #398089 04/01/10 02:06 AM
Support
Support

That is strange...
There is an illusionist in the starting village that can change your character's gender and appearance; you might be able to change the name there, as well.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard