Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#397579 02/01/10 03:35 AM
J
JoJoMac Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
If they want to compete with Dragon Age, they need better graphics. Can they make a patch that deals with this? I really think if they could upgrade the graphics this game would be more of a hit, right now it is mostly people who find it and like the idea get it. Not like Dragon Age where you can see everything clearly and things look good even out of the cut scenes.

addict
addict
I think the game's pretty beautiful, but it isn't technically amazing. Dragon Age isn't either, though.

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
B
BeZ Offline
stranger
stranger
B
Technically it's rather mediocre, but it looks nice enough in my opinion. I don't really care as long as the gameplay is enjoyable, wich it generally is.

Ain't too happy about how "well" it runs those mediocre visuals on my system though, heh.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by JoJoMac
If they want to compete with Dragon Age, they need better graphics. Can they make a patch that deals with this? I really think if they could upgrade the graphics this game would be more of a hit, right now it is mostly people who find it and like the idea get it. Not like Dragon Age where you can see everything clearly and things look good even out of the cut scenes.

D2 graphics are ok, in some ways better than DA, at least from the artistical point of view.

Problem is that most people don't have machines that can handle D2 at max settings, because the engine is not realy awesomely optimized, so people compromise and scale down the graphics quality, then complain its bad. DA:O on the other hand, mostly all machines can handle it at semi-max graphics, so most people say its "beauty".

At 1920x1200, with full max graphics quality, D2 has in-fact some better reflections and less pixelization at close-ups, not mentioning the better artistical scenarios, but thats just my opinion.

Last edited by KnightPT; 02/01/10 04:21 AM.
stranger
stranger
The graphics aren't much better than Drakken: The Ancients Gate and that game was made in early 2000. lol well ok it's slightly better than Drakken but still there's issues if a gaming company today who takes an extra amount of time to put a game on the market can't even pull out the kind of graphics that are on the market today. Especially with the 360 port which is what I'm playing.

Sometimes your most beautiful dreams devour your soul sending you to dark planes infernal.
addict
addict
Originally Posted by darlok86
The graphics aren't much better than Drakken: The Ancients Gate and that game was made in early 2000. lol well ok it's slightly better than Drakken but still there's issues if a gaming company today who takes an extra amount of time to put a game on the market can't even pull out the kind of graphics that are on the market today. Especially with the 360 port which is what I'm playing.

Wait, wtf, you can't be serious...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

hahaha

My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
stranger
stranger
I think The graphics is ok in this game, i personly didnt like Dragon age so i cant compare. lets say i was one of those that played 50 hours but was stuck in loading screen for 10 of those hours so i just had it with DA

stranger
stranger
Yeah I really don't think their that bad either. And If it has a good story with long, immersing gameplay, then its worth a lil graphic sacrifice.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir(J.R.R. Tolkien)
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by darlok86

You really need to stop being a Graphics whore and read what your saying and evaluate it as this games looks better than Drakken and you bloody know it.
Why do all you people think Larian has lots of money and a monster company like EA Behind them?
Thats clearly not the case what so ever.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Technical issues, like frame rate and pop in, aside I think the game looks fine. It's not the best looking game on the market, but it's more than nice enough to look at. I love the artistic style.

As for it looking no better than Draken, I just had to laugh. Some people clearly have no clue whatsoever. If you're going to be a graphics whore then at least do it with some credibiity. The guy who put up an argument in comparison to Oblivion a while ago at least had a better argument.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 02/01/10 11:35 AM.

apprentice
apprentice
In general, i don't really mind the graphics, they look ok to me.
It's more or less the gameplay that lacks some extra's. (walk around with your dragon (unless its comming up later), go under water. not being stuck behind a rock if u jump over it by accident -.- etc.)
Anyway i like the game tough, it's just a small frustration sometimes wink

Last edited by Lunainin; 02/01/10 11:38 AM.

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
stranger
stranger
Oh come on!
The graphics are just fine, they aren't top notch but dragon age's gfx aren't either.
I play on High setting and it looks fine, some of the cutscenes with damian's shiny armor look pretty amazing too in my opinion.
I think you should look at a game in it's whole and not just focus on one part of a game. You have to take story and gameplay in consideration, it's the experience of a game, not just the look of it. For comparison, I read some reviews of 'Avatar' in which they usually state that the graphics are good but that gameplay and controls suck, so what you have then?

grtz

old hand
old hand
Art direction & gameplay > graphics

Technically, they are a bit rough around the edges, but artistically the visuals are quite beautiful. The world itself really has a unique fantasy vibe that gives the game it's own personality. The world of Rivellon is very easy to lose yourself in, and in that regard, the game does it's job well.

old hand
old hand
I was replaying Mass Effect the other day and really, the textures in that game are horrendous. The environments & levels - all copy paste, sterile & lifeless. Does this constitute good graphics?

I could say the same for Dragon Age. Why bother with such detailed body models if everything else is going to be ugly? Better to balance it out, like in Div 2.

Last edited by virumor; 02/01/10 06:31 PM.
addict
addict
Yeah, Mass Effect 2 is gorgeous and Mass Effect 1 also looks pretty good, but it has some lacking areas thanks to the UE3. It seems they've overcome the issues with the sequel, though. We shall see. Can't wait for the 26th.

I don't think either game is ugly. I do feel that Dragon Age is missing something, though, and I adore the game. It's very bland graphically. Nothing really pops. I think the environments in Divinity II are much brighter and "pop" better.

Last edited by Libertarian; 02/01/10 06:35 PM.

J
JoJoMac Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I agree, the graphics are fine, but not revolutionary like it seemed they were trying to get at. Can they patch it up to make the graphics look better? I think we can't call this a Demon Soul, you know how it is revolutionary and everything.

Last edited by JoJoMac; 02/01/10 06:49 PM.
addict
addict
I agree, the graphics are fine, but not revolutionary like it seemed they were trying to get at. Can they patch it up to make the graphics look better? I think we can't call this a Demon Soul, you know how it is revolutionary and everything.

Other than the online infrastructure that allows you to see other players "souls" and write messages on the environment to warn others of danger ahead, nothing about Demon's Souls is "revolutionary". It's very much a Japanese take on the CRPG.

J
JoJoMac Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
Your right I guess, but it is hard for me at least to love this game without some good graphics, could they change them up in a patch? Also, I play on a HD TV is there a way to upgrade the graphics like put it to high? Maybe I'm not getting the full picture because of that.

Your right I guess, but it is hard for me at least to love this game without some good graphics, could they change them up in a patch? Also, I play on a HD TV is there a way to upgrade the graphics like put it to high? Maybe I'm not getting the full picture because of that.

No, there will be no patches that will alter the graphics, lol. Hopefully they will release one that will clean up a few of the freezing and game save issues some are having, though.

Seriously, try viewing the game from an artistic and fantasy perspective. Beyond that, try to focus on the gameplay and getting immersed into the world. Underneath a few technical hiccups, the core of the game here is extremely solid and the world has a wonderful fantasy setting.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard