Next Thread
Print Thread
J
JoJoMac Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
I hear the graphics are better at high, I play on xbox 360, so is there a way to make the resolution better?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Go to the Xbox 360's display settings and try playing with those. Try playing with your TV/Monitor settings aswell.

I find this game looks good on a 32" HDTV via HDMI at around 1 and a half metres with very little noticable aliasing at 1080p.

I found VGA to look horrible regardless.

I find larger TV's, using HDMI, just look pixellated (if that's the right word) and show the aliasing badly.

Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 03/01/10 12:27 PM.

stranger
stranger
I have a 42" 1080i, and it looks pretty darn good. The only thing you could possibly do is what Unreal said and just mess around with your settings on both the xbox and your tv. It's possible you could smooth it out a bit.

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir(J.R.R. Tolkien)
J
JoJoMac Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
J
How would you mess around with the settings on your xbox and your tv?

P
apprentice
apprentice
P
I'm not a hundred percent sure but I don't think you can do anything about resolution in 360 games. The designers program the game at a certain resolution, and that's that. Changing your display's resolution won't make any (or very little difference). I play on a CRT monitor with VGA and I get horrible jaggies on Divinity 2. But I've also played a few other games on a full HD 1920 x 1080 monitor with HDMI and it made little or no difference.

I've also played games on a 32" LCD TV and I still get jaggies.

And I've also played games on that CRT monitor with VGA and got no jaggies at all. I can only assume it's just the way they program the games. They set the resolution, and apply AA, or no AA. If you could change the resolution there would be options for it in the game's settings like on a PC game. But there aren't.

Like I said, I'm not completely sure about that, but from a bit of research and a good deal of experimentation that's the conclusion I've come to.

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard