Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#397671 02/01/10 01:56 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Ok, I was loving the game until about 20 minutes ago when I started fighting through all the bandits to get to the tower so I can retake it from Laiken. I managed to make it most of the way up until I ran into these "Bandit Captains" that keep healing themselves which makes them seemingly impossible to kill. I just cannot damage them enough to take them down before they heal. I just hit level 18 with mostly warrior skills and they are 16s so normally I would not have much trouble killing them. Anyone know if their healing is magic or potion based? Maybe a point in Mana Leech would help? This is really, really frustrating...

EDIT: Yeah, so Mana Leech seemed to make no difference.

Last edited by Killbomb; 02/01/10 02:02 PM.
I just used explosive arrows, then got in close with my two handed sword and chopped them down with jump attack, whirlwind and regular attack. It took me a few tries, but I plowed through them.

Last edited by ironcreed; 02/01/10 04:55 PM.
veteran
veteran

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

I've noticed you are quite good at smugly posting links but not at actually offering any help. You do your job as forum troll quite well.

Originally Posted by ironcreed
I just used explosive arrows, then got in close with my two handed sword and chopped them down with jump attack, whirlwind and regular attack. It took me a few tries, but I plowed through them.

Thanks for the tips. I just decided to go to the Fjords for a bit and try to level some more before returning to the tower.

Last edited by Killbomb; 02/01/10 10:45 PM.
Originally Posted by Killbomb

I've noticed you are quite good at smugly posting links but not at actually offering any help. You do your job as forum troll quite well.

Originally Posted by ironcreed

Thanks for the tips. I just decided to go to the Fjords for a bit and try to level some more before returning to the tower.

Yeah, a pretty straight forward approach, but it worked for me. Also, I had to get to level 17 before I stood a chance, so smart on your part to go to Orobas Fjords to knock off a few level 18 goblins for some quick exp.

Last edited by ironcreed; 02/01/10 11:35 PM.
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Loaded an older save, got to 18 again, put a point in Explosive Arrows and managed to finally kill the Bandit Captains as well as the other enemies. Thanks again.

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard