Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hi all, I'm new to the boards and could really use some info regarding game progression after the Battle Tower.

Before I ask this question though:

====================================================================================================
=========================================SPOILER ALERT==============================================
====================================================================================================

Ok well, my question is: after you have won back the Battle Tower from Laiken and destroyed Damian's Flying Armada, what exactly are you suppose to do? Now, before everyone starts stating the obvious, let me just say what I've done so far in the Battle Tower. First off, I've already taken the "Note From Maxus" from my private quarters, talked with and used all my platform operators and have just generally spoken to everyone else. I guess what I'm really asking is what is suppose to happen now that you are stuck in the tower due to Damian poisoning Sentinel Island, because I realize that Zandalor wants me to meet him in Aleroth but how are you suppose to leave the island? I know there's a Shrine in our private quarters, but all the Broken Valley Shrines have been erased from the list. However, since I usually do allot of exploring in RPG's, I have access to the Shrine in Orobas Fjords. But what I'm wondering is, what if I never went to that Shrine? I'd have no other way to leave the Battle Tower, so is there something that has to be done to leave the island that I'm missing? Unless of course that Shrine would have been on my list regardless of if I had gone there earlier or not. So, basically what I'm trying to ask is: Is the Shrine in Orabas Fjords on the list of places you can warp to regardless of if you ever went there or not, and if that Shrine is NOT suppose to be on the list automatically, am I missing some crucial cut scene that shows me how to leave the island another way?

I realize that the Shrine in Orabas Fjords is probably suppose to be on the list automatically, but since the game is still really buggy atm, I just want to make sure that I'm not experiencing some kind of bug that's not allowing me to view a crucial cut scene or something like that. So if anyone could just confirm that the way to leave the island is to warp to Orabas Fjords, I could stop looking around the Battle Tower for some cut scene that's not there lol. Any help at all would be appreciated. Thank you.

The only things you have to say you're gunna do are the things you have no intention of doing.
R
stranger
stranger
R
Yes that is the next area for you to go to. It is supposed to be there and you will find alot to do there and alot of headaches trying to figure out how to get through and into areas there heh.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
That's what I was hoping to hear; thank you very much!

The only things you have to say you're gunna do are the things you have no intention of doing.
journeyman
journeyman
I too was wondering how I would have gotten out of the Tower if I hadn't activated that Shrine in the Fjords beforehand. I still don't like the fact that Broken Valley is sealed off after getting the Tower. I would have loved to explore the area in Dragon form.

Last edited by Killbomb; 04/01/10 03:05 AM.
old hand
old hand
You dont need to activate the shrine in fjords before hand, it will present there automatically. By activating it before hand will just prevent you from getting ambush on the 1st travel to that shrine only.

stranger
stranger
What level were you when you defeated Damian's armada, after defeating Laiken in the Battle Tower? I defeated Laiken but cannot defeat the Armada, I die within a minute of play, not enough / strong enough potions left. I thought that once I defeated Laiken I would have a chance to get more potions, maybe level up before doing anything too grand. Instead, it the game throws you right into the Damian battle. I don't have a chance (level 17). Or do I?!

journeyman
journeyman
I don't think you can get any higher than 18 before facing the Armada. By the time I defeated Laiken, my quest log was nearly empty and I was level 18. Just try concentrating on the enemy nests. I think you just have to kill all of them to pass it if I'm not mistaken.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by rebelshell
What level were you when you defeated Damian's armada, after defeating Laiken in the Battle Tower? I defeated Laiken but cannot defeat the Armada, I die within a minute of play, not enough / strong enough potions left. I thought that once I defeated Laiken I would have a chance to get more potions, maybe level up before doing anything too grand. Instead, it the game throws you right into the Damian battle. I don't have a chance (level 17). Or do I?!

I think you need to practice more on aerial battle, how to steer you dragons and avoid attacks. You should at least had 1 free dragon skill point that time if you do pick up a dragon skill book before, which you can put into healing skill.

I will always destroy catapults 1st. Reason, they always had the highest attack range compare to those flying mobs, and catapults amounts usually outnumber those flying mob. Just make sure dont stop in an area for too long and you will have lesser chances of getting attack. Try to use your surrounding environment to benefits you, such as hiding behind some huge objects, rocks, hill and etc or even fly off the enemy attack range 1st if you found that you really cant take too much.

stranger
stranger
I think you hit the nail on the head. I am an awful, dragon! I have gone back to an old save, before awaking Laiken's demon, and went back to Broken Valley. Seems I have more to do in Broken Valley anyway, and maybe I can stir up some more dragon skill points. I'll search the countryside for books.
Thanks for the input!

apprentice
apprentice
I was lv18 when i defeated Laiken, and i had no problems what soever with the armada.
Avoid the spears that come at you be simply moving alot.
I always went for the nests first, then quickly fly away to avoid more arrows and go back in to destroy catapults. It's a personal taste on where to go for first:)

Good luck smile

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
stranger
stranger
Hmm, I figure I will need military pilot lessons then. Hehe. I did go back to an old save and play Broken Valley out a bit more. I have considered just running around and kicking chickens for a few days in order to level up though! But that's too difficult for me, I like chickens.
Are there any particular places in Broken Valley or Sentinel Island where I can find Dragon skill books?
Thanks so much!

apprentice
apprentice
The most dragon skill books i found are in orobas fjords. I dont think you have any in broken valley. Tough im not sure.

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard