Larian Banner
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Kein #397369 31/12/09 10:27 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
R
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
R
Joined: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by Valkadesh
However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.

The devs can fix only the things they can reproduce.
Obviously.


You know, not everyone knows those kind of things so it would be greatly appareciated if you try being a little more gentle with the way you say things. And I'm sorry to say this but from my point of veiw, you sound as if you are a professional and maybe you are but you are being rude about it and if I'm correct, some people on another forum have already asked you to play nice.

Please do, for the sake of all of those who are unaware of these things.


America...
Riona #397433 01/01/10 01:14 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
S
stranger
Offline
stranger
S
Joined: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Riona
Originally Posted by Kein
Originally Posted by Valkadesh
However, any plans on fixing the black screen issue /=. It really kinda sucks playing it below native resolution )=.

The devs can fix only the things they can reproduce.
Obviously.


You know, not everyone knows those kind of things so it would be greatly appareciated if you try being a little more gentle with the way you say things. And I'm sorry to say this but from my point of veiw, you sound as if you are a professional and maybe you are but you are being rude about it and if I'm correct, some people on another forum have already asked you to play nice.

Please do, for the sake of all of those who are unaware of these things.


Also there are times when, and the reasons vary from burnout after working so long to just not giving a hoot, some glaring bugs can be missed as time goes on. If there are multiple reports of the same bug it exists and the responsibility is on the developer, if they wish to provide excellent service and retain customers, to figure out how to recreate it or enlist user help to do so.

Last edited by spongedaddy; 01/01/10 01:14 PM.
spongedaddy #397488 01/01/10 06:59 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Z
stranger
Offline
stranger
Z
Joined: Jan 2010
just wondering will the patch be out sometime around Jan 5th? or is it still unknown to when the actually release of the patch has been said?

Zwei #397502 01/01/10 08:30 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada
Larian Studios
Offline
Larian Studios
Joined: Mar 2003
Location: Canada

We are still assuming/hoping that Larian is trying to get the patch out around or not too long after Jan 5th. Nothing specific has ever been officially mentioned, though.

Raze #397510 01/01/10 09:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
R
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
R
Joined: Dec 2009
i highly doubt it will be out jan 5. if it is then u can all say i told u so but i do pray that it comes out soon after the 5th because i need something fun to do.

^_^ I hope they figure it out soon


America...
Riona #397515 01/01/10 09:47 PM
Joined: Jan 2010
Z
stranger
Offline
stranger
Z
Joined: Jan 2010
man, i can't imagine how frustrated some people are who can't play the game. and having to wait for a patch with no release date or update notice >_<

Zwei #397555 02/01/10 12:58 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
R
apprentice
Offline
apprentice
R
Joined: Dec 2009
yea... I already met a few people who have waited just as long as i have...

believe me...its frustrating on so many levels...specially when everything is suddenly boring to u..


America...
Riona #398150 04/01/10 11:04 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Z
stranger
Offline
stranger
Z
Joined: Jan 2010
guess everyone is on vacation...

KraczyKruk #398156 04/01/10 11:30 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
P
poc Offline
stranger
Offline
stranger
P
Joined: Dec 2009
I hope the patch will allow me to actually play the game because 1+1/2 weeks since i bought the game i still cannot get it started!

Zwei #398161 04/01/10 11:50 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Zwei
guess everyone is on vacation...


Are developers not allowed holidays too?

Or should they have to sacrifice their own time over the festive season to satisfy your own selfish needs?



Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by Zwei
guess everyone is on vacation...


Are developers not allowed holidays too?

Or should they have to sacrifice their own time over the festive season to satisfy your own selfish needs?


Hum, i worked this week-end because a couple of my customers couldnt use our custom-made accounting software last week so that this week they could use it. Is it that hard to believe the devs could work on vacation-time because a few thousands customers couldnt use their software?

Dunno perhaps my company works too much, or values the customers too much instead.


KnightPT #398215 04/01/10 04:11 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2006
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.

KnightPT #398225 04/01/10 05:01 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by KnightPT
Originally Posted by Unreal Warfare
Originally Posted by Zwei
guess everyone is on vacation...


Are developers not allowed holidays too?

Or should they have to sacrifice their own time over the festive season to satisfy your own selfish needs?


Hum, i worked this week-end because a couple of my customers couldnt use our custom-made accounting software last week so that this week they could use it. Is it that hard to believe the devs could work on vacation-time because a few thousands customers couldnt use their software?

Dunno perhaps my company works too much, or values the customers too much instead.



So because you did it so should everyone else.

Right.

They spend enough time in their offices developing games as it is, I think they're entitled to spend some time with their families etc if they wish to during the Christmas season. Especially seems the patch is in Q&A/Certification anyway.


Last edited by Unreal Warfare; 04/01/10 05:08 PM.


Lar_q #398238 04/01/10 06:02 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
addict
Offline
addict
Joined: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.


Thank you.


My Favorite RPGs: Divinity franchise, Gothic franchise (including Arcania, so I think I'm alone...), Venetica, Risen, Two Worlds II, The Witcher, Sacred franchise, Fallout franchise, Mass Effect 1, Alpha Protocol, Planescape: Torment, Drakensang, KOTOR 1 & 2, etc.
Lar_q #398283 04/01/10 08:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
stranger
Offline
stranger
Joined: Dec 2009
Is this 1.3 patch or something new? Because I have Polish version of D2 and already have 1.3 patch.

Lar_q #398285 04/01/10 09:15 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
R
stranger
Offline
stranger
R
Joined: Nov 2009
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.


Cool, crossfingers for a simultaneous release for all the versions.

Lar_q #398290 04/01/10 09:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2009
A
stranger
Offline
stranger
A
Joined: Dec 2009
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.


See, this is all ANYONE wants. Just an update, let us know we aren't pulling out our
own hair in vain. THANK YOU. Divinity 2 can finally be the triple A title we all see
it capable of being.

I just hope you guys got the loading freeze bug wink

KraczyKruk #398300 04/01/10 10:27 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Soviet Empire
veteran
Offline
veteran
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Soviet Empire
Originally Posted by KraczyKruk
Is this 1.3 patch or something new? Because I have Polish version of D2 and already have 1.3 patch.

There is no 1.3 patch. It's 1.03. Polish version has some fixes in it, but not all.

Lar_q #398309 04/01/10 10:48 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
enthusiast
Offline
enthusiast
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Portugal
Originally Posted by Lar_q
Believe it or not, the patch has been ready for quite some time, but there's a lot of process this thing has to go through before it can be released. Out of that process came one issue which is now fixed, so I hope you'll still see it this week. My sincere apologies.




Hey sir, thats all the people wanted to hear - un update.

Something i think developers all over the world still havent understood is that most of the time, all it takes is 1 minute and 1 post with an update to silence a lot of bad mouths.

Thank you again.







KnightPT #398355 05/01/10 07:13 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Lar_q Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Joined: Dec 2006
Trust me, it's frustrating as hell for us too - I remember when we could build patches and release them the next day, allowing us to react very fast to whatever problems were encountered and quickly helping out if something went wrong. Now, for a million reasons, everything takes eternities before it gets from us to you.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Bvs, ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5