Next Thread
Print Thread
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Hi gang.

Been 20 years since I played video games. Played with my son while he was growing up..Zelda, Final Fantasy etc. Recently got an xbox360 and played the game Fable II. Loved it. Bought this game. Now I feel like Ive ventured into unseen waters. Heres the sit-rep.

Seems Im stuck in Broken Valley. If I go to kill ghost in chapel in town...die. Map 2.1 entrance 2.2

If I can make it to entrance 2.4...locked

If I get to entrance 2.5 without dying..I walk in...die

I have not been to entrances 2.6 or 2.7 yet

I have done a good many side quests..not all. Seems the ones I havent done theres no where to go to complete them...kill the big boar, hunt down criminals, things like that.

I am a sword guy in game. I am at Level 3.. I have played over 20 hours and I am still on same map.

What the heck am I doing wrong? If I want to play to keep building levels all I can do is walk around just outside of village and try to kill a few goblins then run like hell before they gang up on me and kill me. Dont seem right.

With a game this big I thought Id get through the first map fairly easy. I have the game set at about 25% difficulty even, so I could play it..or so I thought.. Or should I just play Leggo Indiana Jones and call it a day.

Ant suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

apprentice
apprentice
Can't remember where i started, but if you have done quite some quests, and are only at lv 3. Then you probably havent killed any mobs?
I think i downed the ghost around lv 6-8 (kill the 2 skeletons first behind the big pillar, then kite the ghost around the pillar)

Have you talked to all the citizens yet? Some may have side quests.
The boar q i failed myself. Later on in the game you'll find a lv 11 troll. I killed the troll before i got this quest (-.-) And i always tought that was the thing you needed to kill for that quest.

My suggestion: talk to ALL the people, also in the next small village. and start farming exp on some boars and goblins. There are also hidden dungeons everywhere outside town smile Look for ?Hatch? on the ground.

Good luck smile

Last edited by Lunainin; 05/01/10 12:25 PM.

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
stranger
stranger
Yeah you definitely need to get a few levels up before you try and beat him. I remember I tried going right for him when I got that quest and no go. And as for going to a new area, you will be in Broken Valley for awhile. Its a very large place. Just try going south from the village and taking on some goblins. You have got the right idea with the hit and runs. Just walk up slowly to a group of baddies and you can usually get just one or two of them to leave the pack and you can lead them off and deal with them one at a time. This game is pretty tough starting out, because if the enemies are more than two levels above you their extremely mean. But its a great game, and the more so because of its difficulty. Stick with it!!!! Once you get a few levels up and learn the basics you will be just fine.....

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them?-Mithrandir(J.R.R. Tolkien)
F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
I have not killed any "mobs". I did try to do the "Bad Baud" quest. I got the names of people who might know the location, but I am unable to find this location, dont know where the "ruined chapel" is.

Seems theres alot of chests I cant open, I have level 1 lockpicking abilitties. Maybe there is better gear in those chests, beats me.

Guess I'll go spend the next several hours killing goblins 2 at a time till I get up a few more levels.

Still, if anyone else has some input....please...bring it to me

Thanks

veteran
veteran
When you go for killing Goblins you shall see where the the "location" is for that quest! wink
but attention: first kill enough enemies to level up the much you can because for that quest you must kill .... (more I don't wish to say!) ...

What I always do if enemies are to strong for me is explore futher other area's first to find enemies I can handle with wink !!

Tray mindreading too, it's worth the XP-costs! smile

Trading can be also useful if you wish to improve your gear ... but there is also enough good gear to find or as a reward for doing a quest ....

And search "levers" to open hidden area's or search for a hidden hatch behind a tree or something ....

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
journeyman
journeyman
Boy, do I know your'e frustration. Don't worry about it though. Do as the other guys advised and attack and run. Also, When you level again, choose the summon ghost ability; that helped me ALOT when I first started. The ghost will heal you up some during a battle. The next spell I would advise you to get would be charm. It will turn one of the attackers to your side and he will fight for YOU for a short period and that may be just the time you need to throw back a heal potion.

Talk to everyone to recive more quests and keep refering to this site; it has helped me get through quite a few areas where I was stuck. [ I am currently having problems with hall of echoes ] This game is not like Fable2 at all. Some of the quests [ actually most ] you cannot complete real quick and it requires you to go to different parts of the world before you can complete it.

ADVICE: Since you are still at the village; kill all the small goblins and skeletons that you can but stay away from the center of the goblin village. There is a glowing ball with a mask on it. Dont take him on until you are a higher level. Go around the edges and use a bow to draw them to you. Dont try to tke them all on. The trick is to get them to break away from the others and make them come to you. I'm level 17 and I still do that.

This game is difficult; but the satisfaction that you get when you finish a quest is unmatched in any other game i have played!!!!!! I hope that helps.

journeyman
journeyman
Oh, I almost forgot; save save and save game.....

apprentice
apprentice
You can always put the game play difficulty on easy as well. So you die less fast.
Actually at the last part of the game i only played on easy.
But even "easy" was not easy at some parts wink

-------
You don't know what you got, Till it's gone.
-------
apprentice
apprentice
The beginning of the game is the hardest, i waited till i was level 4 (or 5) before i tried with the ghost again. Took me many attempts on easy but it is do-able. Running and jumping around like crazy helped me lol. Make sure you're packed with all the potions, charms and best weaponry you can carry and afford. You may want to try long range attacks.

Let us swim in this sea of fire, and hope that the demons of doubt do not drown us.

xbox360 GamerTag- Bazomanda
old hand
old hand
The game is not actually hard, its just required you to think more, rather than just rush blindly into a horde of mobs, thinking that you are in god mode. When you 1st enter broken valley area, best is to clear out all those goblins and wild boars in the wild. As you level higher, you eventually get lesser exp from killing lower level mob. Quest exp wont change no matter what your level is. I re started a ranger recently in high difficulty and can easily reach lvl 5 by just killing mobs in the wild without doing any quests.

F
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
F
Thanks for all the input guys. I have made a little headway. You're right though. This game isnt anything like Fable II. It does require you to think of your attack and approach a lot more. Reminds me a little bit of Zelda. Doing the same thing again and again till you figure it out, then you go "oh yea, thats what I needed to do".
Thanks again for all the help. Im pretty sure with the help of this forum I will be able to play this game without throwing an ashtray or remote through my TV set. Thanks again...

stranger
stranger
Wow, I must have way too much experience playing RPGs, because so far, the game has been a cakewalk for me. The only mild challenge was the assassin, but nothing a few special potions couldn't fix. Have not died once, I'm level 5 and done with the first section of Broken Valley, just met Mr. Evil.

M
journeyman
journeyman
M
elektro yep that some kind oftruth but u must expect that some mobs/mid bosses are quitte overpowerated

B
stranger
stranger
B
Hey it is good to know I am not the only old(er) dude playing this game lol

Moderated by  ForkTong, Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard